Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: A little bit of a play with the Tuibob and a suppresser

Impure Lead Flinger
    Were good on non projectile forming.. I just had heapa unused pills powder and such... And I know what was more fun lol

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Backstop or no backstop, every time the trigger is squeezed check that firing zone. Complacency kills.
    Do you write it down somewhere that the firing zone is safe before each and evey shot?

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by baldbob View Post
    Were good on non projectile forming.. I just had heapa unused pills powder and such... And I know what was more fun lol
    All good. Has Abe got the cream of wheat FF sorted?

On a different note some wicked fish pics in ya album Bob,,,some nice left hooker canons too mate we are the selected few!!!
    Last edited by Bushrash; 27-06-2012 at 08:09 PM.
    DONT BE A FOOL INDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEFORE YOU PULL

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    All good. Has Abe got the cream of wheat FF sorted?
    Yep its easy... But boring and loud lol

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushrash View Post
    On a diffrent note some wicked fish pics in ya albulm Bob,,,some nice left hooker canons too mate we are the selected few!!!
    Im not sure what pics are on there? theres some bluefin and broadies I think...

Yep leftys the way forward specially when mixed with milradian

You still got ya premiers?? still happy with them??,,been looking at a Z5 still scratching me head bout it but
    DONT BE A FOOL INDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEFORE YOU PULL

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushrash View Post
    You still got ya premiers?? still happy with them??,,been looking at a Z5 still scratching me head bout it but
    Yep premiers are bloody fantastic... Z5s are ok but have a good look at them 1st.. The elevation turret may put you off but the glass is comparable on both.... I think for the $$ the premier hunter has it over the z5.. But thats just me....

Sorry shooter nxt time im firing rounds from the hip at a bank ill make sure I run down there and ask the bank if its ok and safe to fire at it from the hip..
    Lord knows a bank could have been injured.......
    Idd say on behalf of the ill informed - it did seem that there could have been some lose rounds going down range to me ,but now youv'e explained that bank system its cleared things up algud ,cause to tell you the truth i was convinced that at lest a some of those rounds left while the barrel was at around 45 Degree angle up ,and at ,4.22 the video show's the range which dont look much ova 10 deg to the top of the wind row ,so on that i myself even thought a round or two was lobbed in to the bush behind lol Any wayz gotta be said i enjoyed the vid .

Quote Originally Posted by NZHTR View Post
    Idd say on behalf of the ill informed - it did seem that there could have been some lose rounds going down range to me ,but now youv'e explained that bank system its cleared things up algud ,cause to tell you the truth i was convinced that at lest a some of those rounds left while the barrel was at around 45 Degree angle up ,and at ,4.22 the video show's the range which dont look much ova 10 deg to the top of the wind row ,so on that i myself even thought a round or two was lobbed in to the bush behind lol Any wayz gotta be said i enjoyed the vid .
    The sound wasn't syncing very well with the video when I watched it, and because of the delay, it sounded like you were firing into the air/straight outward. If you watch for the muzzle blast though, it's pretty obvious you were shooting in a safe direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    The sound wasn't syncing very well with the video when I watched it, and because of the delay, it sounded like you were firing into the air/straight outward. If you watch for the muzzle blast though, it's pretty obvious you were shooting in a safe direction.
    The only thing that is obvious is that the majority of the shots were released without even looking in to the target area. The moment you do not check you firing zone before firing it stops being a safe direction, bottom line.
    "Professionals are predictable but the world is full of dangerous amateurs"

Impure Lead Flinger
    The only thing that is obvious is that the majority of the shots were released without even looking in to the target area. The moment you do not check you firing zone before firing it stops being a safe direction, bottom line.
    Well shooter if thats the case next time I want to wack of a bunch of rounds from the hip I wont drive 25km to do it into a bank in the middle of nowhere.. Ill do it out the front door of my house because its no different...

R93
    Your concern for saftey is commendable Shooter but you are being a bit pedantic about it. You have had your say. I know where he was and he has to drive ages to get there when he has plenty of other closer options. I wouldnt try to make judgments about someone's actions from a 2 minute video that didnt have the whole scene either.
    Last edited by R93; 27-06-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Bob - you're a madbugger. I wouldn't want to put my rifle through that.
    Might have been better to put the hot part into some oil though to cool it. You could have had a feed of chups and kept the grain structure in the barrel.

Fair play to you.

Well shooter if thats the case next time I want to wack of a bunch of rounds from the hip I wont drive 25km to do it into a bank in the middle of nowhere.. Ill do it out the front door of my house because its no different...
    Your not getting the point, and it shows that even the most avid shooter can potentially cause a misplaced hunter,tramper,tourist, innocent bystander to become collateral when they end up in the wrong place when you release a shot without checking "your firing zone".

It is disappointing the view point of many shooters out there that find these sort of actions acceptable. By all means have a good time but FFS check before you release that shot!
    "Professionals are predictable but the world is full of dangerous amateurs"