Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Firearms licence waiting times

Just got an email saying that I should receive mine in a month so here's hoping.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by paulbrady View Post
    Same got vetted 10 days ago and was told 3 weeks for the card to arrive. Will post here if it arrives that quickly
    licence turned up today

Got mine in the mail today, so just over 1 month from the interview to card in hand.
    Cyclops likes this.

I just did my renewal early after hearing about these delays. I am not due for renewal for a few months yet (Expires september) but the way this year has vanished so far, september is ot that far away.....And the vetting officer informs me that my new license will still be dated from the expiry date on the old one. I guess I will find out when it gets here....

SGR
    Quote Originally Posted by SGR View Post
    Was vetted 2 weeks ago, rung up today and got my license number and was able to purchase !

Turned up today

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    I just did my renewal early after hearing about these delays. I am not due for renewal for a few months yet (Expires september) but the way this year has vanished so far, september is ot that far away.....And the vetting officer informs me that my new license will still be dated from the expiry date on the old one. I guess I will find out when it gets here....
    Sorry to tell you it won't be dated from the expiry date, I got in early too because of the delays and mine didn't run out until July 2017 however my new one is dated from the end of March so I lost 4 months
    When hunting think safety first

Quote Originally Posted by 7mm Rem Mag View Post
    Sorry to tell you it won't be dated from the expiry date, I got in early too because of the delays and mine didn't run out until July 2017 however my new one is dated from the end of March so I lost 4 months
    Sounds like the passport erm... "scam".

My new one starts from the expiry date of the old one. It arrived a day after the old one expired so maybe just good timing?

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Ask your AO to have a new licence sent to you with the correct expiry date on it.
    keneff and 7mm Rem Mag like this.

Received mime today. So 2 weeks wait.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Hi All,
    It took 4-5 weeks to get my card after I got my letter of Approval.
    nightshooter likes this.

Totally off topic, but same thing really.
    I went into town on Tuesday and renewed my drivers licence. No big deal, except having to get a Drs medical because of my HT, usual paperwork and mugshot taken. My new one arrived today, 3 working days after submitting.
    I'd hazard a guess to say that there's a hell of a lot more people renewing drivers licences than FA licences. Sure, no background checks, interviews or anything else, but that's a pretty good turnaround. Why does it take so long for your FA licence to be printed etc when it's the same process
    veitnamcam and bigbear like this.

Quote Originally Posted by oraki View Post
    Totally off topic, but same thing really.
    I went into town on Tuesday and renewed my drivers licence. No big deal, except having to get a Drs medical because of my HT, usual paperwork and mugshot taken. My new one arrived today, 3 working days after submitting.
    I'd hazard a guess to say that there's a hell of a lot more people renewing drivers licences than FA licences. Sure, no background checks, interviews or anything else, but that's a pretty good turnaround. Why does it take so long for your FA licence to be printed etc when it's the same process
    All done thru a private agency (AA?) and not a govt dept?

I spoke to the AO yesterday and he assurred me that because I applied within 6 months of the expiry that the new period starts at the date of my old expiry. So the new license will expire 10 years from the date of my old expiry date.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    All done thru a private agency (AA?) and not a govt dept?

Yes maybe, but I know the AA is not immune from idiocy and has hired a few drongos /drop kicks as well. When my wife went in to renew hers there was quite a queue for the eye machine. Everyone who used it was told to go see an optometrist because they could not see anything in their left eye. 8 people in a row blind in their left eye and NONE of them ever noticed before???? Stupid bitch behind the counter had not figured out the left bulb had blown and was automatic fail for everyone who used the machine. There was nothing but blackness in the left side to see. I was not happy as there was crying and tears because my wife was already very sensitive about her eyes having been seeing the ophthalmologist frequently over previous twelve months in order to save her eyesight.(Successful) There was letters sent, complaints made and a phone vent as well.