Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Great experience from Guncity

OK

This is a true story .
    I actually knew the guy , so this isn't a mate of a mates uncles brother story .

Old guy goes into a Mercedes dealer , he's about 70 years old , bad fitting suit , trousers so short you can see he has odd socks on , yesterdays dinner is still on the lapel of his jacket .
    Says he wants to buy a convertible , but wants it in a different colour than what's on the floor .
    Young salesman humours him and pretends to be interested in his inquiry .
    Tells the old guy that it will be a couple of weeks before they can get it in .
    No worries , old guy offers to give details but young guy is a smartarse .
    Two weeks later old guy walks into showroom .
    Manager sees him coming and can't get out to greet him fast enough .
    Manager knows him because he has sold him numerous cars in the past .
    Old guy asks to see his new car.
    Blank stare from manager .
    Old guy ends up telling manager to get his shit organised .
    Never buys another car from them again .
    Old guy is the wealthiest person I've ever known personally .
    Before he died he sold his cattle properties ( 5 of them totalling 7000 sq km ) because the kids weren't interested in them .

What do they say about " Books and covers "
    P38, tui_man2 and mikee like this.
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

R93
    The only place resembling a gunstore I have set foot in, in at least 20yrs, is Hamills in CHCH. That is only because a good mate I trust and who genuinely looks after me really well, owns it.
    Now I believe it is a humping and fucking franchise
    If you are reading this bro, my wife will be in on the weekend to buy a flyrod n reel for my boys xmas. She got angry with me because I said I know bugger all about flyfishing gear. You're up

Last time I ever was in a guncity I was watching a fella mount a scope backwards. My cobber who couldnt help himself asked the fella if he has mounted a few scopes in his time. The bloke regailed us in his scope mounting prowess until my mate just had to point out that things would look really small thru the one he was fucking up.
    Mac, Ryan and Scouser like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    Like these

A dude bought those?
    R93, Toby and Scouser like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    Have you any idea how many genuine customers, wankers, toss pots, & dip shits go into those shops on a daily basis? He may have still have been trying to evaluate as to which category you fitted into. When this forum first started up there was a rule about not slagging off at gunsmiths on the message boards...I feel the same should be said for retail establishments...what if Gun City should ever want to advertise or sponsor on this forum?...should they, or any other retail outlet be told to fuck off?...I think not.
    Trying to evaluate which category you fitted into. Without speaking to someone. Please, how do you evaluate a stranger by ignoring them?
    ebf and Beetroot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    A dude bought those?

Yip his wife who is unwell and who can no longer make the trip loves them
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    The only place resembling a gunstore I have set foot in, in at least 20yrs, is Hamills in CHCH. That is only because a good mate I trust and who genuinely looks after me really well, owns it.
    Now I believe it is a humping and fucking franchise
    If you are reading this bro, my wife will be in on the weekend to buy a flyrod n reel for my boys xmas. She got angry with me because I said I know bugger all about flyfishing gear. You're up

Last time I ever was in a guncity I was watching a fella mount a scope backwards. My cobber who couldnt help himself asked the fella if he has mounted a few scopes in his time. The bloke regailed us in his scope mounting prowess until my mate just had to point out that things would look really small thru the one he was fucking up.
    Humping and Fucking aye! !!!.hunters hate being tared with shit but yet freely tar every other cunt in the world it seam's.guys go out and shoot deer from a chopper.....my veiw is they have bills to pay just like me Me. like hunting shops they are in it to provide a service and make some money just like the bank!!!.what do you do if your bank is ripping you off?you fuck off to another bank
    My two cents

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0100 using Tapatalk 2

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    OK

This is a true story .
    I actually knew the guy , so this isn't a mate of a mates uncles brother story .

Old guy goes into a Mercedes dealer , he's about 70 years old , bad fitting suit , trousers so short you can see he has odd socks on , yesterdays dinner is still on the lapel of his jacket .
    Says he wants to buy a convertible , but wants it in a different colour than what's on the floor .
    Young salesman humours him and pretends to be interested in his inquiry .
    Tells the old guy that it will be a couple of weeks before they can get it in .
    No worries , old guy offers to give details but young guy is a smartarse .
    Two weeks later old guy walks into showroom .
    Manager sees him coming and can't get out to greet him fast enough .
    Manager knows him because he has sold him numerous cars in the past .
    Old guy asks to see his new car.
    Blank stare from manager .
    Old guy ends up telling manager to get his shit organised .
    Never buys another car from them again .
    Old guy is the wealthiest person I've ever known personally .
    Before he died he sold his cattle properties ( 5 of them totalling 7000 sq km ) because the kids weren't interested in them .

What do they say about " Books and covers "
    My old man has a friend who buys his clothes from the warehouse and drives a 1970's 2L GT Cortina.

He's a down to earth hard working man that looks just like every other hard working old bugger just getting by, never throws anything away because it may come in handy type.

And people who don't know him treat him just like this young salesman.

However he is a multi millionaire both in terms of cash and assets.

He just never flaunts it.

Cheers
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken View Post
    Trying to evaluate which category you fitted into. Without speaking to someone. Please, how do you evaluate a stranger by ignoring them?
    I suppose you do realize that those retail peeps sit around after work sipping corona's and going over the days cctv footage and saying things like "look at this beat-an-egg bloke coming in now, been in five or six times before, no one has ever served him so next time could someone make an effort"..."yeah, my mate over at reloaders says he's been going there for years, just likes to play with the guns. Seems harmless enough"..."he's some country hick from the Ykato, just wish he would stop wearing full camo when he comes to the Big A"
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Don't be hating on the camo wearers! give me my camos over jeans any day
    Dougie likes this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Don't be hating on the camo wearers! give me my camos over jeans any day
    I went to the Sika Show and stuck out like dog's balls, I was one of about ten who wasn't camo'd up...some even had gaiters on...none I seen had face paint on...I suppose that is something to be grateful for.
    veitnamcam, ebf and Scouser like this.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

I went to the Sika Show and stuck out like dog's balls, I was one of about ten who wasn't camo'd up...some even had gaiters on...none I seen had face paint on...I suppose that is something to be grateful for.
    The best I've seen is at the Motocross des Nations in Winchester there were heaps of people wearing MX boots and pants, just to spectate! They have to be the most uncomfortable footwear there is. Did they think James Stewart was going to ask them to take over cause they obviously have the gear? It was a 2K hike or so from the carpark to the track.

Mind you, I probably looked like a wanker to them in my Line 7 jacket, stubbies and gumboots (wellies).

Wow that's way off topic.
    308 likes this.

So Toby didn't go then?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveh054 View Post
    So Toby didn't go then?
    Who needs face camo with freckles
    Scouser likes this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Ejected
    I did the same thing the other day, reloaders then serious shooters than had to try and settle for GC. Got a little put off with the Lamborghini sitting out the front.
    As soon as I went in was greated by a young girl there, ask who about some gear but she didn't really know what I was asking so went and found out for me. Well I was waiting and wondering around the shop had another guy who was obviously on his way past to do something stop and ask if I needed a hand with anything, tried to help me out but they had no stock so couldn't. Girl then came back with answers to my questions.

Long story short, had good service but didn't buy anything as no one had stock. Guess it depends what way the wind is blowing?

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    Humping and Fucking aye! !!!.hunters hate being tared with shit but yet freely tar every other cunt in the world it seam's.guys go out and shoot deer from a chopper.....my veiw is they have bills to pay just like me Me. like hunting shops they are in it to provide a service and make some money just like the bank!!!.what do you do if your bank is ripping you off?you fuck off to another bank
    My two cents

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0100 using Tapatalk 2
    What are you getting twisted about? Its a funny name that actually suits imo, that I use to describe the franchise. My cobber doesn't get upset when I point out he owns a Humping and Fucking store. Although he probably stings me extra for the cheek I give him, in the tons stuff I buy off him.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.