Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Call that a dog? Are there any...?

Our neighbor had a Norwiegan Elk Hound, so they are here.

It seemed like a nice enough dog, it let you know if something wasnt right.
    It kind of reminded me of a Husky x Shephard but with a curled up tail that made it look like it batted for the other team...
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Meater View Post
    Doberman. Insanely smart, protective of their family and from the stories I've heard are very good at bailing burglars/meter readers in wardrobes/on fridges etc. Best in pairs.

Identify your target beyond all doubt because you never miss (right?) and I'll be missed.
    the "insanely smart" bit is thier downfall..... and why they not a common as guard dogs as they once were...they know if are going to get hurt and will back off....Vs a meathead who will go in and grab no matter what,junkyard dog aggro.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

In my opinion bitches are more territorial than dogs. My Rotti is super nosey and regularly carries out perimeter checks. If somethings up she'll let you know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    the "insanely smart" bit is thier downfall..... and why they not a common as guard dogs as they once were...they know if are going to get hurt and will back off....Vs a meathead who will go in and grab no matter what,junkyard dog aggro.
    It depends on the dog. I was talking to a Doberman breeder last weekend. She said two of her dogs were severely injured in a burglary. Looked like a crowbar was used. The burglar was caught after presenting at the A&E claiming he fell through a sliding door. 240 teeth marks or so apparently didn't quite match his claims...

Identify your target beyond all doubt because you never miss (right?) and I'll be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by m101a1 View Post
    Attachment 223544 corgi pretty loyal solid and a big bark , also you cant run without ankles .
    Also I think with the smaller breeds you can pick them up as you get older and weaker

Problem with them is the males can't walk upstairs if they're horny

Quote Originally Posted by No good names left View Post
    Problem with them is the males can't walk upstairs if they're horny
    My first one got fixed by his farmer owner before me because he was rooting all his heading bitches .