Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Quackers
  • 1 Post By m101a1
  • 1 Post By gundoc
  • 2 Post By hunter Al.7mm08

Thread: Akkar extractor replacement

Akkar extractor replacement

Hi team. A mate has asked me to have a look at his Akkar ts870. The extractor has broken. He has sourced a new one but can't figure out how to fit it. From what I can see the pin that holds it in place is press fitted with a square punch, to munt the round hole so the pin won't fall out?. I'm thinking drill the hole out till the pin can slide out. Then epoxy/jb Weld the hole to hold the pin in place after replacing extractor. Anybody have any experience with these guns. Any advice appreciated.
    Cheers

Sent from my SM-G525F using Tapatalk

Does it look like it could come out without deformity the square pin end
    Could you put the tip of a set of side cutters on round pin and leverage out .
    hunter Al.7mm08 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackers View Post
    Does it look like it could come out without deformity the square pin end
    Could you put the tip of a set of side cutters on round pin and leverage out .
    I don't think I could get the leverage. There isn't a lot of room around the pin. Basically the squared off metal has been pushed down on top of the pin and is acting like a sirclip, holding the pin in place.

grip pin with sidecutters on bottom end then tap jaws on side with small hammer , might take a few goes to punch through peened side thats how I remove some car ignition barrels , just be patient .
    hunter Al.7mm08 likes this.

There are two ways. One is to make small hollow cutter to remove the square peening then try and then pry the pin along with a sharp screw driver. The other way is to very carefully locate and drill a small hole through the blind side of the bolt and punch the pin through. It is totally ridiculous system that could have only been dreamed up on a CAD program by a' design engineer' with no thought for future maintenance.
    csmiffy likes this.

It is totally ridiculous system that could have only been dreamed up on a CAD program by a' design engineer' with no thought for future maintenance. @gundoc I totally agree. It's like it was designed to never be disassembled. There is a small hole on the blind side of the pin but I was reluctant to try hitting such a small punch with enough force to push the pin past the penning. Looks like that may be the best option though
    Thanks for the help guys.

Quick update for anyone interested. Couldn't get hold of the pin with side cutters, just no room. Tried driving the pin out from the back as @gundoc suggested. Ended up bending the punch. Resorted to plan A and drilled the squared hole out. Pin was easily driven out and replacement extractor fitted. Have 3/4 filled the hole with epoxy so can easily be drilled out again if required. Will wait overnight for it to set and test fire tomorrow.

m101a1 and schwen like this.