Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Police shoot at car after high-speed rampage across Auckland

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by outlander View Post
    'Shotguns for police use are fucking stupid'. I didn't realize that you were been NZ specific on this. It's a big World out there.
    Well this chase happened in Auckland. So yes, I was being NZ specific. Although shotguns for police are fucking stupid in most places (other than places where you can simply shoot people for no apparent reason. Especially if they're a young black man).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    shotguns have been used in law enforcement since time began.....

..shootem all and let God sort it out.

Beating people over the head with wooden clubs until they loose consciousness or die has been used in law enforcement since time began too.

I'd like to think we have moved on from that in this country.

As to "shootem all and let God sort it out.". Why don't you petition your local MP to get the rules changed to allow police to do that, if that's what you believe?

Let us know how you get on.

really?????? not sure who pissed in your coolaid today but take a chill pill and read things in context FFS.
    if its a choice between a L.E.Os or member of publics life and some lowlife scum sucking crims well to hell with the crim I say. if they want to live outside the law/what society says is correct/acceptable thier right to share air with the rest of us is suspect.
    but Im just a grumpy old man what would I know.
    veitnamcam, 40mm, Cordite and 1 others like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    but Im just a grumpy old man what would I know.
    You are not alone. I too am a grumpy old man fed up with the PC crap that permeates our society today.
    Micky Duck, 40mm and outlander like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    Well this chase happened in Auckland. So yes, I was being NZ specific. Although shotguns for police are fucking stupid in most places (other than places where you can simply shoot people for no apparent reason. Especially if they're a young black man).
    Gotta tell me all about this place where black people get shot for no reason. Are you a Guardian reader Lee?
    outlander likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

This place Its called Merica

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy79 View Post
    This place Its called Merica
    Where you threaten to stab people on the internet? Shut the fuck up

An unenlightened view and one that has been debunked decades ago.
    Tommy, 40mm and Cordite like this.

Banned
    Neighborhood watch is now "Neighborhood support" and I'm certain when I was a kid it was neighborhood watch. Can't have civilians watching things. Practically vigilantism.

I'm watching a kid I know vanish in front of my eyes from P. Awesome young guy. I imagine he will die in a police chase. He was always a speed junkie, but it used to be things with wheels not crystal meth. He told me once "you know what a gateway drug is? Its alcohol, when its 3am and your dead tired and someone says "here, this will get you going". They all start off functional. Some chase the dragon, others are "fine" for years, telling everyone only weak people become junkies. People look at these functional smokers as examples of why "its not as bad as everyone says". Then said functional user loses their job, dog dies, whatever. The chemicals that are happiness in their head go down and instead of going for a run and eating better, their brain says "those chemicals are found in crystal form" and bingo. Junkie time.

Someone mentioned zombies. This is what crack creates. Literal zombies. Shuffling along, flesh hanging off, literally dead walking. Think of every Zombie movie you ever saw. There is always that scene where little Suzie has to shoot her beloved Granny in the face, because Granny is a flesh eating zombie with superhuman strength and nothing in her head but ferverous hunger. Crackhead 101, playing out all over NZ right now. I look at this young guy and I can see he is gone. You know what happens next right?

Maybe no need to torture these kiwi kids who made one dumb mistake, not knowing they would be better off playing Russian roulette with an auto loader.

Now the dealers on the other hand. Think what is actually happening here. Crack and chemical ingredients come into the country, along with automatic weapons etc etc. Slaves and cash go out. You think a young kiwi girl who gets given a plane ticket by her dealer says no? This is an international corporation. This will lay waste to this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Neighborhood watch is now "Neighborhood support" and I'm certain when I was a kid it was neighborhood watch. Can't have civilians watching things. Practically vigilantism.

I'm watching a kid I know vanish in front of my eyes from P. Awesome young guy. I imagine he will die in a police chase. He was always a speed junkie, but it used to be things with wheels not crystal meth. He told me once "you know what a gateway drug is? Its alcohol, when its 3am and your dead tired and someone says "here, this will get you going". They all start off functional. Some chase the dragon, others are "fine" for years, telling everyone only weak people become junkies. People look at these functional smokers as examples of why "its not as bad as everyone says". Then said functional user loses their job, dog dies, whatever. The chemicals that are happiness in their head go down and instead of going for a run and eating better, their brain says "those chemicals are found in crystal form" and bingo. Junkie time.

Someone mentioned zombies. This is what crack creates. Literal zombies. Shuffling along, flesh hanging off, literally dead walking. Think of every Zombie movie you ever saw. There is always that scene where little Suzie has to shoot her beloved Granny in the face, because Granny is a flesh eating zombie with superhuman strength and nothing in her head but ferverous hunger. Crackhead 101, playing out all over NZ right now. I look at this young guy and I can see he is gone. You know what happens next right?

Maybe no need to torture these kiwi kids who made one dumb mistake, not knowing they would be better off playing Russian roulette with an auto loader.

Now the dealers on the other hand. Think what is actually happening here. Crack and chemical ingredients come into the country, along with automatic weapons etc etc. Slaves and cash go out. You think a young kiwi girl who gets given a plane ticket by her dealer says no? This is an international corporation. This will lay waste to this country.
    Gangs, public enemy number one, and all the media does is bleat about inane shit like bullshit gameshows on TV.

This will lay waste to this country
    100%
    veitnamcam, 40mm, Cordite and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Where you threaten to stab people on the internet? Shut the fuck up
    If you have a problem with me? ill gladly give you my address to come to my house and speak to me like that
    systolic likes this.

There’s a reason I don’t read these stupid threads on what the police have or haven’t done... fucked either way.
    Hero’s should just fuck up.
    kiwijames and nzfubz like this.
    Dan M

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy79 View Post
    If you have a problem with me? ill gladly give you my address to come to my house and speak to me like that
    Surprised the police haven't been to visit yet. How the hell you have a firearms license I have no idea, you're a fucking embarrassment. See ya champ

Shit, Iv been missing some quality action..... pop corn on the way, Im gonna go back a few pages and catch up. keep up the good work guys
    Cordite likes this.
    Use enough gun

So why the hell would people be advocating letting 9 or 12 pellets of 00 buckshot go at a time when there is this horrific potential of stray rounds?

Surely any 00 buck pellets that miss their targets are stray rounds too? They can still kill anyone within a few hundred metres. Not as far as a rifle round, but still fucking dangerous. And as I said before, even if the sights are on the centre of the target, beyond about 15 metres you can't guarantee some pellets won't miss and potentially kill someone else.

What happens if the bad guy is 100 metres away with a rifle? How is a cop with a shotgun and 00 buckshot going to have any chance of hitting them?
    If I were a cop, Id want a pistol, a dog, a shotgun and an ar15.
    AND some bloody good/regular training to go with it all.

Use the correct tool for the job if time allows.
    If the cops are not trained and kept up to a decent standard I vote they get wooden battons and mace.
    No guns for amateurs on patrol.
    Use enough gun