Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Firearms Licence Application Update - 4 October 22

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by small_caliber View Post
    So you aren't a vettor yourself?
    If you'd care to read the second sentence you've highlighted it will answer your question.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Yep, just received this from Nicole McKee

After years of pressure, we are pleased to let you know that the Government has announced sweeping new changes to firearms licensing in New Zealand. This is a great result. I want to thank the many of you who have contacted me over the past few years with your insights and feedback. Our continued advocacy has put the pressure on the Government, and we are seeing the outcomes.

The amendment means that licences will remain in effect until new applications are fully processed, so people will no longer be left in limbo as their licence expires while they are waiting to hear about their renewal. To be eligible for this you must apply for renewal before your current license expires.

Renewed licences will also take effect from the date of issue rather than the date of expiry. This will go a long way to gradually crushing the bell curve that exists from the shift from lifetime to 10 yearly firearms licences in 1992. Dealers will also be pleased to know that this new extension will also apply to them.

The amendment also means police can issue notices and documents electronically. ACT is supportive of this on the condition that receipt must be acknowledged. We will monitor this through the Select Committee process and ensure it receives the scrutiny it deserves.

It is fantastic that our dogged advocacy for licensed firearms owners has led to real change. I hope this will be a weight off many peoples’ shoulders who were stressed about the expiration of their licence.

This will create a safer regime where people aren’t forced to relocate firearms when their licences expire, and will mean law-abiding New Zealanders aren’t inconvenienced while trying to do the right thing.

The ACT Party is here to make a difference and bring about real change. We are proud to stand up for New Zealand’s law-abiding firearms community.
    Great work ACT and Nicole McKee.
    Thankyou for all your advocacy.
    308, keneff, Mohawk .308 and 1 others like this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Quote Originally Posted by RV1 View Post
    yes, I got the same in my email inbox this morning. That sounds like a positive step - and just good common sense.
    It should have been in the legislation from the start. I think that it took a while for Police to realize how much more work the new act was going to cause them.

I think this amendment will happen because right now thd police are looking bloody stupid in regards to administration of the act and its because of the new legislation (governments fault) which police supported.
    landy likes this.

stug and OGM like this.

Thanks Nicole, me with 3 weeks to go till I was a criminal.

Sounds like Aunty Cinda has burnt the lot of you.

I always thought NZ was reasonable.

Considering now if planning a hunt there bringing a rifle is viable .

over here, over there, either here, or there
    How freekin hard did it have to be.
    Just the same as what is done in Tasmania.
    Why don't the numpties look to other jurisdictions and compare notes?
    Oh, that's right - our legislation has to be better, so that the world can look up to us.
    F^k wits.
    Time for a purge.

Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    Shall we wait for the public apology from the Police Minister and Police Commissioner on this ?
    You'll go fairly blue in the face if you're holding your breath 😉
    Sideshow, keneff, ROKTOY and 1 others like this.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Gone but not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruntled View Post
    Thanks Nicole, me with 3 weeks to go till I was a criminal.
    I doubt the bill will go through within three weeks...
    Eat Meater likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    Shall we wait for the public apology from the Police Minister and Police Commissioner on this ?
    Mate, ya dreaming!

Now we just need to trun back that register lol love to see that in a party promise come election time......

"Hey Look NZ we are going to save you Millions of dollars on something thats never worked, by getting rid of this before it even comes in"!!
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.