Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: When will trade me sellers learn

I was under the impression you could reload commercially if you had a dealers license?

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    I'm trying to find his card and reloading data sheet he supplies , to see the wording of the" certified" reloader. He has had my rifle ,this is a repeat prescription so to speak .
    When you collect your perscription can you ask where and how he was certified please??? Or if it is just under a gunsmithing thing. I have those credentials and if so I may be covered.
    Last edited by R93; 25-09-2012 at 07:30 PM.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken View Post
    I was under the impression you could reload commercially if you had a dealers license?
    Thats worth investigating.

Edit: Had a mans browse thru the act and could see nothing referring to dealers and reloading?
    Last edited by R93; 25-09-2012 at 07:45 PM.

I beleive that if you dont follow or apply the arms code, they figure that you are not really fit and proper to have a licence as you dont follow general safety guidelines, the Police would probably look to revoke the firearms licence.

Its like storing ammunition, there is no specific offence relating to the security of the ammunition, but if you dont store it properly and safely, the Police will look to revoke the licence. I have seen it done to a couple of people.

I believe the manufacture of ammunition will be covered by the Hazardous Substances and New Organisms Act 1996 (and associated ammendements in 2001, 2005, etc).
    Arms Act and Arms Regulations do not cover the manufacture of ammunition, only the sale to licence holders or unlicenced people.
    Last edited by Barefoot; 25-09-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Rushy
    I think the full quote deserves airing when it comes to reloading
    "Rules are for the obedience of the inexperienced and the guidance of wise men." - Douglas Bader.
    Chris likes this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    I believe the manufacture of ammunition will be covered by the Hazardous Substances and New Organisms Act 1996 (and associated ammendements in 2001, 2005, etc).
    Arms Act and Arms Regulations do not cover the manufacture of ammunition, only the sale to licence holders or unlicenced people.
    Got any confirmation on that BF? It would be good to find out how to become compliant, especially with all the butter wouldnt melt in their mouth types that are quick to point the finger around here
    Dougie likes this.

No confirmation but I imagine an email to the EPA would get a yes or no. Ammo is considered hazard category 1.4S, safety ammunition.

R93
    Cool thanks BT

I know a guy that said he's getting licensed I'll ask what he means by licensed and what's involved etc

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by horihunter View Post
    I know a guy that said he's getting licensed I'll ask what he means by licensed and what's involved etc
    Awesome, thanks HH that will be easier than my blindly fishing thru the web.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    NOONE can or will tell you what you need they keep referring you to someone else.
    The old arms code used to say you needed a 'special licence' to sell reloaded ammo - however the Police had no idea of this 'special licence'

What I DO know, that you need a dealers licence to manufacture ammo (which is different from reloading - as the components are new)
    You also have to comply with EPA, council zoning etc
    This is where it gets messy, as depending on what and how much of what you have, certified approved handler licence, hazardous substance location and site test certificate, resource consent etc

We're now sorted for manufacture

R93
    So reloading some cartridges for a few mates will not justify getting all that or do you have to have a handler licence?

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    So reloading some cartridges for a few mates will not justify getting all that or do you have to have a handler licence?
    I spose 'technically' you should, however......

R93
    I will get something in writing from the police to cover my ass anyway. I have queried it with them and in several different areas and get the same answer. They dont know and cant see a problem unless it is a large commercial operation.