Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: GSP fainting

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    I might get beasted for this but.......

He is short coated, which means burning calories for heat. My big boy was getting tight in the back end as he did a spazo jump onto the back of a truck, ballsed it up and landed flat on his back. He is a bulldog. Its too high, but he's going to have a go. He tried the same stunt climbing a tree shortly after. He was growing at the time and got all tight in the hips and lower back.

I got him a coat and a heat pad to sleep on. Not only did the tightness come right straight away, but he just grew like a mushroom and put on a good amount of condition very quickly.

What? The pink one was discounted.
    Attachment 37426
    Hahah awesome. Hilariously solemn bulldog and a ridiculously tiny staffy
    Wildman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hillclima View Post
    We switched Loch to Royal Canin when he lost all that condition last year and was really showing his age and he's come right
    Where do you get it

A worming tab would help

Puppy wormer yes, but hey worm ya pup change his diet and then claim brand x dog food is the best thing for getting a pup in to condition....... I would say the drontal or canix was more the silver bullet, not what he was eating prior.
    For my money the pup still looks ' wormy' and I would be using a mild puppy wormer, weekly to combat the worm cycle.
    The upset tummy some chicken and rice works well for.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Heat is the total opposite for him up here Tim, he hasn't been cold when hunting yet, quite the opposite, I think over heating maybe contributing to it in some way... It only happens when he has been hunting full tit for hours...
    I think you have the answer right there.
    change his diet to his new hunting lifestyle and climate and try and keep him hydrated.
    expect him to get skinny if he is pheasant hunting and some muscle and rib to start showing, just increase his diet so he has the fuel.
    I feed a lot of green tripe when I can get it, seems to help keep them going all day.
    Wildman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    I missed you Kawhia, who else would look at two photos and figure they know more than person with dog in hand?

In reality they were picked up eating shit food at 3 weeks, were taken to the vet regularly. When I got them they did not have distended bellies. My considerable experience of sorting out other peoples worm ridden pups is you will see a distended belly when they arrive, which they did not have, and then you will see things you never want to see. I have some photographs from the last one if you have already eaten?

These pups were starved very severely early on. Then they went to a well meaning foster who fed them incorrectly. They were fed together on full size kibble. The stronger dog ate as fast as it physically could and just swallowed biscuits whole, little or no absorption. All their energy goes to breaking up the biscuits internally. The other pup was scouring. Starved pups don't need worms to be skinny.

Six days from bones sticking out and too weak to move to fat rolls and tearing round the yard. Partially the food, partially how it was fed. I see no evidence of worm issues, but hey, what would I know with pup in hand?
    no I missed you, your facts keep changing and the math is a little off, at 21 days or 3 weeks pups are only just starting to try and stand properly after the eyes have just opened and still a week away from starting with solids.
    I can accept your pup has the shits but accept a pup with no swelled belly still will have worms at various stages.
    if you did in fact pick them up at 3 weeks then I would have expected them to still be bottle feed for 90% of the time.

Ejected
    We're does he sleep Wildman?
    In winter there is bailey straw in the kennel here and the dogs do well with it. Including the whippets. Said with the old whippet laying on the bed beside me 😆

As for the feed thing, mine do well on the royal canin but they guts it to much so I don't often feed it. And you should still give them trim or something raw.
    Someone told me when carrying water for the mutts to add bailey sugars....

Who has a lead for getting the vet only royal canin? I used to get it off @RCGSP but he's gone back to the states

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    Who has a lead for getting the vet only royal canin? I used to get it off @RCGSP but he's gone back to the states
    He's a useless bugger doing that. He's even breeding Weims now
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Useless alright. The weims that is

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    Just join the Royal canin breeders club Home - Royal Canin delivery is free is you buy more than 20 kilos, arrives within a couple of days of ordering and a whole lot cheaper than buying through a vet or pet shop. Don't know if this includes the vet only formulas but they are on the web site.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    I feed my dogs a mixture of scraps, dry, raw and canned foods. they both thrive on the balance.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Ducdog I don't think they will sell the vet maintenance mix. That stuff was fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    We're does he sleep Wildman?
    In winter there is bailey straw in the kennel here and the dogs do well with it. Including the whippets. Said with the old whippet laying on the bed beside me ��

As for the feed thing, mine do well on the royal canin but they guts it to much so I don't often feed it. And you should still give them trim or something raw.
    Someone told me when carrying water for the mutts to add bailey sugars....
    He is in a kennel WH. That kennel has 4 inchs of pink batts on all sides plus a Dacron bed and a neoprene flip for a door. He has warm ears every morning he comes out...

Ejected
    What food is he on?