Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Great experience from Guncity

Great experience from Guncity

Today I had a great experience in Guncity in Auckland.
    When I say great, I actually mean shithouse.

I first went to reloaders like I usually do, had great service, but sadly they didn't have any Hornady training ammo or 53gr Vmax projectiles.
    So I though I'd go check out Serious shooters. Again meet a helpful staff member, who let me play with a No 5 Lee Enfield, but again didn't have the projectiles I wanted.

So what the hell, I'll try Guncity.
    Walk into their brand new shop which is much nicer than their old Auckland one. Where I meet only one staff member who was busy chatting to what I assume is his mate. Now when I say meet, I in fact only saw him, as he didn't say hello or even acknowledge I had walked in. After walking around not finding what I wanted to, I hoped the guy would come say hello, but no talking about possum trapping was better than making a sale.

So I then went and stood behind his mate in hope of getting his attention, which I failed at and only when his mate said "I think this guy wants something", did he attempt to help me. When I say attempt to help me, all he really did was stop talking, yet still not say anything.
    I asked if the only projectiles they had were what I could see, he said yes (still not asking what I wanted). I then asked if they had anymore 17hmr than what was on this one table, which he replied No. At both other stores, they offered me other choices of bullets, and gave me a rough idea when they might get some more in.

Every experience I have had with Guncity so far has been shocking. Next time I go in I might ask if it's a pre requisite to be a wanker to get a job there, or if it's just coincidence all their staff are. I'll also tell them all things I brought from Reloaders and not them, because their staff suck, and even if they were cheaper I still wouldn't buy it.

So if you were the man working at Guncity in Auckland about 1.30 today, you are a ****face ****wit and I hope I can deter as much business from Guncity as possible.

On another note, if anyone has some unwanted .224 53gr Vmax's,I may be interested.

Sorry that your visit to Auckland was soured by such lousy customer service
    Hope driving in our traffic was a much better experience

That will serve you right for goin to auckland!
    madjon_, 199p and mikee like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Have you any idea how many genuine customers, wankers, toss pots, & dip shits go into those shops on a daily basis? He may have still have been trying to evaluate as to which category you fitted into. When this forum first started up there was a rule about not slagging off at gunsmiths on the message boards...I feel the same should be said for retail establishments...what if Gun City should ever want to advertise or sponsor on this forum?...should they, or any other retail outlet be told to fuck off?...I think not.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    Have you any idea how many genuine customers, wankers, toss pots, & dip shits go into those shops on a daily basis? He may have still have been trying to evaluate as to which category you fitted into. When this forum first started up there was a rule about not slagging off at gunsmiths on the message boards...I feel the same should be said for retail establishments...what if Gun City should ever want to advertise or sponsor on this forum?...should they, or any other retail outlet be told to fuck off?...I think not.
    I believe in freedom of speech. Everyones is entitled to his/her opinion. A good salesman will at least greet and acknowledge a customer and be as informitive as possible. Beetroot obviously has had a very poor customer service experience and is entitled to 'vent' his opinion. It is up to the individual who reads the post to determine how they take it on. Personally, I read it as a salesman at Auckland guncity has poor customer service skills. Thats not to say all the staff there are useless and all guncity's are crap..

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
    R93, kiwi39, Ryan and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    I get what you mean, but why can other gun stores give good or even average customer service, yet Guncity on most occasions has people leaving with a bad taste in their mouth.
    I could understand them being a bot standoffish, but flat out not even caring why you were there is another thing. Probably should've mentioned, apart from his mate I was the only other person in the store. I've worked in customer service, and you do deal with twats but it's not hard to at least say hello.

Traffic wasn't too bad actually, no worse than any other city. I don't mind travelling into Auckland but I wouldn't want to live there.

Salesman 101: When someone walks into your business, you greet them.

It's common decency - happens all the time at servos, supermarkets, pubs you know, get asked "how you're going?" etc. It could be this person's (potential customer) first time in the shop - first impressions count.
    Last edited by Ryan; 29-11-2013 at 06:29 PM.
    sako75, Scouser and The Jackel like this.

I don't agree with naming and shaming an establishment on a forum type media, as it is too easy to do so for any number of reasons, which may or may not be genuine. Having said that, bad service is inexcusable in retail outlets, and there must be something seriously wrong with staff recruitment and training for such bad service to occur. I would be pissed off if it happened to me, but I would be even more pissed off if I owned the store!
    Everyone is entitled to their own stupid opinion

Yip I work in retail and drum into everyone the importance of cudtumer service even if they are just a tire kicker or time waister.

One example is one guy who comes in and dosnt look like he has 2 coins to rub together.

So far this year he has brought 7 or so Gothic fairys ranging from $130 - $1300
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

SiB
    All right, I'll bite. What's a gothic fairy?? I'm figuring you're not selling queer vampires. . . .
    Scouser likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    One example is one guy who comes in and dosnt look like he has 2 coins to rub together.
    This exactly! Back in South Africa I had a friend who worked for a BMW dealership as a mechanic. The new E46 M3 had just been released in the country, think it might have been 2002. Anyway, he tells me that a youthful looking guy dressed very casually in torn jeans, t-shirt and jandals walked into the dealership and asked about this car and wanted a test-drive - long story short, they said they needed a 20% deposit to test drive. He said that he'd come back in a couple of hours.

Dismissing him as a dreamer, several hours later to their surprise, he returned. Paid the deposit in cash. Liked the car and paid for that in cash also and drove it away. A classic example if ever there was one of never judging a book by its cover.

Quote Originally Posted by SiB View Post
    All right, I'll bite. What's a gothic fairy?? I'm figuring you're not selling queer vampires. . . .
    I did wonder about this too...

Quote Originally Posted by SiB View Post
    Like these

Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

I m pretty sure I ve heard that BMW + I think Ferrari story many times but any how if you sell stuff and wish to survive make them feel welcome. Feel them out make decisions based on that or you ll regret it guaranteed.

End of the day you will get time wasters but picking them is the problem !
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by Lentil View Post
    I don't agree with naming and shaming an establishment on a forum type media, as it is too easy to do so for any number of reasons, which may or may not be genuine. Having said that, bad service is inexcusable in retail outlets, and there must be something seriously wrong with staff recruitment and training for such bad service to occur. I would be pissed off if it happened to me, but I would be even more pissed off if I owned the store!
    It is very easy, especially as it could've been a one off. I've had a few average experiences from HnF but a few great ones too. But I've had 5 or 6 experiences with Guncity, and every single one has been very poor, if this had been mu first time walking in there I would never step foot in there again. But luckily (or sadly) it's pretty much this service, or lack of that I have come to expect from them.

And compare that to that of Reloaders. When I was younger I'd go in there handle guns I could no way afford, yet they wouldn't mind you doing so. They remember who you are, and I'm sire they new I'd look at the same guns without buying them, but I still brought ammo and accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    I m pretty sure I ve heard that BMW + I think Ferrari story many times
    Admittedly I wasn't there and have heard similar "urban legends" but I've no reason to doubt the validity of his story but I digress...
    Happy likes this.