Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Terminator


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 112
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Morrinsville Shooting

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    This may get me crucified but here goes. The speed which frontline police replied with small arms fire proves they are armed at all times, now if suitable training was mandatory as well we might not have this current 3 ring circus. Police firearms training appears to be woefully inadequate.
    I think there might be a difference between being "armed at all times" and having guns locked in a safe in the boot of a squad car.

    The media releases say it was only when the second squad car arrived that police returned fire.
    Settings - My Account - Edit Ignore List - Add a Member to Your List - User Name - Okay.

  2. #17
    Member Maca49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    BOP
    Posts
    14,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    This may get me crucified but here goes. The speed which frontline police replied with small arms fire proves they are armed at all times, now if suitable training was mandatory as well we might not have this current 3 ring circus. Police firearms training appears to be woefully inadequate.
    Marty they might be better with Black Powder arms, give them a smoke screen to hide behind?
    blake, Marty Henry, Tommy and 1 others like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

  3. #18
    Member stug's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oxford, Canterbury
    Posts
    2,818
    I must admit I looked at the grouping of shots on the windscreen and felt he wasn't aiming at the policeman. If he could group that tight he could easily have shot the policeman.

  4. #19
    Member Gapped axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lake Tarawera
    Posts
    3,120
    What if the Police car was 2up, did the shooter know there was only a driver. Kudos to the NZ Police risking their lives in the middle of the night for you, how many of you away from a computer board would do such a thing. It would of taken some skill to shoot a group like that or a fluke, either way he fired at police and the outcome for him may not be so good. Just hope that no more shots get fired at our brave Force or they get injured or worse. Be save and I hope for an good outcome soon, only a matter of time I guess as he will now be a Nigel no friends.
    Tahr, kiwijames, chainsaw and 1 others like this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

  5. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    MacKenzie
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Gapped axe View Post
    What if the Police car was 2up, did the shooter know there was only a driver. Kudos to the NZ Police risking their lives in the middle of the night for you, how many of you away from a computer board would do such a thing. It would of taken some skill to shoot a group like that or a fluke, either way he fired at police and the outcome for him may not be so good. Just hope that no more shots get fired at our brave Force or they get injured or worse. Be save and I hope for an good outcome soon, only a matter of time I guess as he will now be a Nigel no friends.
    +1 Who would want to be a copper,shot at while you sit in a car.Hope the mongrel waves his gun in their direction.Game over,save our taxs looking after the bastard.
    Pengy, chainsaw and chindit like this.

  6. #21
    ebf
    ebf is offline
    little liberal gnome ebf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hutt Valley
    Posts
    4,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Good point though. it looked like good grouping to me.. it was also left side of the police car... so if directed it appears that he wasn't aiming at the driver
    Ah Sidey, already thinking of defence strategies ? Of course a single photo on the internet must mean you know exactly where the shooter stood, the angle at which the bullets entered the windshield and where they eventually ended up, right
    Pengy likes this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby

  7. #22
    Member Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    729
    The shooter may of been aiming at the driver but his shots grouped passenger side, how would any of you know unless you were detailing the crime scene???
    ebf, Pengy and Paddy79 like this.

  8. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    southland
    Posts
    1,330
    just hope no one gets shot except perp .if he gets lucky he will go to court and the judge will say naughty boy have a 12 month holiday on the taxpayers.its about time these sort of people got sentenced decently minimum 5 years for carrying weapon to a crime another 10 for discharge of the weapon no parole and served consecutively .I don't want the police to have to be armed and carrying, good if its available in the vehicle magazine installed only have to operate slide to chamber a round.they get shot at they should be trained to shot to kill no mucking around their lives more important than a crim.but I think the cops need more intensive weapons training to up their marksman skills and possible different array of lethality weapons for different situations especially rural ones.

  9. #24
    Member Boaraxa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Southland
    Posts
    1,323
    Someone told me a while back that the police get 30 rounds each to practice with for the year is that true ? glocks with a 9 pound trigger pull ?, in situations like this they should be able to unleash some serious fire power if they had of used a rocket launcher job done could have been sitting back at the social club drinking a well earned speights on Saturday night

  10. #25
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ, PNG
    Posts
    12,821
    I was secretary for our pistol club for the last year and can only speak on what I have witnessed about police firearms training while in that role.
    I had to invoice them for use of our facilities.
    I was also present on many of their range days but did my best to not get in the way.
    I will say this. The members that use our range spend a lot of time using it and their trainers are top notch. I served with 2 of them in the military.

    They do their best with what they have. Time and money appear to be their largest obstacles.

    It is the bean counters that are responsible for any lack of training imo.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  11. #26
    Member outdoorlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    1,376
    I think you might be surprised at how many senior front line staff are carrying pistols on the job, a lady from work husband is a Sargent & she said he always carrys one now on nights duties. Scumbags hopped up on meth, etc aren't rational folk to deal with.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

  12. #27
    Member Paddy79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Hawkesbay
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Someone told me a while back that the police get 30 rounds each to practice with for the year is that true ? glocks with a 9 pound trigger pull ?, in situations like this they should be able to unleash some serious fire power if they had of used a rocket launcher job done could have been sitting back at the social club drinking a well earned speights on Saturday night
    Surley 30 rounds is not true. Shit I use 100 rounds a week at pistol club

  13. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    southland
    Posts
    1,330
    don't blame them for carrying at night dealing with druggies .I havent shot a pistol but if they are like rifles one size doesn't fit all.i realise that there is a economic point to one common pistol but this is life and death .I am not saying they could get what ever calibre and style they like maybe one calibre but pistols suited to each individual and setup to suit .pistols shooters maybe able to correct me if I'm wrong but I would rather the police be a bit better equipped for more money if it would make a difference especially to speed and accuracy.

  14. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Quakechurch
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Ah Sidey, already thinking of defence strategies ? Of course a single photo on the internet must mean you know exactly where the shooter stood, the angle at which the bullets entered the windshield and where they eventually ended up, right

    Nah... it was purely an observation.. I drew no conclusions. I just object to others drawing them for me.

  15. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Quakechurch
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlad View Post
    I think you might be surprised at how many senior front line staff are carrying pistols on the job, a lady from work husband is a Sargent & she said he always carrys one now on nights duties. Scumbags hopped up on meth, etc aren't rational folk to deal with.
    We were routinely carrying on CIB car duties in the early 80s....

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: WTB Shooting mat
    By mayfly in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-10-2016, 09:42 PM
  2. Anyone shooting a .40 S&W?
    By R93 in forum Reloading and Ballistics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 26-12-2014, 08:15 PM
  3. Hi from Morrinsville!
    By hulio43 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-06-2014, 10:20 PM
  4. Gun bag/shooting mat
    By Dead is better in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 27-03-2013, 04:53 PM
  5. Carbon Fiber stock maker Morrinsville area
    By 260rem in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-05-2012, 07:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!