Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Barking Complaint

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Wife just had a message from dog ranger to ring them back as soon as she could even if after hours as there was another complaint.
    She did as soon as she got home and got abused by different ranger that rang for ringing after hours.

Told her we are not responsible to have a dog as he is just a pup and we leave him alone all day.
    People have a right to complain. Yada Yada.

Wouldn't let her get a word in edgeways and threatened all kinds of things if we don't sort it out.

She's freaking out and kids are upset so she has decided to take time off work till I get home.

Fair to say I am past boiling over right now.

I will be paying that particular dog ranger a visit when I get home.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Id start to recording those types of phone calls! You cant have one say one thing and then have the other do another.
    Bugger that
    Id also tell her to video if they come knocking.
    Hope you sort it soon
    I and a whole load of people leve there dogs at home all day. How about they provide some soultions instead of this NAZI shit.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Wife just had a message from dog ranger to ring them back as soon as she could even if after hours as there was another complaint.
    She did as soon as she got home and got abused by different ranger that rang for ringing after hours.

Told her we are not responsible to have a dog as he is just a pup and we leave him alone all day.
    People have a right to complain. Yada Yada.

Wouldn't let her get a word in edgeways and threatened all kinds of things if we don't sort it out.

She's freaking out and kids are upset so she has decided to take time off work till I get home.

Fair to say I am past boiling over right now.

I will be paying that particular dog ranger a visit when I get home.

[I] could at a pinch entice GSPfollower over to hoki to pay said arsehole a visit but in all probability wed need you and me and a Hughes500 with monsoon bucket to spread this pile of pompous local horseshit over the southern alps GSPf when aroused is like his old gsp x rotty goosedog-ugly as fucking sin and twice as unpredictable.The fact him and A330 are both dyed in the wool wellington supporters vs yours &my refined champion tastes plus him the rotund wee one using a bloody 20g remingtonP/a shotty to down shit from swans to quail only makes him all the more evil. loves his dogs does the squire but fuck me pompous local authority types its my fuckin way or the highway
    Sideshow and A330driver like this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Id start to recording those types of phone calls! You cant have one say one thing and then have the other do another.
    Bugger that
    Id also tell her to video if they come knocking.
    Hope you sort it soon
    I am home in just over a week. I will work on the dog and sort it.
    I built the kennel myself. It is insulated with 50mm poly all around including the floor and roof. Doesn't have a flap to darken it, so will get that done and see if it makes a difference.

Yeah if he spoke to me like that he would have had got a sharpen up. I hate people that think they can say and do what they want because they have a position of authority.

I will still be having a word with the prick when I get home.

Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Himm whats on the other side of that fence?
    Might pay to put up some sheets to stop him seeing out?
    I much prefer kennels than the chain.
    Our maybe move its postion?
    Yes her getting calls that are of no help while your away is not really on!
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

I've had same issues with my one I've got now . Similar experience with a arse hole Ranger too. I just refused to deal with him as was getting nowhere . We found a Ranger who was open to dialog and saved his name/number . Found I'd you agree to follow there advice (even though it's mostly unhelpful they can't do much more ) can't fine you if you comply even if dogs not . My dog normally only gives us grief when I'm away . Obvious things like moving his kennel away from footpath pedestrian noises and vision . Tried bark collar , which our council loan out . Worked for a bit . But a Young dog I'd avoid it . A common thing coming up is complainant not getting facts right . My case dog barked all week , that's funny he's been away duck shooting for 5 of them .
    The council will come up with the only "fix all solution" get him Fixed ! . Mine got his removed , quieter now but not always . Hope you get a solution it's a frustrating thing as its hard to correct something that only happens when you away .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Bus driver
    You need to have one of these...I can borrow you mine mate!!!

Name:  IMG_0184.JPG
Views: 237
Size:  154.4 KB
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by A330driver View Post
    You need to have one of these...I can borrow you mine mate!!!

Attachment 76194
    Ha Ha not a bad idea. I have my ways.
    My worry is while I am not home.
    The person that is complaining is also a suspect in throwing glass and nails all over the vacant area behind our place.

If they're gutless enough to do that they are gutless enough to hurt the dog.
    If they did....

Then I would be in serious trouble.

Ha Ha not a bad idea. I have my ways.
    My worry is while I am not home.
    The person that is complaining is also a suspect in throwing glass and nails all over the vacant area behind our place.

If they're gutless enough to do that they are gutless enough to hurt the dog.
    If they did....

Then I would be in serious trouble.

When your home drop into the community constable have a yarn about what he is perceived to have done glass nails etc and potential threats i.e. dog roll laced with rat poison have it on record

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
    When your home drop into the community constable have a yarn about what he is perceived to have done glass nails etc and potential threats i.e. dog roll laced with rat poison have it on record
    2 of the local constables are old school and hunting mates that I still catch up with.
    I would never put them in that position to be fair and take comfort in knowing that if they knew or heard anything they would follow up on it. I will have a chat tho. But once I am home everything should be fine.

I will get the cook to take the pup out to the farm until I get home.

As I said it is my fault as when I am home he is always with me and as he was fine when his kennel was in the garage I never gave it another thought when I shifted it.

Ejected
    I'm a HUGE softy with my dog and he's always been good. Just luck of the draw with personality sometimes.

The first few nights as a pup when he was noisy I would smack the wall with a firm NO and he clued on real quick.

If you have a spare game camera might be worthwhile setting up, both to check if he's actually being that annoying and if you're seriously worried about a cowardly dog murderer.

My brother in laws border collie barks at birds all the time, tried a barking collar but is too smart and alters his bark to not set it off.
    Pengy likes this.

Was going to suggest a trail cam if the cook could set one up

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Was going to suggest a trail cam if the cook could set one up
    I do have one sitting in my cabinet at home but I reckon I would be home by the time I successfully explained how to set it up. She can't even work her phone properly

223nut likes this.

kennel looks great....two things
    1# where is the water dish????
    1.5# on above if you slope iron roof toward front and stop it short it will keep water filled up and fresh every time it rains.

2# when dog ranger (or indeed any govt dept or other person on phone) starts to talk...stop and ask how to spell thier name...make sure you get spelling right,then ask for position in what company/organisation...write that down along with time and read it back to them

man that makes them crap thier daks...this guy is writing down what I say...
    even better is the next phone caller...you refer to your notes saying "at this time on this date we spoke to this person who said this" the daks get crapped BIGTIME as you have just put caller on notice that you take notes and arent afraid to use them.
    ring council yourself and find out who to place complaint with and if any dog ranger rings you SAVE the phone number...works a treat when you ring them after hours..
    good luck and keep us posted.
    nzfubz and Cordite like this.

R93
    Dog bowls were in the garage as I was home. He is always with me and wasn't being kenneled.

It doesn't rain enough where I live to fill a water bowl... Honest injun

I will use that advice about writing things down but I haven't had to deal with it, my wife has.

I have a record function on my landline so will most likely use that if I ever do have to talk to the idiot that belittled my wife. However it would most likely incriminate me more than him

R93
    Maybe I should get rid of the little bastard
    Wasn't me he reckons.