Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Home renovation and gun licence

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Amely View Post
    Hello,
    I think so you should first complete your home renovation.if you want to complete your home renovation fastly so you should hire more labour or contact with contractors who do this work well. Recently I completed my home renovation from commercial painter company. You can contact them and get information related to your problem.
    Just why do you think it's necessary to complete a home renovation before applying for a firearms licence?

Quote Originally Posted by 10-Ring View Post
    Just why do you think it's necessary to complete a home renovation before applying for a firearms licence?
    Well it can be explained like this…..if you live in a mobile home and it’s got a flat tyre and the engine is out then don’t apply till it’s fixed
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Well it can be explained like this…..if you live in a mobile home and it’s got a flat tyre and the engine is out then don’t apply till it’s fixed
    It's entirely possible that a gun cabinet or rack can be installed in a home that is being renovated before the renovation is completed. As long as the installation of the firearm security is in an area that is not open to the outside of the property. Seen it many times. It comes down to common sense.

I just renewed FAL
    Took barely 2 months to get from online application to interview and safe shaking stage. Dunno how long for the plastic to arrive.
    charliehorse likes this.

I think first of all you should complete your home renovation then you should apply for your gun licence. If you need a Construction Company that completes your home renovation, I suggest Monarch Constructions & Carpentry company. I hope it will be helpful for you.

over here, over there, either here, or there
    Quote Originally Posted by Amely View Post
    Hello,
    I think so you should first complete your home renovation.if you want to complete your home renovation fastly so you should hire more labour or contact with contractors who do this work well. Recently I completed my home renovation from commercial painter company. You can contact them and get information related to your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by endamarrie View Post
    I think first of all you should complete your home renovation then you should apply for your gun licence. If you need a Construction Company that completes your home renovation, I suggest Monarch Constructions & Carpentry company. I hope it will be helpful for you.
    Seems like a couple of f^kwits here.

And the comment that the "commercial painter" URL was hidden is untrue. It can be clearly seem without opening it, on a PC.

endamarrie is just being a f^king ejit.
    2nd post, joined Jan 2023, spruiking a Sydney enterprise, for OP who indicates that they are in the Sth Waikato region.
    Troll - get back under your bridge.
    Finnwolf likes this.

Be aware if youre renovating and intend to install a gunsafe or suchlike -it is against current NZ building regulations to have anything attached to an exterior wall designated for fire safety purposes -my source of info -our builders. One hopes of course NZ police are aware of this,or am i hoping for too much.Ima multi layer security man -the fatal one is the missus or daughter whispering in your ear -"Is it carnations or lilies on your coffin fuckwit??????'' just like a while ago ..coppers were in our street Investigating a car theif -says big cxopper to me -that your hilux -Id be careful -they steal em for the bumperbars-me best of luck itsa there cause gearbox is fucked!!!!!! hiklux still there loose fingered louie is in the big mens conctrete house something to do with meth I beleive!!

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    Be aware if youre renovating and intend to install a gunsafe or suchlike -it is against current NZ building regulations to have anything attached to an exterior wall designated for fire safety purposes -my source of info -our builders. One hopes of course NZ police are aware of this,or am i hoping for too much.Ima multi layer security man -the fatal one is the missus or daughter whispering in your ear -"Is it carnations or lilies on your coffin fuckwit??????''
    I haven't come across that in the building code yet, I'm not saying your wrong though. Police vetters don't seem to have a problem with it as mine is fixed to an external wall and was only re inspected late last year when they came to inspect the caravan security.