Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: GSP fainting

purina dog chow..

Ejected
    Fuck me. I would RUN from anything marketed like that!!

What else does it get? ANY vet will tell you that alone isn't enough and they need raw product too. Either a bit each day or every second day. I found the race horse type dogs did well on Eukanuba and Royal Canin along with raw.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    Fuck me. I would RUN from anything marketed like that!!

What else does it get? ANY vet will tell you that alone isn't enough and they need raw product too. Either a bit each day or every second day. I found the race horse type dogs did well on Eukanuba and Royal Canin along with raw.
    Like I said it's not THAT bad... He is in good nic, vet always comments on how healthy he looks blah blah blah... And I do shoot the odd deer so he gets trim and bones fairly often. He also gets eggs and rice whenever the missus feels sorry for him...

Ejected
    Go see the butcher and see about getting some beef trim along with a bit of mutton.
    I rarely give mine venison because it goes straight through them, in fact having the reverse effect. All they will get is a venison bone for something to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Like I said it's not THAT bad... He is in good nic, vet always comments on how healthy he looks blah blah blah... And I do shoot the odd deer so he gets trim and bones fairly often. He also gets eggs and rice whenever the missus feels sorry for him...
    Seriously, Purina Dog Chow is rubbish.

Go back and read the example that Kawhia gave about the GWP. The dog was fed a low quality dry-food, but managed to maintain condition. However, the moment it was required to work for an extended period, it would collapse. Changed to Eukanuba on advice from a vet friend and it stopped. Went off Eukanuba and it started again.

I watched the dog collapse 3 times. It is gut-wrenching and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

my dogs are part lab and years ago were susceptible to the above symptoms. I believe diet is -/+ 70% of your dogs problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan M