Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By 223nut
  • 1 Post By quentin

Thread: Night saber spotlights

Night saber spotlights

My old lightforce spotlight died so am looking at replacing with the night saber spotlights or something similar and am wondering what you guys recommend?
    Mainly used from the truck or sxs so not sure if rechargeable would be necessary?
    Save our Tahr. They belong in the southern alps.

Dare I say it...... maxtorch I have thrown my old 12v spotlights away (they didn't get that much use) the ability to use hand held and slap it ontop of the rifle and leave the vehicle is to much to miss out on.

Few spare batteries lying round, 18650 batteries used in head torch and usb battery bank for phone/gps so if they start running out easy to swap a fresh set in
    rugerman, yogi and matagouri like this.

I gave a small night saber rechargable for handheld use and it performs really well. Only the 510 lumens version but its excellent for finding shot animals if you have to walk away from SxS to pick them up. I was looking at buying another.

northdude
    Ive got one of the above as well best light ive had so far. Its so light you wouldnt even think theres a battery in it

Have a Maxtoch X2 Shooter with a 8V-18V driver in and power cable, so I can run it from the ute. Perfect setup. Also run it off a 4S 16000mAh Lipo in my backpack if I want to walk around with it, or attach it to the rifle. No worrying about the battery going flat in a hurry.

Have a couple of these, and am happy to move one on if this sounds like what you are after.
    yogi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    Have a Maxtoch X2 Shooter with a 8V-18V driver in and power cable, so I can run it from the ute. Perfect setup. Also run it off a 4S 16000mAh Lipo in my backpack if I want to walk around with it, or attach it to the rifle. No worrying about the battery going flat in a hurry.

Have a couple of these, and am happy to move one on if this sounds like what you are after.
    The maxtoch are awesome torches but was trying to get around the problem of batteries going flat. Sounds like you have it sorted pretty well.
    I suppose the other thing is to run more batteries.
    Save our Tahr. They belong in the southern alps.

Quote Originally Posted by yogi View Post
    . I suppose the other thing is to run more batteries.
    They add up price wise and you have to keep the things charged.... you go through even more if driver is running 1 torch and a 2nd one on the rifle. Guess it depends how many hours you are out and % in vehicle vs out, terrain your in etc.

I reckon we are pretty lucky with the technology now, the old 4×d cell maglites seem a bit dim these days