Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Not getting shot or shooting someone by mistake

Quote Originally Posted by big_foot View Post
    I see this whole blaze situation similair to wearing a seat belt, 9 times out of 10 its guna help you out but on that very odd occaision its the very thing that fucks you up.

I wear a bloody bright orange cap and frankly I couldnt care if the deer cant see it or sees it as a flashing beacon thats not the point. Most of the deer you take in the scrub will not have seen you or will only just have seen you when you pull the trigger. Do you think a deers guna sit there for 5 min while you rustle round in the bushes just because your wearing camo an not burn off because it cant see you?

It doesnt matter if you look like any of these guys-
    Attachment 22378

If they can smell you or hear you they're gone

In my opinion wear what you need to to make sure its you going home to your family not a couple of cops, and to bring the venison with you work on your technique, being quiet, and knowing the animal.
    Great post 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So ..... it has come to this ......

Should of got a blue forum shirt Deer don't wear blue
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Should of got a blue forum shirt Deer don't wear blue
    Because wasps love it.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Wasp have attacked me in camos as well. They are nasty fuckers all round
    VIVA LA HOWA

The news tonight.

A 22-year-old man was shot in the chest by another member of his hunting party today in a remote area of bush near Motu in Bay of Plenty.

A spokesman for the Greenlea Rescue Helicopter said it took the hunting party four hours to send the message for help.

"They got to a place where they bumped in to another person who had an emergency beacon, then one guy carried on to get to a phone,'' he said.

The man was hunting with three other men when the shooting happened this morning.

The Personal Locator Beacon signal was picked up at 1.30pm by the Rescue Coordination Centre NZ, and the Greenlea Rescue Helicopter was deployed from Taupo.

The helicopter winched the man out of the forest and he was flown to Rotorua Hospital where he is now in a critical condition.

Police have launched an investigation in to the incident.

Last few years when I have been walking out (with blaze top on) with part of a deer on my back, I have made human noises such as whistling a tune, humming etc. except when I'm out of breath and talk to myself. Might sound like a nut case but sure as he'll won't be mistaken for a deer
    Dundee and big_foot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sako75 View Post
    Last few years when I have been walking out (with blaze top on) with part of a deer on my back, I have made human noises such as whistling a tune, humming etc. except when I'm out of breath and talk to myself. Might sound like a nut case but sure as he'll won't be mistaken for a deer
    You gotta get a shepherds whistle,the long range shooters won't hear you at 1000 yards
    sako75 likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Probably better to wrap his blaze top around the animal while carrying it out... those light weight blaze vests are good for that.

well said Dundee.
    Your right Gibo. Always carry a spare for that

You can buy a cheapo Hi-vis vest from any two dollar store. Wrapped around the deer it will stand out like dogs balls, specially the green ones
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Wasp have attacked me in camos as well. They are nasty fuckers all round
    This could mean your cammo is not cammo at all. Not to wasps and deer anyway. Washed with fabric brightener perhaps? Fabric brightener has a UV reflective component which wasps and deer alike can see like a beacon. Most household washing powders have this fabric brightener stuff in them. They say to wash hunting clothes in bicarb only.

Rusky nailed it! ''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''
    Dundee and Danny like this.
    ''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  220.6 KB
    Wet day at home and too much time on my hands , am away tomorrow so made this up
    Hunting public land , likely access is through a narrow creek , will place this on a rock below our fly camp . We are a fair way back but you never know who's about .
    Dynastar27 likes this.
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I also liked @Scousers thread in the magazine section as he thought it was his mates roaring at him...what a great way of thinking.

http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...-heaven-13186/

When me and my boy come out of the bush last weekend he was wearing blaze blue and I had a yellow t shirt on we went different ways but i caught up with three hunters on the way out and only saw the glimpse of the orange blaze as they crossed the ridge. My boy was seen by these hunters roaring with a caller from Josh James.Bright clothing will help but the thinking of everything is human is a true measure of a hunters safety.
    Gibo and Danny like this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Yeah guys, to my way of thinking, for safetys sake, always regard every movement as your mate, or another hunter in the bush........'better to lose meat, than a mate'........no one wants a lifetime of regret.......we do this fantastic activity for the enrichment of our souls!!!!!!
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt