Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: POLICY not law changes

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    It's called koha here bro, not a bribe.
    And in Egypt its called Baksheesh....don't care what you call it it's a rot that should never be tolerated, you wait tilll you see the damage it dose
    Beaker, Steve123 and 40mm like this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

I once had a firearms officer tell me that my forend on my under over 12g had to be removed to be stored, I asked why as I can still shoot it with or with out it, He was puzzled and did not know how to respond, needless to say that gun got stored complete

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    It's not a poor theoretical point at all, 1) two safes are harder to remove than one, you also have to find the second one and even know that there is one to go looking for it. An a-cat safe with firearms in it is not very heavy at all. Asserting that the internal safe, bolts and ammo would make it significantly harder to carry and therefore more effective against theft than two safes is ridiculous.

2)You're assuming that all gun safes that are taken are done so only by "determined thieves that have come prepared". This is certainly not the case, most people have all the tools needed sitting in their garage.
    How many safes are stolen? Cutting open would be far easier than removing a bolted down safe.
    mikee and outlander like this.

Gone but not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    How many safes are stolen? Cutting open would be far easier than removing a bolted down safe.
    Many people have their safe in the garage. Easy enough to rip it out real quick and take it somewhere else to cut it open. Depends on the safe and how its attached, obviously harder if it weighs several hundred kilos.

Bus driver
    Sounds as though you’ve got a little experience in this field ay.....
    (Just joking mate)

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    Many people have their safe in the garage. Easy enough to rip it out real quick and take it somewhere else to cut it open. Depends on the safe and how its attached, obviously harder if it weighs several hundred kilos.
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

im about to transfer mine to our new flash residence and god fucking help anyone caught within cooee of it without good reason -i have a wife and daughters who smile like the mona lisa but get on the wrong side of either and the last words youll ever hear is my mocking"i told you so".myself &sons well were like pigdogs with PMT- we are just a smidgeon gentler in the genteel art of interrogation...
    take it as read we know when you turn into our street and we know when you leave .eyeball mk1 still best bloody security out.

im about to transfer mine to our new flash residence and god fucking help anyone caught within cooee of it without good reason -i have a wife and daughters who smile like the mona lisa but get on the wrong side of either and the last words youll ever hear is my mocking"i told you so".myself &sons well were like pigdogs with PMT- we are just a smidgeon gentler in the genteel art of interrogation...
    take it as read we know when you turn into our street and we know when you leave .eyeball mk1 still best bloody security out.
    oh and whilst i think of it -ive got a bloody cracker vettor -cracker cause hes full of commonsense-although his typical opening gambit "when did ya last take the wife out for dinner"still induces a gentle urge to clench me arsehole outta guilt.
    seriuosly keep ya eyes peeled -if someone or something dont sit right around your local area -do something -dont leave it to others -criminals just love those words -not my problem.
    gadgetman, timattalon and Cordite like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    oh and whilst i think of it -ive got a bloody cracker vettor -cracker cause hes full of commonsense-although his typical opening gambit "when did ya last take the wife out for dinner"still induces a gentle urge to clench me arsehole outta guilt.
    seriuosly keep ya eyes peeled -if someone or something dont sit right around your local area -do something -dont leave it to others -criminals just love those words -not my problem.
    And if everyone cares, the criminals become a threatened minority.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Had my annual visit to check B & E category stuff last week. Not even a mention of this. I wouldn't work yourselves into a lather until someone is actually pulled up on how you are thinking they are interpreting this.
    systolic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
    Had my annual visit to check B & E category stuff last week. Not even a mention of this. I wouldn't work yourselves into a lather until someone is actually pulled up on how you are thinking they are interpreting this.
    With the way the Police Party is campaigning at the moment who knows how they are interpreting this or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    The last thing crims want is nosy neighbours. Get to know yours. They could be good people which is good to know. They watch your place and know who is supposed to be there and who is not and you do the same for them. If they are not good peeps, and happen to be hoe dads or scum bags, then at least you will know who to watch......We have my best pair of Binos in the lounge with a view of the area we live in and a decent camera not far away. Only caught a hoon (older fellow with anew dodge truck at christmas wanting to "lay rubber" on someone elses street and an illegal dumper (rubbish) so far but boy did they get an ear chewing from the developer who was selling the sections.....

we moved out to lincoln, all the neighbours at the end of our street keep a watch out for each other, when the guys across the street goes out of town i even do his bins and mail for him so the place looks lived in. i alarmed my house to hell and back and then did one of the neighbours places as well. i acccidentally set it off a couple of weeks ago as i activate a smoke detector and he was around here within 15 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    It's called koha here bro, not a bribe.
    Same shit different place.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

once nailed a dopey set of wannabe car thieves obviously the product of a grubby petri dish.
    2am stinking hot summers morning -toohot to sleep -mummy up and about .cul de sac here -in bowls a scruffy hoon mobile chimp music thumping out ,bare pimply arses hanging out rear windows .who they spy neighbours ute with riding gear in back -make a beeline with screwdriver to unlock it.
    her indoors is instantly onto boys in blue giving a running commentary whilst im watching the other side.
    ypiee its the blue cavalry -rats fucking scatter(bad move nowhere to run)
    up the street an extremely large dog handler with a equally large specimen of very interested german shepherd busting arse to get loose .
    come out or I let it go -aint had a feed today.
    out strolls spotty herbert of screwdriver fame told to sit ,lustily protesting his innocence whilst seated in the gutter outside our place .
    out walks me
    hes the one officer and theres his screwdriver under the rear diff of the truck!
    result 4 dollops of DNA loaded up and moved out leaving the chimpmobile.
    well the next day when spott arses skinny wee bucktoothed sheilas turned up to pick up said chimpmobile ....alas ..alack its godzilla stereo and boomboxes have gone AWOLl -replaced by a sign "car theives arent welcome here -help yourself".
    Oh dear the frantic phonecalls and tantrums when this was discovered -why i colllapsed in mirth nearly drowning in the froth on my beer

word must have got round -aint seen any since .
    us always had good neighbours multiple sets of eyes better than one -set foot on either property and you will be challenged.If youre legit -no worries(99%generally are)but if youre a miscreant or jehovahs witness mormon etc -adios smartish -dont come back.
    If god cant mow my lawns i cant stand and talk!
    timattalon likes this.

mobile chimp music, love it
    timattalon likes this.