Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Gisborne pistol club

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    No.......................surely not.
    Yup. I know, Lknow, I am just a cynical old bugger.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

ebf
    guys, before the lynch mob get too excited...

this story has some legs, it is not a new thing - it is several months (if not years) old

maybe consider the fact that you don't know both sides of the story before calling for someone's business to be boycotted. just a thought

http://gisborneherald.co.nz/localnew...eking-new-home
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

From what I have seen it usually ends up with the complainant ably assisted by the local council continuing to persecute legally (in this case the pistol club) an individual until they either give up or run out of money (or both).

I have 2 Trueflight barrels and when the time comes for new barrels would not be replacing any of them with TF's.

As far as I am concerned if the Pistol Club was there first then the others can all bugger off, they knew it was there and what it was.
    marky123 and 40mm like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

it's still a case of two faced council, allowing land to be sub devided with full knowledge the clubwas there.
    Nugget connaisseur likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    guys, before the lynch mob get too excited...

this story has some legs, it is not a new thing - it is several months (if not years) old

maybe consider the fact that you don't know both sides of the story before calling for someone's business to be boycotted. just a thought

Pistol club still seeking new home | The Gisborne Herald
    Whatever the nitty gritty is, that guy is still a cock for complaining about it. trufright barrels of shit
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    it's still a case of two faced council, allowing land to be sub devided with full knowledge the clubwas there.
    This
    What sucks even more is the Club will be paying rates part of which will be used to pay the councils legal team to screw them over

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Since when have local councils been anything other than that. I personally think they are the only place most of their employees could work. No one else would have them. Clipboard waving money waste twats.

Rate Payers are a never ending source of money for inept and incompetant local councils
    chainsaw and Steve123 like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

I wouldnt support True-Flite in anything. When I was younger and poorer, they destroyed my "life-time" rifle, (husqvarna 7000, family heirloom), when they rebarreled it from .270, to 6.5x55. 6" groups were its best from memory, and I tried everything, plus no fix from them, just repeated bullshit over the Ph. I appreciate that times have moved-on and they supposedly do some good work, but it will still piss me off till I die. Any genuine firearms-enthusiast, would Not act as O'neil has, the LAST thing we need is detractors within our own ranks, which he obviously isnt.
    mikee and 40mm like this.

The real dirty part in his submission is throwing in the old "lead contamination" for good measure. Must be lining up the land for when he gets them arseholed.
    Maybe there is another side to the story but as it stands looks like hes made an assumption that a small pistol club is irrelevant to his business. Maybe he should move, not them?
    They export barrels also and many of the countries they go to shooters have been screwed over by someone and might not look on this kindly.
    mikee and 40mm like this.

the land around the PC has been farm land all my life. the road up to it was a shit gravel road and ruff. Then the council gave the go a head to the new sub division right next door seal road and ete etc. The PC should have been part of the resource consent they were there first. The council do own a old range out of town (should be giving the pc this as a option) and like most blocks of land the gisborne district council own they are all over grown with black berry and weeds.

I was not aware that terry had shares in true flight. I Just thought TF least part of the work shop. The service i have had with grant at true flight have been excellent

So many ill-informed experts prepared to make comment with little or no knowledge.

Councils have to process subdivision consent applications in accordance with the law - the Resource Management Act.
    Councils cannot arbitrarily approve or decline consent applications - despite what you may think.

The existing activity at the Pistol Club has to be consistent with the rules of the district and regional plans unless they have a resource consent to do otherwise. Sounds like the Pistol Club was in breach without a consent to cover the breach - their bad.

Anyone is entitled to complain about breaches of consent conditions or breaches of district or regional plan rules. Anyone.

New neighbours always pose a risk to an existing activity. Clubs should get their activities assessed and get consent(s) to cover themselves.

Clubs and individuals should engage in the process. If your district or region is reviewing their RMA plans (must be done or begun every 10 years) take part, seek more protection in the plan for shooting sports and ranges. Don't just sit on your arse and whinge later.

For the record I am an accredited RMA Hearing Panel Commissioner and RMA Hearing Panel Chair and a District Councillor as well as a shooter.

Cyclops are you familiar with how small clubs run? On a shoestring budget and people giving time for free. Whilst you will be 100% correct in your assessment many clubs will be getting caught out as they probably do not have the resources to undertake this.
    People are normally well aware these clubs exist regardless of what is in place from a practical sense. Often land is much cheaper because of this.
    rewa likes this.

just to give you an idea 55dB is about the level of human conversation under normal circumstances, every 10dB increase is double that
    a few cows in a field near a house will be more than 55dB !!!

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Oh Cyclops' you are so one eyed. Ha ha ha ha couldn't resist.
    mikee and rewa like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Yep took a gamble and lost, after capital gain once the club was gone! The decontamination bit, Geeze get a life!!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    So many ill-informed experts prepared to make comment with little or no knowledge.

Councils have to process subdivision consent applications in accordance with the law - the Resource Management Act.
    Councils cannot arbitrarily approve or decline consent applications - despite what you may think.

The existing activity at the Pistol Club has to be consistent with the rules of the district and regional plans unless they have a resource consent to do otherwise. Sounds like the Pistol Club was in breach without a consent to cover the breach - their bad.

Anyone is entitled to complain about breaches of consent conditions or breaches of district or regional plan rules. Anyone.

New neighbours always pose a risk to an existing activity. Clubs should get their activities assessed and get consent(s) to cover themselves.

Clubs and individuals should engage in the process. If your district or region is reviewing their RMA plans (must be done or begun every 10 years) take part, seek more protection in the plan for shooting sports and ranges. Don't just sit on your arse and whinge later.

For the record I am an accredited RMA Hearing Panel Commissioner and RMA Hearing Panel Chair and a District Councillor as well as a shooter.
    Geeze we are talking Gisborne, not Auckland Central, time to dump the Resource Managment Act and it’s related lost time and huge costs and get on with living life!!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough