Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Free E's ..... we'll almost

Quote Originally Posted by Tbirdsteve View Post
    I used this process - quite quick too - took about 2 weeks with no hassles. I'm also submitting 3 x POL67X forms to register three of my rifles as E-cat.

Steve
    Hi Steve

When did you do yours for it to take just 2 weeks

In February this year via the Porirua office.

Steve

Question, if I'm still waiting for my e-endorsement to be processed after the 11 June, will that make me a 'criminal' since I wont still have my e-cat endorsement but still own mssa type firearm with its pistol grip.

res
    No more than you are now-it's against the law now and the police are just using there discretion not to prosecute.
    As they are the hold up you should be fine,but as I'm not a lawyer it could be worth emailing your arms officer to ask-mainly to have a record that you are doing everything in your power to comply
    mikee likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

I'm off hunting on Sunday as well and looking at taking the AR for its first shot. (pistol grip and all)
    Anyway will email the arms office but could be a little late now, but at least there will be an email sitting in his inbox.

More pills and Powder!! burtonator's Avatar
    Mine turned up in the mail yesterday
    has (MSSA) in brackets does this just mean that i can only use those types of rifles??

Last edited by burtonator; 09-05-2014 at 08:35 PM.
    Life is the art of drawing without an eraser

More pills and Powder!! burtonator's Avatar
    So they all like that???
    Life is the art of drawing without an eraser

Well that's what an E endorsement is for. It doesn't let you have or do anything else.

E: Also should probably blank out your deets man, FAL # DOB and full name probably aren't great to have floating around on the net

res
    Quote Originally Posted by burtonator View Post
    Mine turned up in the mail yesterday
    has (MSSA) in brackets does this just mean that i can only use those types of rifles??

It's still a normal licence as well if that's what your asking,just with the added endorsement of being allowed to own and use mssa's
    Using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    It's still a normal licence as well if that's what your asking,just with the added endorsement of being allowed to own and use mssa's
    Can just use the particular MSSA that the endorsement give syou 'permission' to possess and no other. A drafting error in the law provides no defence to the supply of an MSSA to any person who does not have an endorsement for that particualr and exact MSSA and a Permit to Procure specificaly that one.

A range officer is even technically unable to even touch any MSSA except the ones for which they have the specific endorsement and permit to procure.

There is much delight in official circles at this 'error' and no plans to repair the drafting error.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Can just use the particular MSSA that the endorsement give syou 'permission' to possess and no other. A drafting error in the law provides no defence to the supply of an MSSA to any person who does not have an endorsement for that particualr and exact MSSA and a Permit to Procure specificaly that one.

A range officer is even technically unable to even touch any MSSA except the ones for which they have the specific endorsement and permit to procure.

There is much delight in official circles at this 'error' and no plans to repair the drafting error.
    Which is why we should bulk apply for P2Ps to facilitate the handling of MSSAs between you and your endorsed mates at the range.
    Ask the range officers to get endorsed and do the same thing.

See how Wellington like hundreds of P2Ps coming in each week to process.

That is the only way the drafting error will ever be fixed.
    Welcome to Sako club.

res
    I asked j green about this, no one has ever been charged under it,and unless they were looking for something to pin on you no one ever will. A very commonly ignored bit of law by every ro who is doing there job-and that's almost all of them.

Someone should do the multi p2p thing as it is the only way such things will get sorted,a Wellington AO said he would love to be involved a couple of years ago.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    I asked j green about this, no one has ever been charged under it,and unless they were looking for something to pin on you no one ever will. A very commonly ignored bit of law by every ro who is doing there job-and that's almost all of them.

Someone should do the multi p2p thing as it is the only way such things will get sorted,a Wellington AO said he would love to be involved a couple of years ago.
    Unfortunately, some ranges will be enforcing the rule from 11 June onwards. I.e. won't allow you to let your mates shoot your E-Cat MSSA under your supervision.
    Mind you, those ranges are anti semis anyway, so not a far extension of that old fart attitude.
    Welcome to Sako club.

res

Free E's ..... we'll almost

How can a RO do there job and follow that clearly un intended rule?

That can't in my opinion

So the law stands in the way of safe use of a legal item

The multi p2p game is a good way to deal with it-even if only the mssa owners and RO's play it-with the police complaints around funding I'm sure they will want to work something out fairly fast
    Using Tapatalk

I noticed that when the vettor came around to do my E-Cat inspection, he didn't touch any rifles, so wouldn't breach that silly rule about handling a MSSA without an endorsement or P2P.
    Welcome to Sako club.