Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Glencuan

Falconstoop are your dog's of similar bloodstock as Geralds?

Robyn is like the devil on this forum, let's see if I can summon her minus the tarot cards and ouija boards... @redhot where are you?
    Ruff likes this.

Just say "Kilsheelan" three times.
    It is difficult to win an argument with an intelligent person! It is near impossible with a stupid person!
    Rebelwood Gundog Training

James Fraser is by Christchurch. He has four or five English Setters including a UK import Stanedge Evie (Stanedge Cherokee x FT CH Lefanta Kassy of Stanedge). Not a dog Trialing man but far more interesting https://www.allteams.co.nz/upload/us...nservation.pdf

I have one dog with the same grandsire as Gerald,s dogs.

I would know this breeding which is really Johnny Geogehan's Lefanta line which is also the basis of Gerald Devine's stuff although Gerald has a new line from Scandanaviay:- Heegards from Denmark and Sletthallen from Norway. His recent winners are bred from a dog named Heegards Kody.

Brilliant article. Thanks. I actually encountered a wild kiwi near Greymouth in 2001. Felt very privileged.

@Ruff What pointers does Bob have, Didnt think he had any left.

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth uplander View Post
    @Ruff What pointers does Bob have, Didnt think he had any left.
    Yep, he still has one though not doing much with it. He did bury three older dogs last year, he is, now, I believe sticking with cockers but would be as knowledgeable a contact as anyone for any sort of gundog in NZ.
    It is difficult to win an argument with an intelligent person! It is near impossible with a stupid person!
    Rebelwood Gundog Training

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
    Yep, he still has one though not doing much with it. He did bury three older dogs last year, he is, now, I believe sticking with cockers but would be as knowledgeable a contact as anyone for any sort of gundog in NZ.
    Have to agree with that

RE: Trip to NZ.

Guys my brother suggests I ditch the cruise and just fly out to NZ in January 2017 and stay until mid February 17. Am I still too early for the trials?

The first trials usually happen just before the shooting season. It's a little early to give exact dates for 2017 but usually late March / April is a safe bet for our P&S trials. After the season there is a few also, in September / October.

You may be able to catch some pigeon trials during February, this year Cantenbury are hosting some down in the South island on the 20/21st weekend. I think there might be some Novice trials up North. The downside is - they are on pigeons but still a good watch. You want to see the Game trials, the problem will be that there is not much seeing to be seen in the dense cover. I am hoping the P&S Easter Trials are held in the Far North this year, tho with uncertainty of the bird numbers I suspect they'll be down in the BOP again, which is completely fine too. All good fun.