Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Who was the retard who didn’t check in his gun properly?

If I was a Pilot...everynow and then I would "forget"to turn off the PA system and mistakenly give the passengers a running commentary of the Aircrafts faults:

"Phew,never thought we'd make it off the runway in this old girl"
    "Two wheels down is probably enough to land it"
    "Hope we get to Wellingtonn on that leaky wing tank,just keep an eye on the engine incase it catches fire again.Did they fix it?"
    "How many joints to you think I can roll before I have to touch the joystick"
    Boaraxa, A330driver and rewa like this.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post

In a proper newspaper they used to have an editor and fact check system because once printed they could be done for defamation if they were wrong.
    along with spell checking and grammar checking ......... most of the articles in the modern media appear to be written by poorly educated teenagers at best
    Steve123, rewa and Mr Browning like this.

What is not clear is if the firearm was in a locked case and the passenger had notified the airline at check in per avsec regs.
    If the firearm was in the passenger's suitcase and they were hoping to avoid the extra bag fee then he is indeed a dork of the highest order. Maybe, just maybe he was trying to fly under the radar because of the highlighted sensitivity atm. Perhaps is was just a poorly thought through action.

I suspect that if the passenger had followed the rules and used a gun case and checked it in, none of this would have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Fukn idiot, it's like a guy I seen in H&F that brought his rifle in to be looked at, the rifle still had the bolt in it, hands it to the staff member, staff member opens the bolt and it ejects a live round ffs. How the fuck do these people get a FAL in the first place? Fuk they make my brain hurt.
    Last year I was in H+F and looked up to see the shaft from a speargun soar across the cheap Chinese clothing section and skid down the carpet right next to me.

Cool.
    Bet that raised an eyebrow or two.

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteSam View Post
    Last year I was in H+F and looked up to see the shaft from a speargun soar across the cheap Chinese clothing section and skid down the carpet right next to me.
    Had a lovely beretta semi brought in within the last month, which had a cartridge in the magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdeee View Post
    Yep to confirm my original link - the Herald clearly indicated that the guy tried to bring it on as carry-on and was given his marching orders. Turns out he possibly just didn’t let them know in advance that he was checking it in.
    Apologies mate if I had read the same in the original link I would have probably posted the same.We need to call out the idiots that will damage our reputation as responsible licence holders.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    Thats why the media like the E version. They cannot be sued for what they print when they get it wrong because they can change ot to say they were right. It also means they can print the story (fake or not) then worry about fact checking later after the damage is done....

In a proper newspaper they used to have an editor and fact check system because once printed they could be done for defamation if they were wrong. This appears to no longer be the case...
    Aye so right there is a law that does need amending, the media should be accountable and liable for untruthful, inaccurate or misleading publications. They should have their arses sued, and their license to publish removed
    timattalon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Fukn idiot, it's like a guy I seen in H&F that brought his rifle in to be looked at, the rifle still had the bolt in it, hands it to the staff member, staff member opens the bolt and it ejects a live round ffs. How the fuck do these people get a FAL in the first place? Fuk they make my brain hurt.
    H&F should of got his details, asked him to leave the store then called the police and reported it to them. It should be an immediate loss of licence, no questions!

Retard?

Did you not read the article....at all?

It says the airline had a "knee jerk" reaction due to the Christchurch incident but the CAA said everything was done properly after looking into the pilots concerns.
    timattalon likes this.

@XSNRGY the link now takes you to a very different article than it first appeared. When first published the article claimed the passenger tried to bring the firearm on to the plane in carry on luggage.
    The Herald has since changed the article to better reflect what actually happened.

Bus driver
    Obviously fresh out of pilot school

QUOTE...The pilot said "given the situation in Christchurch we are obviously taking no chances".

The pilot's earlier announcement had been met with audible shock and disapproval by other passengers
    shift14 likes this.
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by A330driver View Post
    Obviously fresh out of pilot school

QUOTE...The pilot said "given the situation in Christchurch we are obviously taking no chances".

The pilot's earlier announcement had been met with audible shock and disapproval by other passengers
    They’re never so candid over the PA when one or other of them has slept in....that’ll be “operational requirements “...

B

Mate that is just typical of the media eh.

He was carrying the firearm lawfully and had checked it in properly. It was just an over excited AvSec member. The owner of the firearm had actually done everything correctly, don't be harsh on him as it happen just after 15/3.