Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By grandpamac
  • 5 Post By Marty Henry
  • 1 Post By grandpamac

Thread: Pump 223

Naracoorte South Australia/From South Canterbury

Not that we will ever see one now.
    Welcome to Sako club.

looks bloody uncomfortable

Greetings All,
    I have seen one military style .223 pump, not quite like that. It had been bought to replace a semi auto that had been handed in and now faces the same fate. Mum's the word on the .303 Lee Enfield being the fastest bolt action with a 10 shot detachable mag.
    Regards Grandpamac.
    Kiwi Sapper and Phil_H like this.

Its only thanks to the foresight of the british military in the 1890s that we can still have 10 rounds in a bolt action centrefire.
    If the country had been saturated with hundreds of thousands of 5 round mausers after both wars most of which are untraceable today we would have a 5 round limit.
    As if you needed another reason to love the Lee Enfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Its only thanks to the foresight of the british military in the 1890s that we can still have 10 rounds in a bolt action centrefire.
    If the country had been saturated with hundreds of thousands of 5 round mausers after both wars most of which are untraceable today we would have a 5 round limit.
    As if you needed another reason to love the Lee Enfield.
    Ummmmmmmmmm. Sorry to drop a fly in your ointment pot, but dare I mention what was to be our beloved " Smellie's" replacement? The P14 with a Mauser lock and an internal 5 round magazine.

Phew. That was a close shave. I never thought that I would have cause to thank Kaiser Wilhelm II for saving us from that fate, but "ich danke Ihnen" Fritz.
    Name:  Kaiser Wilhelm II.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  40.4 KB

Interesting to see there is/was a Troy PAR for sale on trade me. Probably trying to offload to some unsuspecting person

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Sapper View Post
    Ummmmmmmmmm. Sorry to drop a fly in your ointment pot, but dare I mention what was to be our beloved " Smellie's" replacement? The P14 with a Mauser lock and an internal 5 round magazine.

Phew. That was a close shave. I never thought that I would have cause to thank Kaiser Wilhelm II for saving us from that fate, but "ich danke Ihnen" Fritz.
    Attachment 143349
    Yes but it got the arse thanks to the cartridge that was proposed for it its recoil and the fact that Cordite removed rifling quickly thanks to the high speed and high pressure coupled to the poms being reluctant to abandon huge inventories. So it was retooled to 303 and did its best work with the Americans as the P14 and as sniper rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    Interesting to see there is/was a Troy PAR for sale on trade me. Probably trying to offload to some unsuspecting person
    The seller is a dealer who knows Cindy will screw him over on cost price only.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    Think the T/M Police have pulled it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Yes but it got the arse thanks to the cartridge that was proposed for it its recoil and the fact that Cordite removed rifling quickly thanks to the high speed and high pressure coupled to the poms being reluctant to abandon huge inventories. So it was retooled to 303 and did its best work with the Americans as the P14 and as sniper rifles.
    Greetings All,
    The .276 Enfield cartridge was a cracker though. Not much chop as a military cartridge but wouldn't have looked out of place in a modern rifle. A 7 mm semi short magnum.
    Grandpamac.
    Marty Henry likes this.

There's the Vektor H5, a pump action Galil, made in South Africa... See https://www.forgottenweapons.com/vek...carousel-20185 It tanked in terms of sales,
    because it just couldn't compete against semis or bolt actions. A bit of a jack of all trades but master of none. Name:  iYGlIbd.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  154.9 KB