Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: Should movie stars be allowed to outsource personal responsibility?

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    Apparently the armourer had placed 3 guns on a bench outside the set. At least one was loaded live for use for a particular effect in a scene. She may have then left them unattended but that's unclear. An assistant directer came off the set and fetched one back onto the set and gave it to Baldwin with the words "cold gun". Unclear if they started shooting the scene or if Baldwin just gave the trigger a pull while fiddling with it.

1. Ultimately the armourer is at fault for not supervising the selection of the gun, or not tagging it as live or some such.
    2. The Ass Director contributed negligence by not checking the gun, or not checking with the armourer which gun she had prepped for the scene and for giving Baldwin the impression it was "cold" (unloaded).
    3. Baldwin should have checked that he had the correct gun for the scene and not taken the Ass Directors word for it.

At least one, possibly all three of them, will face Involuntary Manslaughter charge I reckon.
    Moa Hunter, Micky Duck and WallyR like this.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnwolf View Post
    Could all stunt guns not be ‘pinned’ across the chamber so that only blanks can inserted - not longer live loads?

Or is that too simplistic?
    That would ruin a whole shit load of fine firearms. Most theatrical armourers have very nice collections.
    Be a total shame to vandalise them for the sake of the stupid.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by ishoot10s View Post
    Apparently the armourer had placed 3 guns on a bench outside the set. At least one was loaded live for use for a particular effect in a scene. She may have then left them unattended but that's unclear. An assistant directer came off the set and fetched one back onto the set and gave it to Baldwin with the words "cold gun". Unclear if they started shooting the scene or if Baldwin just gave the trigger a pull while fiddling with it.

1. Ultimately the armourer is at fault for not supervising the selection of the gun, or not tagging it as live or some such.
    2. The Ass Director contributed negligence by not checking the gun, or not checking with the armourer which gun she had prepped for the scene and for giving Baldwin the impression it was "cold" (unloaded).
    3. Baldwin should have checked that he had the correct gun for the scene and not taken the Ass Directors word for it.

At least one, possibly all three of them, will face Involuntary Manslaughter charge I reckon.
    You are forgetting the dead woman, she was also at fault for not checking the thing.
    I would not let anyone point one at me without checking it myself first, and personally handing it to them.
    Jaco Goosen likes this.
    Use enough gun

I work in the movie/film industry. Have seen enough blanks causing damage let alone live ammunition. That's what post vfx houses are for.... creating a real looking muzzle blast, recoil etc.

Why would you have live rounds on the set ?
    Moa Hunter, Cordite and Finnwolf like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    Exactly what I have been thinking.
    "The generalist hunter and angler is a well-fed mofo" - Steven Rinella

Baldwin has been outspoken enough about firearms- he can get stuffed. My sympathies are with the dead and injured.
    I'd like to verify your clam.

Sometimes live rounds are fired to film impacts etc. but usually on an empty set. Many years ago live rounds were fired just in front or behind actors by marksmen but modern editing and special effects have eliminated that practice!
    Makros and Micky Duck like this.

Latest reports/rumours are that ‘the’ gun, a Colt pistol, was used by crew for target practise during down time and that live and blank ammunition were stored together on set. If thats true its absolute insanity.
    bumblefoot, Moa Hunter and Cordite like this.
    Hit the hills, live the BushLife!

https://bushlifenz.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kopua Cowboy View Post
    Baldwin has been outspoken enough about firearms- he can get stuffed. My sympathies are with the dead and injured.
    yup in the news "baldwin has been public opponent of the NRA" ......translated: anti gun activist..... and here he is trying to make a living off the gun violence of american history....so hopefully we will see baldwin , the assisstant director the armourer all charged but it wont end there expect to see civil lawsuits lodged against them all and the production co and anyone else some high priced lawyer can think of

What I dont understand is why he shot the production crew? I would have expected an actor he was supposed to shoot at in the script that would have been hit.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Possibly a scene of him coming out of a building and shooting towards the "screen".
    Sideshow and Finnwolf like this.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

Quote Originally Posted by Fawls View Post
    What I dont understand is why he shot the production crew? I would have expected an actor he was supposed to shoot at in the script that would have been hit.
    A M E R I C A ?

Its all a little odd to me.. a gunhater starring in a film using firearms, who actually shoots and kills someone on set.
    All I'm waiting for now is, when he turns around and blames the gun.
    Last edited by kidmac42; 25-10-2021 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Fat fingys, pore spelings, dum brane, take ur pik.
    Ya can't park there mate.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    yup in the news "baldwin has been public opponent of the NRA" .
    Duh... NRA... National Rifle Association... everyone knows pistols are safer.