Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: How short on a 303?

Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    Read it again and think about consequences if he misses. Which is likely with a piece of shit .303
    the projectile wont be stopped by a possum even if you do connect which is highly likely with a trusty ol 3o..... and yes when shooting up into a tree you do try for the main trunk or at least solid branch to be behind target.....generally speaking if you are in a place where you contemplating shooting at a possum with a centrefire you will have plenty heaps of safe area around you to lob a round into......without risk of hitting anyone or thing.
    bumblefoot and Jusepy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    the projectile wont be stopped by a possum even if you do connect which is highly likely with a trusty ol 3o..... and yes when shooting up into a tree you do try for the main trunk or at least solid branch to be behind target.....generally speaking if you are in a place where you contemplating shooting at a possum with a centrefire you will have plenty heaps of safe area around you to lob a round into......without risk of hitting anyone or thing.
    Wow. You’re really trying to justify it aren’t you?!?

The level of retardation displayed on this forum occasionally scares the shit out of me.
    BRADS likes this.

Personally I think a shotgun is ideal for shooting possums out of trees...pellets fall to ground after a few hundred metres AND it's a hell of a lot of fun. However noise can be a problem in more closely settled areas so most people just use a .22 which can apparently travel 2-3 km. A centrefire projectile goes a bit further but it is the shooters responsibility to ensure a safe backdrop eg. tree trunk or mountain.

Some guys say use an air rifle but I find poss are hard buggers to kill even with a .22
    csmiffy likes this.

I recall visiting a property at arkles bay to mediate a dispute many years ago. While inspecting the exterior I found a .22 embedded in a weatherboard. It had struck at a 60 degree downward angle and all but the heel was fully in the matai weatherboard. I dug it out for interests sake. The house was on a ridge and the nearest trees were about half a k away. Since then I have always been cautious with fall of shot and backdrop with any rifle.

Wow. You’re really trying to justify it aren’t you?!?

The level of retardation displayed on this forum occasionally scares the shit out of me.
    Ipresume youre referring to my post in your nauseous righteousness.well let me assure you both those incidents mentioned occurred miles from any bloody housing or habitation and were not a habit of mine! as for this retardation comment well it says more about you the person than any other person .good day to you and your misery -conversation finished!

^^^Shooting possums out of a tree with a center fire because you’re too fat and useless to climb it?!? And claiming it on a public forum.

Fuck you’re a unit!
    lookat yourself in the mirror you spot of reject DNA and BTW-to quote me late mum "get the shit off your liver ya git!"
    christ youre not a labour voter by any chance??

And....... the next forum fight starts.
    csmiffy likes this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    And....... the next forum fight starts.
    For a bunch of old blokes there certainly is a hell of a lot of drama and it ain't coming from the millennials hahahaha.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
    bumblefoot likes this.

I have a smle with a so-called stuffed barrel, 6" groups at 25 yards, so we cut in down, 1 inch at a time to 12 inches long and it produced about 1900 fps.
    So it was put away for a few years, however mt almost 60 year old son like it as a bush gun so we are doing a bit of work on it.
    The bore, that is the reamed hole is about 0.307 to 0.308, the grove, that is the broached slot in the bore appears to be 0.320 but I think that the rust and debris is only just being removed, I am upsetting 308 berries bullets and driving them through the barrel.
    This rifle could be a BSA 8mm which was made in 1924. The bore is shiny whilst the groves are dark.