Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: ADI powder for 7RM

Link
    Cheers mate. Yea worked up with no pressure signs, surprised as you say since it's well over max. Tested some eldm the other day and looks like the sweet spot for that is around 70 grains
    Rees likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Cheers mate. Yea worked up with no pressure signs, surprised as you say since it's well over max. Tested some eldm the other day and looks like the sweet spot for that is around 70 grains
    for the same amount of powder and similar speed you would have less pressure using 2225 or 2217 just my 2 cents again no hate
    #DANNYCENT

Link
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    for the same amount of powder and similar speed you would have less pressure using 2225 or 2217 just my 2 cents again no hate
    Yea that's what I used to run in my old 7mm with good results, however didnt provide the accuracy I was after in this shooter.

Danny the IMR and H4831sc data is different, the (I) i believe is warmer by 2 grains.
    and many people ive spoken to are runnin well over ADA max for 2213sc , this is not the first ive heard 69 gr pop up.. mostly chasen the velocity but also the pressure of 64gr max is not very high considering the cartridge limits? it seems.

lol, no hate.

thanks for the info Link!

Also the ADI powder is very difficult to acquire these days. local stores get 20kg at a time max from ada, an the last batch was in november? they had another batch a few weeks ago an its all spoken for.

the commons are snapped up, i luckily found a 2213sc, an a friend has 2217 , so, no hate, all very easy to switch out. swap around and test.

LOL i see
    DANNY got banned....
    NO hate.
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rees View Post
    LOL i see
    DANNY got banned....
    NO hate.
    ahhhh no he isn't
    Rees likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

Link
    Quote Originally Posted by Rees View Post
    Also the ADI powder is very difficult to acquire these days. local stores get 20kg at a time max from ada, an the last batch was in november? they had another batch a few weeks ago an its all spoken for.

the commons are snapped up, i luckily found a 2213sc, an a friend has 2217 , so, no hate, all very easy to switch out. swap around and test.
    Let us know how you get on mate
    Rees likes this.

Rees, there is something going on down at ADI Mulwala. I've had it from a couple of GS in the last two weeks that as its a very old plant, they are under taking a major refurb and its impacting supply of rifle powders. Recent changes to the DG code / transporting rules in NSW is making distribution difficult. May impact ADI supplies in NZ also so maybe talk to your local GS.

I used to load 65 grs of 2213 SC in my Rem 700 7 mm Mag with the 162gr Spire point and velocities sat around the 2950 fps. 69 grs sounds hot but if approached carefully would be ok. Around 3000 is a good speed.
    Rees likes this.

ahhhh no he isn't
    hahahahaha tooo funny
    dannyb likes this.

Let us know how you get on mate
    Loading up a batch of testers tonight, hoping the scope turns up tomorow!
    not sure which to pick first, sst or eldx lol

here she is all ready to go.
    loaded 2213sc and the SST for starters. 62-65gr tests.
    but also some charges for the eldx while im there incase they shoot reasoably close poi

I suspect you will get around 2800fps maybe more maybe less
    oi, a bit of a told ya so moment for ya,
    loaded up some rounds so far it looks like 62 - 63gr 2213sc is the accuracy load? but velocity wouldnt be too up there with a 26 inch barrel would it? what do ya think its doin?

it opened up noticably at 64 65? but didnt show pressure signs really... slightly cratered primer and necks gettin slammed pretty hard but bolt not sticky etc..

is it worth going up in to 66gr range, or is it uplikely to 'tighten' up without hitting pressure with this powder? (common theme?)

most likely going to settle with 62-63gr but further tomorow testing, an just blow the SST at ranges for practise with the Dial scope... will hunt with the eldx first preference as finding bits n pieces in the dirt bank.

guna get onto that 2217 later tho for the eldx i rekon ay.

let us know ya thoughts... i say common theme cos i guess everyone wants that velocity and if the pressure comes first this would sound familiar yeh?
    dannyb likes this.

Link did u Find a lower accuracy node at all? and aim for the higher? im not near 70, but not near 3000 either.