Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Free E's ..... we'll almost

Some very good ideas coming out, im going to use the same A-cat ref as I did last time and ill contact DOC on their position in giving a ref to people wishing to hunt on DOC land.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Some very good ideas coming out, im going to use the same A-cat ref as I did last time and ill contact DOC on their position in giving a ref to people wishing to hunt on DOC land.
    Attach you hunting permit, It's written permission to hunt on DOC administered land surely?
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moutere View Post
    No, it doesn't even ask for a licenced referee, let alone some one with an endorsed licence anymore.

Sounds too Australian having to demontsrate permission/access for land to hunt on.

Very good idea including DOC estate.

Quite right.

I think the aussies got the idea from the poms, you need a letter fro mthe land owner and the rifle you purchase and calibre and only be used on tjhat land ever if you get permission on another place as well its a bullshit system I couldnt live in such a place with so many laws and cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetroot View Post
    If one had a pistol grip stock on a 10/22, is there any reason they would be granted an ecat for that?
    Or will they just be told, nope no reason to have a pistol gr on that, make it acat.
    Yep you can apply and should be granted it. no reason why not, you cant be forced to make it a cat. E cat is e cat regardless of calibre or type, everyone could change gribs on any gun on a 10/22 its not different.

I moved my 10/22 over to E with the while bumhole fiasco, its still got a thumbhole but I get ot use a big mag if I so wish.

Or course registration can always end up being confiscation as has been seen in the UK Australia now california is calling for registration od guns and mags.
    I get all those crims registered theres too.

You are right, it does give permission but what name and number can I put down?

P38
    You are right, it does give permission but what name and number can I put down?
    Nick Smith Minister of Conservation.

His contact details are on the NZ government website.

Cheers
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by P38 View Post
    Nick Smith Minister of Conservation.

His contact details are on the NZ government website.

Cheers
    Pete
    Ok will do, ill submit everything tomorrow and ill update everyone on the progress of the application.
    Hopefully everything goes smoothly!

Cheers,

Nate
    veitnamcam and AzumitH like this.

Hey bud,

Yup on the back of the form under Referees the 3rd one states..

" Person who has given permission for hunting/culling activity and/or land owner (phone/letter)- if hunting is contemplated"

Ill see if I can find an online copy and post it on here for anyone who's interested.

Nate.
    The AO here in CHCH told me that he has never accepted a letter and never will. And all my referees (apart form partner) had to be endorsed licence holders and have known me for at least 2yrs.
    I didn't try to call him out on that......but I will when I see him next.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    The AO here in CHCH told me that he has never accepted a letter and never will. And all my referees (apart form partner) had to be endorsed licence holders and have known me for at least 2yrs.
    I didn't try to call him out on that......but I will when I see him next.
    Who fed you that tripe?, surely it wasn't the boys at central? Once upon a time, you only needed one of the referee's to also hold a Endorsed FAL, and there wasn't a restriction as to how long they'd known you!

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterbishi View Post
    Who fed you that tripe?, surely it wasn't the boys at central? Once upon a time, you only needed one of the referee's to also hold a Endorsed FAL, and there wasn't a restriction as to how long they'd known you!
    It was the man (JB) himself.
    I certainly hope I just got him on a bad day, 'cause shit he was grumpy!
    That's why I'm leaving taking my application in for a little bit. Hopefully he has had time to chill out.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

It's not uncommon for AO's to be pricks to first timers. Happened to me, happened to friends.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Attach you hunting permit, It's written permission to hunt on DOC administered land surely?
    So an organisation see that on the form, turn around and ask you "so you're only ever doing day trips for this ?" Think before you answer because there's a trap in it

Hey guys, just got home from speaking with the AO here in Christchurch. After showing him my application and hunting permit he just told me to use another friend with a Firearms licence as a referee instead of Nick Smith.
    The only thing he was really interested in was security. So after putting down my partner and 2 Refs with A-cat licences he was happy. Only thing left to do is have my safe looked at and an interview.
    Unfortunately one of my refs lives in Auckland so he said it may take a while..
    Another good thing he told me was i can continue hunting with my rifle even though its now e-cat because of the 6 month grace period. (might have been common knowledge but i just found out haha)

Now the waiting game..
    Kscott, mikee and 308 like this.

Thanks Nate, I'm jumping through these hoops soon and it's good to know

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    Thanks Nate, I'm jumping through these hoops soon and it's good to know
    No probs mate