Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Gillespie shooting his mouth again

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    I think we are going to have to wait for the coroners inquest before we get the truth.
    Sorry but the truth will likely not make it past the media filter.....Truth doesn't sell stories....
    P38, tetawa, JoshC and 2 others like this.

Very convenient for the anti gun lobby to have this happen was'nt it

This plonker Gillespie must go through allot of shithouse paper. I mean having to wipe to arseholes, one he speaks from and the other...

I see he him this morning (TV1 Breakfast) spouting his doctrine of false facts and what ifs and half truths.
    This was then followed up by dribbling TV presenters talking absolute shite and basically condemning licenced firearms owners to death by their very own kangaroo court.
    It all seems it is Trade Me's fault in their eyes. Internet bad!!! Its too easy. Anyone can just click and collect and so on. Hillary Barry FFS Boy I wanted to throw stuff at my tv
    It seems the word of the day for tvnz breakfast was "Loop hole"!!!!! How many times can we say it.

The only thing, Only thing I agreed with these cock wollahs was the courier companies dropping off firearms on doorsteps etc.

Ok, deep breath rant over. Night shift makes me grumpy
    P38, chainsaw, stretch and 3 others like this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Very convenient for the anti gun lobby to have this happen was'nt it
    What are you suggesting?

The real facts & in depth analysis never seem to feature in the emotional drivel that TV news and media serve up to the public. Worryingly the picture put forward by media is what Joe public thinks are “facts”.
    I too saw the Barry “interview” with legal expert Gillespie on breakfast news this morning. Appalling lack of facts combined with pandering to personal agendas, emotive statements and “forelock tugging” to “the professor”.
    Any decent journalist would have asked some basic questions like – how did this guy get hold of forearms via TradeMe given that there are new checks in place & the buyer has to go to police station to get himself, FAL & paperwork vetted and approved ? Are the new regs effective ?
    Barry did not even mention the tightening up of rules around internet sales …. just bleated on about “internet sales” as if it was open slather, like ordering a pizza or clothes.
    Emotive drivel …. A cash incentive firearms amnesty and compulsory licensing could stop innocent people being gunned down, a law expert says .
    If Barry & her incompetent grossly over-paid mates were any good at their jobs they’d surely ask
    “compulsory licensing” – is that not already law ? duh !!
    “how would cash incentive & amnesty have avoided this event ? ”
    The person was not in a rational state of mind, and according to media reports was suicidal & paranoid and extremely defensive about his property/house. Like he was going to hand over his firearms or weapons??
    Barry & Gillispie then jumped to the topic of all the recommendations of the select committee report that were not being actioned. Like any of those would have prevented this tragedy. NOT ! But they insinuated that this would have prevented this incident. Bullshit !

The fact that neighbors had alerted the cops to shooting at the property & the cops are reported to have visited to check this out, but no one seems to have checked if the guy had a current FAL ??? or taken further action ? This is where questions need to be asked.
    But i dont expect "the media" to ask such relevant & meaningful questions as it wont fit their own personal agendas.
    mikee, Pengy, Sideshow and 2 others like this.

he also said you didnt need a license to buy ammo !
    also if he is importing parts then isnt that a customs issue ?
    chainsaw, timattalon and Reindeer like this.

That interview this morning was a disgrace, there certainly seems to be this hidden agenda lurking around every corner.

I sent this email to a few MPs. Will pick more but I am making sure to send it to one at a time as they don't like to bother with mass mail dumps. Hence each one is personally addressed by their name. IE Bear Stuart Nash, or Dear Paula Bennett etc. I would write to Cahill and co but I suspect they are so far out of this planet they would read logic as it appears to be a foreign language to him.

Fell free to edit it or reword it and send to someone who may listen......

I am writing this in the hopes that someone will actually listen to reason. Everyone in the media seems to be falling over themselves to back Chris Cahill over a buyer being able to obtain firearms through trade me without a license.

There is two issues here where fault can be placed.

First and foremost- The person who sent / sold the firearm to the unlicensed buyer will be a trademe me user and I am sure the Police should be asking him for the evidence that he received that the buyer actually had a license which is obviously NOT the case. Was he deceived? Or did he supply without checking?

Second, If that seller has evidence that shows he has verified that the buyer from trade me had a license, then if that verification is false then the buyer is guilty of fraud or forgery or whatever means of deception he used to obtain the firearm illegally.

In all of the possible scenarios that I can think of here, there is a law that has been broken intentionally by someone, be it the seller / supplier of the firearms and the person who possessed them. There are already laws in place to restrict these actions, and clearly if people are intent on breaking the law, the clearly more laws for them to break will not help. None of the proposed suggestions from Mr Cahill would make any difference to someone who is intent on breaking the law.
    As for his claims of importing; did he import through the legal channels which require permits to import or customs checks. If he obtained permits to import from the Police then what verification did they see that showed he had the appropriate license to import?

While this is a terrible tragedy and there is no disagreement that he should have, under NO circumstance, had firearms, the question has to be asked; why the members of the community did not come forward and say to the police that there is an unlicensed / unsuitable person with firearms here. His "mate" was even on TV saying that he knew that he had firearms and that he was using methods of deception to import and procure these, yet he sees nothing wrong with this. In my personal view, he is almost as much responsibility for his inaction as the person who fired the gun.

I can only wish to see some signs of common sense and I hope to hear logic and practicality and reason as we approach an election, unfortunately as long as Chris Cahill keeps talking, both my wishes and hopes will likely fall on deaf ears. He brings emotion and personal agenda's to the table with no thought to logic and common sense. His information is usually inaccurate enough that he is either badly informed or intentionally deceptive. Ironically, one can only hope it is the former of the two.

I would like to hear on the media that prosecutions will follow as Police find who sold him these firearms and / or who (if anyone other than the perpetrator) can share the blame for not informing the Police he had firearms or that the Police did nothing when / if they were informed.

Thank you for your time
    EeeBees, mikee, Pengy and 3 others like this.

Bus driver
    Name:  IMG_2113.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  170.9 KB
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

Media are saying that the guy used some one elses firearms licence details to buy via TM. If true, this suggests strongly that the seller(s) did not wait for the required police paperwork, and therefore acted illegally.
    Track them via TM records and prosecute, or the rules are not worth the paper they are written on
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Media are saying that the guy used some one elses firearms licence details to buy via TM. If true, this suggests strongly that the seller(s) did not wait for the required police paperwork, and therefore acted illegally.
    Track them via TM records and prosecute, or the rules are not worth the paper they are written on
    fully agree pengy. it needs to be investigated and those who assisted brought to trial.
    timattalon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    fully agree pengy. it needs to be investigated and those who assisted brought to trial.
    +1 Pengy.
    If the cops cant enforce the laws that already exist (which is their job) why do they (Cahill?) think more laws and regs will help ?? Defies logic and also cries out for decent investigation and reporting by the journo's .... but Im not holding my breath on that ever happening.

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    +1 Pengy.
    If the cops cant enforce the laws that already exist (which is their job) why do they (Cahill?) think more laws and regs will help ?? Defies logic and also cries out for decent investigation and reporting by the journo's .... but Im not holding my breath on that ever happening.
    Maybe if you say the shooter was drunk HDPA will go on a crusade to defend her right to buy wine with her groceries?

This need not have happened everyone failed this poor bugger his family knew he was unstable his "friend" lent him his FAL the AO did not pickup that he was using someone elses FAL
    when he picked up the 43A form, the PC's didn't check that he had a valid license when they visited him about his target range, Maybe all Northland residents are stoned all the time
    it sure looks that way, The media aren't without fault none of them check any facts, the items listed that he bought on TM didn't require a License they don't say what firearms he bought
    if he did buy any on TM some one broke the law or quite a few of them like Heather whatsit Allen, the police will cover their butts the politicians will pass a couple of new unnecessary laws
    which the police won't enforce just like the rest and nothing will change until next time and it will start all over again.

Some of you really aren't thinking properly. You have to remember that police (the ones who work front line anyway) have to work within the law.

Yes they knew he had constructed a building of some sort made for shooting from. Yes they knew he didn't have a firearms license and of his violent record. But what can they do if he told them that his mate often comes around with his rifle and they have a shoot on his land? Nothing.

Is that illegal? No.

Does that give you reasonable suspicion to get a warrant to search his house? No.

You think if he asked him if he had guns he would have said yeah? No.

Come on guys, I know we like to bash the cops a bit, but a bit of common sense wouldn't go astray.