Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree243Likes

Thread: Im lost for words

Sensible comment Dougie.

There are two issues here it seems.
    1 It was necessary to have armed police.
    2 One of the police made an error while carrying out his duties.

The issue is one of human error /carelessness.

But then so are most of the fatalities in hunting, and what are the courts going to the hapless perpetrators of those tragedies.
    EeeBees likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    I think the chip on your shoulder is blinding you to see the world the way you want to, not the way it actually is.
    Im perfectly balanced I have a chip on both shoulders
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Sensible comment Dougie.

But then so are most of the fatalities in hunting, and what are the courts going to the hapless perpetrators of those tragedies.
    Yep the rose tinted glasses come off for those poor buggers
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Goodness me, a rather dramatic start to the morning Cam?
    So you're telling me after having your car stolen AOS stormed your home and put you in a position where they could have accidentally shot you?
    IIRC you were whining about how little Police attention you got after it got nicked.
    Yes 3 armed police and two detectives entered. That was 20 odd years ago so imagine the reaction now.
    As for when my jetski was stolen nobody came to look or question anyone nothing.
    Same when the wifes car was stolen recently....they were only interested when freinds of ours saw it so effectivly you have to find it yourself.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Shit it's almost the weekend boys go hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Sensible comment Dougie.

It's number 2 where I see the biggest problem; sure accidents happen (I know this), I saw somewhere the police don't call accidents "accidents" any more as it's harder to charge them when it's an accident (please don't quote me on this until I can find the information). In my trade I'm not allowed to have an accident / human error or carelessness and if I do someone is going to come down on my like a ton of bricks!
    Sure hunting accidents happen all the time (to often), but when a highly trained AOS (not forgetting the A stands for Armed) has a f#*k up it seems to just be the nature of the beast. The AOS are getting called out for all sorts of shit these days because someone heard fireworks and thought it was gun shots Now I wouldn't like to be the one letting of the fireworks when 10 or so AOS turn up with loaded firearms all with there safety on.
    IMO I think there should be a lot more cops having accidental shootings, would help take some pressure of the prisons (shit did I just say that).
    I have a lot of time for the police and most seem bloody good people but it's the whole system that winds me the wrong way and unfortunately its the cops that cop the shit for it, not the ones higher up the food chain.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post

I thought about it but that's as far as i got.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    I think you'll find, including military, that when firearms are in use they are cleared and emptied after the situation is resolved and is closed. Resolved isn't just having someone handcuffed, it's when they've left the scene.

A situation of having Police unload and show clear to a colleague while people/perps are still being engaged with would create a very unsafe environment, for everyone, especially the public. It would be difficult to protect the public - after all, that's what they're there for with loaded firearms - if the situation escalated and Mr HandCuffed Fucktard or an unseen associate decided to cause more trouble.

There's plenty of body cam videos on YT showing how quickly a benign, quiet scene can escalate to the use of firearms very, very quickly.
    I agree, and honestly I'm not entirely sure I would have liked to see the cop charged, I just wish that something comes from this even if it means more emphasis on checking your safety during training or something that will help avoid this happening again.

I actually thought this whole thread was going to go off topic about here

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Tribe my girl lived and worked with file their teeth down to points. This is because when they win a fight, they rip their opponents nuts off with their teeth, then either hang them from the rafters in their hut, or wear them around their necks.
    Maca49 and Gibo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    To say everything that happens is the result of your actions is retarded in the extream.
    If an 80year old lady is raped and bashed in her own home by a prospect looking to earn his patch is that her fault for getting old and frail?
    No, but how she deals with it is entirely up to her. Bad shit happens to good people every day. It's how they respond to it that defines them. A young fella that used to hang around here taught me that. You might remember him?
    kiwijames, mikee and Gibo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post

Check yours safetys on, and dont let Mucko walk behind you
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    No, but how she deals with it is entirely up to her. Bad shit happens to good people every day. It's how they respond to it that defines them. A young fella that used to hang around here taught me that. You might remember him?
    But thats accepting bad shit will happen to by some ring gear who is acting outside the law, and that is not acceptable! In the work place now it is not acceptable to have bad shit happen to you any more, and if it does the shit of a thousand camels will land on you as the owner/manager of a business and you are likely to lose everything. Now accepting that criminal shit will get you, and in most cases that is intentional shit, shouldnt the pentalty be worse than it is for someone who owns or runs a business? What am I missing? The fact you own/run a business doesnt mean you have more money than a crim? or is that the perception and it is just another way to gather money for the govt. Now the threads way off course
    veitnamcam and mikee like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

'Man's search for meaning' by Frankl will be a good start for all you victims on this thread

Read it before you make assumptions. It's not really what it's about at all.

Maca is aggrieved, a victim and he wants justice. VC is worse, he's afraid of being a victim. It happened to him once and it can happen to you!

Has anyone stopped to ask how this man came to have the armed offenders there? I bet our 'victim' is under no illusions at all as to why they paid him a visit.
    kiwijames and Munsey like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Im perfectly balanced I have a chip on both shoulders
    Noice !