Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Police arrest 2 for firearms offences - Feilding

Police arrest 2 for firearms offences - Feilding

https://i.stuff.co.nz/manawatu-standard/news/131190409
    Good work by police! Article text quoted below. (text has changed after I have posted links to articles before)

Two men will appear in court after police found two sawn-off firearms in their car on Thursday morning.

Police stopped a vehicle in Feilding around 11am on Aorangi Rd, which resulted in 31-year-old man and a 36-year-old man being arrested, sergeant Nick Lawton said.

“While making enquiries into the vehicle police identified and recovered two firearms, a sawn-off shotgun, sawn-off rifle, and ammunition,” he said.

Both men have been remanded in custody to appear on charges of unlawful possession of firearms.

“This was a fantastic effort by all involved, and we have been able to remove another couple of weapons off the street and put the offenders before the courts,” Lawton said

“This great result demonstrates police commitment to holding those who create harm in our communities to account.”
    Name:  1675973671231.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  76.9 KB
    Name:  1675973671231 (1).jpg
Views: 738
Size:  53.9 KB
    308, Micky Duck, Finnwolf and 1 others like this.

Someone is missing their x. Bolt by the looks..
    Moa Hunter likes this.

What is it with crims needing to butcher every firearm they find. Fucken morons.
    Sika stag, Tommy and Finnwolf like this.

those two shottie shells have been around for quite some time. look somewhat like and old ranger and field ranger case.....may have been reloaded many times too.
    now be VERY interesting to see where those two guns came from...have they been reported stolen??? where/when and from who.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Looks like a 270. It might not only deafen the victim but also the shooter…. Special person indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    those two shottie shells have been around for quite some time. look somewhat like and old ranger and field ranger case.....may have been reloaded many times too.
    now be VERY interesting to see where those two guns came from...have they been reported stolen??? where/when and from who.
    Yeah was going to say the same thing. Maybe back of the shed find

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Micky Duck likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    And quite surprisingly, there were gang patches in the photo as well. Fuck me dead!
    Blaser and Barry the hunter like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

righto ,lets run a book on the number of discounts these specimens will get at sentencing, so their sentences are minimal. Im pickin at least 3 types.
    stingray, outlander, RV1 and 1 others like this.

Get that bus ticket soaking
    veitnamcam, stingray, 6x47 and 4 others like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    righto ,lets run a book on the number of discounts these specimens will get at sentencing, so their sentences are minimal. Im pickin at least 3 types.
    Dad was absent, uncle was a kiddie fiddler and mum was on meth. Three weeks home D.
    stingray, Happy, Maca49 and 5 others like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Bol Tackshin View Post
    Good work by police! Article text quoted below. (text has changed after I have posted links to articles before)

Two men will appear in court after police found two sawn-off firearms in their car on Thursday morning.

Police stopped a vehicle in Feilding around 11am on Aorangi Rd, which resulted in 31-year-old man and a 36-year-old man being arrested, sergeant Nick Lawton said.

“While making enquiries into the vehicle police identified and recovered two firearms, a sawn-off shotgun, sawn-off rifle, and ammunition,” he said.

Both men have been remanded in custody to appear on charges of unlawful possession of firearms.

“This was a fantastic effort by all involved, and we have been able to remove another couple of weapons off the street and put the offenders before the courts,” Lawton said

“This great result demonstrates police commitment to holding those who create harm in our communities to account.”
    Attachment 217314
    Attachment 217315
    interesting that both are not what one could describe as any sort of quality weapon especially the shotgun - makes a bit of a mockery of gangs access to guns onsold by FAL types as some police claim - rather more likely from thefts - if gangs were using FAL types especially B cat to get weapons one would think you would see some decent auto pistols or revolvers or even an AK type weapon well thats my thoughts
    outlander likes this.

With these types probably no sort of sentence that is available to the Court would be a deterrent.
    At least the guns are off the street.
    Maca49, shift14, 6x47 and 2 others like this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Bol Tackshin View Post

Attachment 217314
    Attachment 217315
    I note a crude stabbing device ( wouldn’t call it a knife!) with duct tape on it on the right of the lower pic, nasty.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

A king cobra was recently sentenced for his part in a gunfight on a suburban street, and for possesion of a 3D printed FGC9 (9mm AR type pistol), and got ......... home detention
    outlander likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Sentencing is a real problem (from my perspective anyway). Just about no punishment would be a deterrent for true antisocial types. And stick them in prison and they get to big-deal with their own ilk which makes it worst not better. Put young offenders in prison and they become under the gang influence 24/7. Home detention for the hardened gang members seems joke. It’s a dilemma.
    Eat Meater likes this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi