Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Firearms licence waiting times

Received my reminder today, after I have paid the fee,got the photos and referees and submitted the forms.

At least I got one but less than a month is not much lead time.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

GWH
    Shit, mine expires in Sept, I'd better get onto it by the sounds.
    Ernie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    This is probably a dick move, but someone had suggested me to fill out dissatisfaction form online on the time its taking to print licence (I filled it after waiting 3 months and needed it for an auction on TradeMe) and the licence came within 42 hours after I filled the form out. Some other members also mentioned filling that form out will most likely get your licence in mail within 1 or 2 days, but kind of a dick move since your licence gets bumped to the top of the list over everyone else just cause we complained.
    No I do not think that this is a dick move!
    You are paying for a service that is not being provided. If I get a bad meal in a restaurant then I complain!
    I feel that there is no difference between the two as money has changed hands.
    Get a tradesman in that dose a shit job you go to Fair Go, trading standers etc. This is just the same.
    Complain guys do it loudly too. You pay your taxes for this. Don't get me started that they now want to change the laws and are dragging there feet because they want less of us to have our sporting goods.
    Can you imagine if they licensed golf clubs and dragged there feet with waiting times on that.....even the ones with the extra long mag and pistol grip handle man golf is so bad ass

Thank god it's Friday evening time for a BEER
    mikee and TheChosenOne like this.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    I have done 2 referee requests this week, I did both at the same time over the phone for two different people from different area's. Efficient AO.
    sometimes likes this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Mine took 5 months

I understand that it takes time for the officers to get around.....but dose it really need to be a police officer?
    They really need to out source this! Simple effective training and almost anybody off good sound character could do this job.
    Mind you you would need to put in the job interview a question on being anti!

Had a comment from a cop here in the uk about how do you think the animal feels? I told him to do his job and keep his personal feelings to himself his mate nearly fell over laughing
    veitnamcam likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    I understand that it takes time for the officers to get around.....but dose it really need to be a police officer?
    They really need to out source this! Simple effective training and almost anybody off good sound character could do this job.
    Mind you you would need to put in the job interview a question on being anti!

Had a comment from a cop here in the uk about how do you think the animal feels? I told him to do his job and keep his personal feelings to himself his mate nearly fell over laughing
    There haven't been serving cops doing it for years around here. Usually just retired cops or office staff employed by the cops being paid a certain amount for each file they put through.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    There haven't been serving cops doing it for years around here. Usually just retired cops or office staff employed by the cops being paid a certain amount for each file they put through.
    Oh so the faster they post files the more they get paid

A mate just told me today he finally received his licence in the mail on Friday... waiting time... 7 months. It was just a renewal, not starting from scratch. He's in his 50's and held a licence since he was a teenager.

Another personal I know locally who is actually a police officer... last time I spoke with him two weeks ago... still waiting after 6 months.

Young lad who is my sons' good mate... applied in December, just did his interview two days ago. Given it will be another 3 weeks before he gets the plastic you can pretty much call it 6 months.

This time last year it took 3 weeks to get an interview and another 3 weeks to get the plastic. So what changed? Well, since then our local lady (who was really good at her job) resigned and moved on. I dare say she was a busy lady and was under a lot of pressure for a part time worker. Just goes to show the value of good employees.

And your in a lesser populated part of NZ planenutz

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    And your in a lesser populated part of NZ planenutz
    Very true.

Mind you, I would expect we have a very high number of FAL holders by head of population in Otago.

Quote Originally Posted by Swoffer View Post
    The email address to check progress of your license renewal is project.firearms@police.govt.nz
    They replied to me in 24 hours. My renewal took 2 months start to finish.
    Is the same email address to email if you've applied for a license?

MaW
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Just as an aside it took me 13 days from electronic submission to paperwork in hand for an import permit. Clearly some in the bureaucracy are more efficient than others.
    I just got one back. According to dates on the paper, it was about 2 weeks from submission to approval. It was then 6 weeks following approval before it arrived in the mail.

my renewal was delayed as i had a "black mark" placed against me for refusing to tell interviewer what i owned (all a-cat)

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    Is the same email address to email if you've applied for a license?
    I think so. I emailed our local firearms office regarding the status of my license application , no reply. Then i emailed the address posted by Swoffer and i got a reply within an hour or two stating that they would get back to me with an update "during the next week." (maybe auto reply?) No update yet ofcourse. But to be honest with ya, i dont expect one at all. It is plain that they are in no rush at all to do their work Have tried calling our local firearms office a couple of times too but no pickup. Maybe I should be calling 111? Might get an answer then if im lucky? smh
    Biggun708 likes this.
    By law, you are required to turn on your headlights if it's raining in Sweden.

How the hell am I supposed to know if it's raining in Sweden?