Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Looking at learning to reload, cost effective or better to keep buying cheap ammo

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    You clearly want to fuck a goat!.hope you can watch you tube dave! otherwise your gonna cry.
    Na goats are generally up for it. I like something with a bit of a chase. Why would I need to watch youtube Jase?
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Looks as if this thread's all gone to the shit.

Get "Reloading" Simplified from your library. Read it twice then read it again and absoooorb it. I would lend you my cope if I could ever find it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackel View Post
    I was going to get a Hornady reloading manual, i've just be trying to get the latest edition #9 from the states as i can only find 7th & 8th edition over here, and i know the new one has the 300 blackout info its a cal i wouldn't mind paying with for a future purchase.

I've started up a list of what i want and then working from that to give me an overall start up cost, so once i double it, i know what to hide away from the little lady

I can see how its could be addictive as, the more I've reading more about the process, the more interested i'm getting, and different loads i could make.

My initial thinking of that i can save money by making my own ammo has gone out the window. I tend to get a little OCD trying to perfect things, so i am a little scared of starting to learn.

i have read most of the threads on reloading on this forum, some good info in them.
    Edition #9 $48.62NZ + $31.80NZ to ship in a flat rate USPS envelope
    Newest Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading Manual 9th Ed Worldwide SHIP | eBay
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Is some one talking about reloading inside a goat? I'm lost (as usual).
    That's a whatchamacallit! Isn't it?

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by roig View Post
    Is some one talking about unloading inside a goat? I'm lost (as usual).
    Fixed it so it is familiar to you
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Come on guys please be sensible and save the debauchery for the open topic the poor bugger seriously wants some advice here

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    Edition #9 $48.62NZ + $31.80NZ to ship in a flat rate USPS envelope
    Newest Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading Manual 9th Ed Worldwide SHIP | eBay

Thanks Hunter308,

I didn't even think about ebay,

I'll see if i can set up a NZ paypal account tomorrow.

Pretty easy to set up a pay pal account which reminds me I must update my flexi debt card details on my account. I have used ebay in the past for bits of reloading gear but just make sure they will ship worldwide and if it does not state worldwide double check via Q&A as some will do it even if they have not got international shipping stated and some will state no intl shipping etc optics planet also deals on there too. HAve also seen calibre specific load data books on there too which has data from all available manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackel View Post
    My initial thinking of that i can save money by making my own ammo has gone out the window. I tend to get a little OCD trying to perfect things, so i am a little scared of starting to learn.
    Heck I thought OCD was a requirement for reloading

No need to despair though, you might not save money reloading but you can shoot a hell of a lot more for the same price. Especially if you get into casting.

Pretty easy to set up a pay pal account which reminds me I must update my flexi debt card details on my account. I have used ebay in the past for bits of reloading gear but just make sure they will ship worldwide and if it does not state worldwide double check via Q&A as some will do it even if they have not got international shipping stated and some will state no intl shipping etc optics planet also deals on there too. HAve also seen calibre specific load data books on there too which has data from all available manuals.

All done, my girl is using her NZ paypal account to buy it, as i've got money in my AUS paypal account, but it won't left me ship anything to NZ as i couldn't change my AUS address to a Kiwi one.

In Aussie all you had was Ebay and i had used a lot, i just forgot about it after using Trade Me and Amazon for everything since i moved back.

That link I gave was the cheapest listing on there that I found. Another guy wanted something like 50-60US to ship to NZ for express shipping but that is just too steep. I got some Lyman 308 dies off there a couple of years back for about $30NZ including shipping and they were brand new. Also give Lee Reloading Supplies | Reloading Equipment Lee Precision | Discount Reloading Supplies by Lee | Titan Reloading a browse if you want some reasonably priced lee gear like shell holders, dies etc even the shipping is also reasonable.

That link I gave was the cheapest listing on there that I found. Another guy wanted something like 50-60US to ship to NZ for express shipping but that is just too steep. I got some Lyman 308 dies off there a couple of years back for about $30NZ including shipping and they were brand new. Also give Lee Reloading Supplies | Reloading Equipment Lee Precision | Discount Reloading Supplies by Lee | Titan Reloading a browse if you want some reasonably priced lee gear like shell holders, dies etc even the shipping is also reasonable.

Thanks again Hunter,

I sent the link to my girl this morning for her to order it. Within 3 hours it was sent and got a tracking number

i didn't even bother to check out any others on eBay as that price on that listing was a fair price and i couldn't find one here.

I'll keep working on my list of what i need and want, so far after running the stuff through a spreadsheet and working out the NZ prices vs US prices, Shipping and Customs & GST it works out very similar,

So i'll support the local guy and try and get a discount or free postage

Now wheres that book!!!!

Just remember to keep your orders under $400NZ including shipping so you don't get whacked for duty fees and GST.

Also check out the customs FAQ page Frequently Asked Questions | Duty Estimator
    That's a whatchamacallit! Isn't it?

Cheer guys

I'm all up with importing, i've imported heaps of stuff into Aus and NZ, it does suck with the lower limit over here, at least it was $1000 in Aus.

I've got my NZ client code for importing