Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Who was the retard who didn’t check in his gun properly?

Hope he sues The airline, if it was an employer at fault he’d get 50k!
    chainsaw and Steve123 like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Fukn idiot, it's like a guy I seen in H&F that brought his rifle in to be looked at, the rifle still had the bolt in it, hands it to the staff member, staff member opens the bolt and it ejects a live round ffs. How the fuck do these people get a FAL in the first place? Fuk they make my brain hurt.
    Fucking unbelievable. I learned my lessons when I got my first air rifle at age 10.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerman View Post
    That fucktard in Hunting and bitching should have had his rifle bent around a tree.
    As for the guy at the airport, maybe some Dorklander off for the roar ?
    Oi! I reluctantly live in Dorkland, however will be outta here and down south as soon as I quit working. Understand tho'.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdeee View Post
    Probably just avsec enjoying their power and have been watching too much TV.

Oh.no. a person had a rifle in their checked luggage. Bad person!
    Ya can't park there mate.

haha to put some of my cards on the table, I'm an ex Dorklander myself
    Turns out it looks like the airline being a bunch of twats. As if the baggage guys didn't know it was a rifle. Sounds like the airline wanting to get into some sympathetic noises by being overly "cautious" You might remember Air New Zealand tried to gouge people going to ChCh after the incident. Put their prices through the roof since they knew loads of people all wanted to get to Christchurch. No doubt they are trying to regain a bit of public support since they have shown themselves to be dirty money grubbing bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by nightowl52 View Post
    Oi! I reluctantly live in Dorkland, however will be outta here and down south as soon as I quit working. Understand tho'.
    Last edited by rugerman; 28-03-2019 at 08:00 PM.
    Ernie and Frodo like this.

Some of you people should read the article properly.The firearm was being transported legally as checked baggage, just as you're meant to.

I had a cop bring his .308 Norma Magnum into the shop for a trigger job. You guessed it! Fully loaded mag and one up the spout, safety off! He hadn't used for a few weeks before he brought it in. Needless to say, I gave him a good reaming over it.

Gone but not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by woods223 View Post
    Some of you people should read the article properly.The firearm was being transported legally as checked baggage, just as you're meant to.
    @woods223 The original article was about someone trying to board the plane with a rifle as a carry-on.
    It was bullshit, and the article has since been totally rewritten.

@Cigar. I was referring to the linked article in the first post of this thread but no matter.
    Edited as put wrong name by mistake first time
    Last edited by woods223; 28-03-2019 at 09:33 PM. Reason: put wrong name

Shows how the media can hype things up alright. Both those incidents with loaded rifles are unbelievable, it's a wonder their aren't more people killed or injured when this sort of thing goes on. Certainly a case for instant loss of FOL.
    Dublin likes this.

Gone but not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by woods223 View Post
    @Cordite. I was referring to the linked article in the first post of this thread but no matter.
    That article has been rewritten. Same link, but different article to what was there earlier.

Yep to confirm my original link - the Herald clearly indicated that the guy tried to bring it on as carry-on and was given his marching orders. Turns out he possibly just didn’t let them know in advance that he was checking it in.

Bus driver
    Quote..Flight NZ547 had been due to depart at 2pm when the pilot announced that passengers had tried to bring a rifle on to the plane, but failed to follow correct check-in procedure, a passenger on the plane said.

Firstly.....why is the “pilot”announcing this to the passengers....if indeed that is even true,WTF!!!!.....That information is supposed to be “a need to know”.....why would you even contemplate announcing something like that,....how f@$king stupid..
    veitnamcam, Pengy, shift14 and 2 others like this.
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    That article has been rewritten. Same link, but different article to what was there earlier.
    Thats why the media like the E version. They cannot be sued for what they print when they get it wrong because they can change ot to say they were right. It also means they can print the story (fake or not) then worry about fact checking later after the damage is done....

In a proper newspaper they used to have an editor and fact check system because once printed they could be done for defamation if they were wrong. This appears to no longer be the case...