Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Great experience from Guncity

Poor customer service is unfortunately pretty common in a lot of shops, today I went sandal shopping for a new pair of Keen's which have been awesome for the last 5 years so I knew what I wanted and what size but I wanted brown not blue. I had to show the poor girl in FCO what they actually were before she said no that's all we've got. In Kathmandu two of the sales people were busy so I waited at the counter for the third who was sorting coat hangers, she turned around looked at me and went back to the coat hangers so I just left. The third independent store had brown ones but not my size, I was waiting for them to tell me they could have them in by Tuesday and I would have said ok but no apparently that was all they had in the shop, I gave up in disgust and decided to check the web where I found a pair $40 cheaper with free delivery!

Now if I say so myself I'm not that ugly and was well dressed, I just think the average retail assistant doesn't understand what they're selling or grasp the basics of closing a sale by offering to go the extra mile.

Have to agree with Beetroot on GunShitty. The last 3 times I have been there the service has been very poor. Left waiting for a long time before being served. Very short yes/no answers from them and no idea of when items will be in stock. Two of the young sales reps just chatting about crap.

I blame myself as after the 2nd time of absolute crap service I told myself I wouldn't go back. But I did and got the same ground hog day experience. Guess I deserved it the 3rd time-I just shouldn't have gone back.

Big yes to Reloaders, Serious and SAI. Have always had good help from them.
    Lead delivery technician, Bulk orders welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Littledog View Post
    Have to agree with Beetroot on GunShitty. The last 3 times I have been there the service has been very poor. Left waiting for a long time before being served. Very short yes/no answers from them and no idea of when items will be in stock. Two of the young sales reps just chatting about crap.

I blame myself as after the 2nd time of absolute crap service I told myself I wouldn't go back. But I did and got the same ground hog day experience. Guess I deserved it the 3rd time-I just shouldn't have gone back.

Big yes to Reloaders, Serious and SAI. Have always had good help from them.
    I love shop people that give yes/no answers...better than a lot of waffle...and are honest about not knowing when a product will be in stock.
    More than one poster has mentioned they went to GC after going to the other places and finding they did not have items they wanted...my guess you did the same.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

R93
    One of CHCH's guncity legends (early 90's) whos intials are T.S. was worth a visit just to hear the volcanic mounds of shit that flowed from his mouth. Whether he was taking the piss or not, he was a specimen in the gunsales world, that was unequalled. But if you got past the 1000mph chatter you actually got some customer service.

What is the average age group of the people serving in the Guncity shops now?
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    I love shop people that give yes/no answers...better than a lot of waffle...and are honest about not knowing when a product will be in stock.
    More than one poster has mentioned they went to GC after going to the other places and finding they did not have items they wanted...my guess you did the same.
    Nup you guessed wrong.

Its a bit off putting when you ask for a product comparision and you get a short yes or no. Eg Q, Is product A better than product B and why so? A, Yes!
    I would rather a salesperson knew the product and could describe its virtues rather than short answers with not much detail.
    Lead delivery technician, Bulk orders welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post

What is the average age group of the people serving in the Guncity shops now?
    Most employees I have dealt with at least 30, the gun the other day could've been in his 50s.

All he had to do was this,

"hey mate, how can I help",
    "oh, just wondering if you have any 53gr Vmax's for my 223",
    "na sorry, we are all out, Hornady has been a bit slack with getting product out, I can sell you some 50 or 55gr vmax's though"
    "no thanks buddy, really after the 53s. Do you know when they will be in stock?"
    "I reckon about mid december but could be later".
    "thanks mate, have a good day".

Funnily enough that is more or less exactly what I got from Serious shooters, where the guy working was also talking with a mate. But was helpful enough to even go look for me, then after he had helped continued his conversation.

My only opinion would be to suggest you buy a box of tissues, Tell them they're useless to their face instead of wining about them on here and if its that bad just don't shop there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    My only opinion would be to suggest you buy a box of tissues, Tell them they're useless to their face instead of wining about them on here and if its that bad just don't shop there.
    I don't mind when people offer advice on here about which shops are more or less likely to give good service - its useful information for potential customers.
    Toby likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    I don't mind when people offer advice on here about which shops are more or less likely to give good service - its useful information for potential customers.
    Yup, its called feedback. Saying there shops shit is no different to saying a norinco is shit. If a shops shit you'd have no worries telling your mate at work they were crap and same goes for here
    VIVA LA HOWA

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Yup, its called feedback. Saying there shops shit is no different to saying a norinco is shit. If a shops shit you'd have no worries telling your mate at work they were crap and same goes for here
    True but not enough guys on here would have the spine to go directly to the shop to voice there concerns

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    True but not enough guys on here would have the spine to go directly to the shop to voice there concerns

Yeah thats true
    VIVA LA HOWA

Who would they tell it to?
    If they won't serve you when you want to give them money will be less likely to serve you for a wind up!
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

they might get the idea once the customer base drops off!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Who would they tell it to?
    If they won't serve you when you want to give them money will be less likely to serve you for a wind up!
    Its an individual thing ,me personaly I'd just be direct And loud until I got there attention then take it from there.Don't see the point winging on here

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    Its an individual thing ,me personaly I'd just be direct And loud until I got there attention then take it from there.Don't see the point winging on here

So would I probably.
    But i don't see it as wingeing on here. I see it as valuable information as to where i will or will not spend my hard earned pennys.
    mikee, Toby and 308 like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.