Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Best single stage press (Which model)?

Quote Originally Posted by johnd View Post
    I havent really done any run out tests, they use the same ram and I think the stroke is the same length, they also use the same on board priming method. I would say the quality is the same. They do take a bit of run in time where the ram is a bit "gritty"

My BB2 went to a forum member, and it was probably just run in Well OK,.... well run in

Depriming is always a bit messy but with the "down the ram hole " that redding employs it is a lot cleaner .... maybe 1 in 20 will bounce back out of the ram, but if you dont use the onboard priming method then the hole can be blocked off with a bit of foam etc and then its like Colditz ( no one escapes )

Swapping between large and small primers is a bit of a fiddle. But if you only use one size primer then the on board would be OK.

Personally I use a bench mounted priming system that is easier than a handheld device.
    It would be interesting to see the run out results for sure, i think the press would be similar to a toyota landcruiser, brocken in at 500,000kms. Im sure the on board priming would be fine getting started out. the volume ill be reloading wont be to serious. Cheers for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    I have a bb2 and like it except for seating primers. I prefer seating primers with a lee primer seater which attaches to any press.
    I also have a forster co ax which is excellent but does not suit hornady dies with drop sleeves although these are ok in the bb2.
    you must be another one of these forum gear hoarders. with back ups for your back ups. ill have a look at these lee primers never heard of them i assume they speed things up a tad. I am started to get into the way of thinking dont sell anything.

Anyone had any experience with the rcbs summit press? I'm looking between that and the rock chucker for reloading a 30 nosler and 284
    Tim Dicko likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cameronjackwhite View Post
    Anyone had any experience with the rcbs summit press? I'm looking between that and the rock chucker for reloading a 30 nosler and 284
    if you look at the ultimate reloader 14 press shoot out, look at page 14 on the website and there are all the results for the shoot out including summit and rockchucker. The summit dosnt have factory on press priming, they are both excellent presses by the looks of the results page. Ive got a 30 nosler coming.

Quote Originally Posted by cameronjackwhite View Post
    https://ultimatereloader.com/2019/04...tage-shootout/

go to very bottom of the first page. Then go to page 15 of the results. He also talks about features of all the presses.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    I have a T7, the benefit to me is time, less mucking about changing dies.

When I reload 223 I use 4 dies: Resizing, M Die for flaring the case neck, Seating, and Crimp. I like to set everything up and have it running sweet at the beginning.
    Ooh this man is cheating. Nailed it.T7 has been a huge and satisfying investment.
    johnd, Tim Dicko and Max Headroom like this.

I have a Rockchucker made in 1965 it is still as tight and smooth as when it left the factory you will never wear out any of the big name presses in a couple of life times.
    Tim Dicko likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shooternz View Post
    I have a Rockchucker made in 1965 it is still as tight and smooth as when it left the factory you will never wear out any of the big name presses in a couple of life times.
    cheers shooternz for the feedback

I have both RC and Redding BBII set up. Personally the over cam on the RockChucker, to me makes it the better press. The build quality of both are outstanding. The primer collector on the Redding is more convienient, but not enough when compared to the other advantages of the RCBS. Personal preference at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by 300AAC View Post
    I have both RC and Redding BBII set up. Personally the over cam on the RockChucker, to me makes it the better press. The build quality of both are outstanding. The primer collector on the Redding is more convienient, but not enough when compared to the other advantages of the RCBS. Personal preference at the end of the day.
    I was just having a look at you instagram. the rockchucker looks good a. looks a bit bigger. Hows it for coal and all that?