Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Looking at learning to reload, cost effective or better to keep buying cheap ammo

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    and with the hornady gear you will have to buy hornady shell holders sadly as the case trimmer won't let you use other branded shell holders which I found out when I bought one and could not use the RCBS shell holder in it, got put right off hornady after that, oh and whatever you do for the love of god DO NOT use the hornady one shot spray lube or you will have one really stuck case I found out the hard way when I first started and lost a FL die because it was stuck solid to the point the stuck case remover ripped out of the bottom of the case and totally wrecked my first press in the process which was a cast alloy lee c-frame, had hornady up about it and they said they would replace the die and never did.
    Thanks for the heads up about the one shot. what do you use? there are a lot of options out there.

When i was looking at what press to get. i noticed that there was a lot of issues with incompatibility between the brands, so i decided to keep with the one brand. so i should have less issues in the long run, when it comes to amasing dies and use in a newer progressive press, if i can ever afford to pistol shoot

I won't use anything else but a lube pad and the lube you use on it(lyman and RCBS case lubes) only hornady lube I will use is some stuff called unique but you have to apply it by hand and you can also get some stuff called imperial sizing wax which alot of people swear by but if spray lube really floats ya boat others have talked about using dillon spray lube with no issues. When I get another reloading set up I will be going with RCBS as they have two single stage presses available that can be converted to a progressive press by purchasing a piggy back unit for them and can also be setup with the hornady lock n load bushings for quicker die changes.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals