Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Police doing a 3 yearly check of my safe for my E Endorsement?

One reason I am against registration is that while I was living in Australia where full firearm registration is mandatory, there were numerous occurrences where within a short period, usually no more than 6 weeks after a firearms owner has been rechecked, generally with a full compliment of firearms, usually over 10 or so, they would be "targeted" and broken into and all guns stolen. And of course this always made the news and why would someone want so many, yada yada.
    The memory banks are struggling to compute if there was ever a connection made between the police firearms licensing dept or not but it was inferred because of the timing and situations. The Australian police force and in particular QLD has a dubious reputation for corruption so it is extremely likely.
    Never usually the single shotgun and rifle but more the guy who has either had some coin and bought quite a few in a short time, or the other chap who has slowly collected them. The small ones always happened I'm sure just wasn't newsworthy in the Australian anti firearm media.
    The other reason of course is that if we get an extremely anti firearm govt and anything goes wrong we will have to deal with the same crap Aussie had with the buy back and because they would know what everyone has, you would have no choice but to hand it in.
    What they don't acknowledge in OZ, is that while they did squash a lot, there was quite a few stashed and sold on the black market. Aussies still have the Ned Kelly attitude thing going on a little like the yanks and did not fully comply.
    Last edited by csmiffy; 18-03-2018 at 11:03 AM.
    10-Ring likes this.