Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Free E's ..... we'll almost

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Yes the interview for myself and my referees was the same as done for an A cat license. Didn't even ask why I needed MSSA's (well the application form does). I was asked "what do you know about your rights regarding self defense". I basically said if you're gonna shoot somebody in self defense you can only do so if you feel your life is in immediate danger. The answer they are looking for is - you can use reasonable force, and because of our storage laws, it is impractical to keep a gun for home defense, because the police think that if you can quickly access a firearm during a home invasion, you probably aren't storing your firearms and ammunition in accordance with the act. No guns for self defense basically.
    I got a different answer entirely, you can use a firearm for defence, but police may decide to charge you regardless.

Thanks for the heads up

Oh yea he said you could use a firearm for sure, it all depends on the circumstance how they would view it. It isn't a big deal with regard to the interview, just don't say "there's a gun stashed in every corner of my house", you might not get it.

If I remember - the interview was basically the A cat one again with 1 page at the end for the E cat part
    Being over gunned is under rated.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Vapour2209

Just listened to the regions new AO at deerstalkers meeting, Firstly was surprised at the area he has to cover Hast up and round to Kiakoura!

One thing he said more than once is "hunting" IS now a valid reason for wanting an "E" endorsment
    P38 and mikee like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Just listened to the regions new AO at deerstalkers meeting, Firstly was surprised at the area he has to cover Hast up and round to Kiakoura!

One thing he said more than once is "hunting" IS now a valid reason for wanting an "E" endorsment
    Wooho, now how and how much does it cost to join the DS
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Wooho, now how and how much does it cost to join the DS
    Members Morgan and/or Kiwi Greg/Kokako should be able to help there. Cant remember.

$ 90 odd bucks? Long time since I was a member

NZDA Auckland Branch
    Auckland branch is $120/year plus $50 joining fee, plus range fees or $40 for unlimited shooting on the range when it's open for shooting.

P38

VC

I put down the following valid reasons for E Cat

Pest Control
    Hunting
    3 Gun Matches
    Target Shooting
    And any other Lawful Use.

All signed off on my lifetime licence for another ten years

Cheers
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    NZDA Auckland Branch
    Auckland branch is $120/year plus $50 joining fee, plus range fees or $40 for unlimited shooting on the range when it's open for shooting.
    Damn thats a bit more than the Hutt valley branch......

Great, I have been considering giving up my B endorsement for a awhile but want to retain my E, might have to go in and have a chat with him. Kinda lost interest in that 9pistol shooting) dept for now. Not enough free time to do it, Sporting clays, Gamebird hunting, Hunting (damn you VC), Rifle shooting and still go fishing. 12 visits a year are hard to squeeze in.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Yea I would like a B but realistically I will never be able to fulfill the range requirements until I retire and by that stage Id say they will only be seen in museums.
    savageshooter likes this.

The pistol club in New Plymouth used to do a midweek .22 shoot at the small bore club in town, helped to free up the weekends for other endeavours.
    Not sure if they still do it, but it was good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Great, I have been considering giving up my B endorsement for a awhile but want to retain my E, might have to go in and have a chat with him. Kinda lost interest in that 9pistol shooting) dept for now. Not enough free time to do it, Sporting clays, Gamebird hunting, Hunting (damn you VC), Rifle shooting and still go fishing. 12 visits a year are hard to squeeze in.

Quote Originally Posted by Moutere View Post
    The pistol club in New Plymouth used to do a midweek .22 shoot at the small bore club in town, helped to free up the weekends for other endeavours.
    Not sure if they still do it, but it was good idea.
    Cable Bay shoot Wednesday nights in the summer, I still manage the attendance requirements easily, but my heart is just not in it any more, given the choice I would rather go shoot some clays or go for a walk in the hills now.