Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: License vetting and medical information

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    I would think the likes of detectives & AOS squad members dealing with the things they do would be ripe candidates , must be pretty hard to un see some of the jobs they attend , no disrespect intended but they like us are only human too , but why should there be two sets of rules .
    So they / we do. The government security vetting process is something separate. It is generally around loyalty and trustworthiness. And no that is not linked to firearms licensing for and proper testing... Although wouldn't that be neat...

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Why would doctors want to sign this form , the cops are effectively putting the onus on doctors to judge if a person is fit & proper , I don’t even have a doctor any time I need to go it’s with who ever is available at the time so there’s no patient / doc relationship at all .
    The nail on the head. That medical form, no doubt authored by NZP not by any medical organisation, is putting the onus on the GP to judge someone fit and proper. There is no way in heaven, earth or hell that a GP can say someone is "no risk", you can only say someone is background risk but it's the GANFYD culture and cops like everyone believe a doctor's note absolves them from accountability, at least it gives them something to tell the media if things go tits up.

In the UK there are a lot of anti-gun GPs and you can have some difficulties if the practice you are with is full of such cardigan wearers.

Interesting link about the state of affairs in the UK:
    https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/un...nce-approvals/
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

One has to smile at the number of lines for medication on the form...5...I would need a shit load more than that if I had to state all my medications...I would ask my doctor to only list the mild 5
    Maca49 and Cordite like this.