Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

Like Tree797Likes

Thread: TV3 & Guncity mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Police have always got, and have always had, discretion over charging someone or not, which is a good thing.
    That sort of discretion cost Greg Carvell around a million bucks I heard. I wonder where the public good was there?

As for the rest of it, Im very disappointed and know a lot of others that feel the same.
    We know it's bullshit castle doing it, not you guys. It's very unfortunate, I feel for you guys, the shit you have to deal with because of decisions made by the brass (that they know will happen, know that you and not them will have to deal with it, but do it anyway)
    gadgetman and Jexla like this.

The problem with all the examples given is that they are simple examples believed to be black and white.

Whereas in reality, cases are complex with various circumstances, some mitigating. Unfortunately that doesn't suit people's pre-concieved ideas.

That's life.

OK Team,

Here's the guts hot off the press.
    I have been talking to the people at the receiving end of all the TV3 shit and have it on good authority that a Private Prosecution of HER (at least) IS on the way courtesy of the lawyer chap in Auckland (Nic ?? ). I have tried to persuade the owners of GC to add at least another 5 names to the list who were involved either directly ( like Mark Weldon ex-CEO of Mediaworks,who gave the go ahead) and a few others as well who aided & abetted.

Will the guy who supplied his licence details keep his licence????? Watch out for some curly "questions in parliament" from Richard Prosser & co too.
    gadgetman likes this.

I would like to see the firearms licence owners who were clearly involved in this stunt exposed whether actually goes anywhere legally or not to their peers in this process. If they had not of helped out giving correct details to subvent system this would not have passed 1st base.
    Guarantee they will be following this post 100% if not popping the odd comment in.
    We have some great laws in this country that are based on honesty. These are constantly being eroded by a few dickheads that end up with more and more red-tape and arse covering laws.
    veitnamcam, Sasquatch and Steve123 like this.

Get over yourselves people.

Police have decided not to prosecute, a civil action may or may not happen. Whoopee - NOT

The stunt exposed a weakness in the system, and I for one am pleased that the weakness has been stopped.
    FWIW I have purchased since and have had to take the form to a local Firearms Officer who then contacted the seller. Not a big problem.

Get a life folks, go use your firearms for the purposes which you bought them and give your keyboards a rest.
    steven likes this.

The biggest disappointment and would have actually given merit to HDPA was if she had actually been able to demonstrate/investigate that the system was/has been abused by someone with ill intent.

She has created a solution for a problem that never existed?

That's the world we live in now? People come up solutions and then go and find/create problems to validate there efforts ...
    shooternz and jackson21 like this.
    Manufactured Commercial Small Arms 2010 USA Vs. Commercial Small Arms 2010 Imported to NZ
    ... 1,800,000.00 / 8,000.00 = 0.44%

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Dan View Post
    The biggest disappointment and would have actually given merit to HDPA was if she had actually been able to demonstrate/investigate that the system was/has been abused by someone with ill intent.

She has created a solution for a problem that never existed?

That's the world we live in now? People come up solutions and then go and find/create problems to validate there efforts ...
    Great post !

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Get a life folks, go use your firearms for the purposes which you bought them and give your keyboards a rest.
    So you don't believe people have a right to express their opinions, excepting yourself, of course?

id suggest to you with all due respect that your opinion is in the minority and give its laced with sarcasm not overly valued cylops /

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    id suggest to you with all due respect that your opinion is in the minority and give its laced with sarcasm not overly valued cylops /
    In the minority on here maybe, but what about out there where everyone else is?

Quote Originally Posted by jackson21 View Post
    I would like to see the firearms licence owners who were clearly involved in this stunt exposed whether actually goes anywhere legally or not to their peers in this process. If they had not of helped out giving correct details to subvent system this would not have passed 1st base.
    This part in particular to this whole "inside job" this is the part that really irks me the most. Where is our true, lawful & righteous justice system gone? And why hasn't there been no revocation annouced by top official police??

I know the justice system has been wonky for awhile but this is turning in to some next level s#%t!

Corruption or?

We have some great laws in this country that are based on honesty. These are constantly being eroded by a few dickheads that end up with more and more red-tape and arse covering laws.

Not corruption more like manipulation of the system to suit certain people.
    Sasquatch likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    You can only possess a full auto on a C endorsement, and you can never fire it. However, if there's no "sinister intent", well gee whizz you're off scot-free now if you do, the police now don't prosecute that sort of thing. Now THERE'S a loophole eh?
    You've just given me ideas...........

Quote Originally Posted by Jexla View Post
    You need ideas? Just bang it is seclusion!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Jexla View Post
    There's this dude Ted on youtube (kiwi guy), took his C cat Sten out on his boat into international waters for a few mag dumps and put the video on youtube. Got into major shit with his AO, had to say 53 million hail marys to keep his license and endorsements hahaha

Wait, advertising "loopholes" is a bad idea, right?