Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: The real reason for B/E-cat storage requirements and inspections

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    You may be showing your age. It stuck in my brain (pun intended) from watching a TV crime reconstruction in my early teens. Horrifying. It was actually a fountain pen used. A couple of druggie burglars vs old pensioner. I think one or both of them got a prolonged shock later on, courtesy of Thomas Alva Edison's invention, some interviews with then while on the usual prolonged death row (now THAT is cruelty).

Attachment 103745

I like this one better than some others. Sitting completely upright is uncomfortable.
    The electric chair was not invented by Edison.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    pretty sure it was invented by a dentist

though for the day if your tesla car was stolen would it be an edison ?

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    I think it is funny how, when they do death by lethal injection, they swab the needle site before injecting
    Gives it a caring veneer. All sorts of trouble from manufacturers of this and that drug used, not approving of their meds for lethal injections in humans, and just not worth the crap.

Don't know what is so wrong with carbon monoxide, that's how I'd choose to go, anytime. Problem is, it is not FDA approved drug for use in humans...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Thanks Ryan, yes, wikipedia says:

Alfred P. Southwick
    Alfred P. Southwick. Alfred P. Southwick (1826–1898), was a steam-boat engineer, dentist and inventor from Buffalo, New York. He is credited with inventing the electric chair as a method of legal execution.

Interesting having a steam boat engineer pull your teeth. A very steam punk nightmare.
    Last edited by Cordite; 28-01-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    pretty sure it was invented by a dentist
    I recall from touring the Mob Museum in Vegas (LasVegas not WangaVegas) It was invented by a dentist who was also an engineer, hence, IMO, the position of the electric chair much like a dentist's chair: once they get you in, you can't move until they let you out...
    Cordite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    I think it is funny how, when they do death by lethal injection, they swab the needle site before injecting
    May I suggest that firstly it's a reflex. You need to do a lot of IVs to get and stay good at venous access. You want to make sure you have a routine that you never deviate from. This includes doing the same safe steps every time. Secondly, this is the US of A. Let's say there's a last-minute reprieve, the needle has gone in, the To Keep The Vein Open solution is running, and then some half-wit virtue-signaling snowflake governor grants the condemned scumbag a stay of execution. And a few days later he gets an infection at the IV insertion site. He will sue the cannulist and rip off you the taxpayer all over again.
    Tommy and 40mm like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sightpicture View Post
    May I suggest that firstly it's a reflex. You need to do a lot of IVs to get and stay good at venous access. You want to make sure you have a routine that you never deviate from. This includes doing the same safe steps every time. Secondly, this is the US of A. Let's say there's a last-minute reprieve, the needle has gone in, the To Keep The Vein Open solution is running, and then some half-wit virtue-signaling snowflake governor grants the condemned scumbag a stay of execution. And a few days later he gets an infection at the IV insertion site. He will sue the cannulist and rip off you the taxpayer all over again.
    Oooooh virtue-signalling
    God I love it when people talk economics
    Cordite likes this.