Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Start of a review of Bulletseaker by longseeker.com the replacement of Labradar

Quote Originally Posted by deye223 View Post
    What size battery does it take
    The battery source is a rechargeable Li-Ion battery Samsung ICR18650-connect by USB-C , 200 mAh , 3.7 V . The unit does not need a trigger and it is always on ( until it reaches the shutdown time selected by user) the battery life is around 6 hrs with radar sensor , LED and Bluetooth on. The recharge time is said to be 5 hrs by USB-C but I have not tested accurately.
    https://www.snipershide.com/shooting...7120150/page-3

just got mine, unit is good and had no issues, app is a bit janky as the font sizing is not calibrated for a phone screen and obscures some data but you can see it. very handy for transporting, used a thick rubber band to attach the mount to the barrel just behind the supp and had 0 problems with reading. time saved in not having to set up a chrono, tripod etc and has eliminated a pile of gear to carry. Hoping the app will be developed further for ease of use
    lee308 likes this.
    Good, Fast, Cheap....choose any 2.

So you can take extra cells for the day and just swap them over .
    lee308 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by deye223 View Post
    So you can take extra cells for the day and just swap them over .
    Just take a battery bank with you and plug it in. I used mine for over an hour and battery % only went down something like 15% in that time.
    lee308 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Noswal View Post
    Any further testing on the unit?
    I've got a bit busy, will try and get more shooting and testing this week and report back on the forum.
    Noswal likes this.

I finally got to the range again today with my Desert Tech 338 Lapua mag kit. Mounted this thing on the picatinny rail on the Tacticool hand guard. firm as fk. Fired 5 shots. No sign of speed shown. WTF !!!
    I thought it might be the muzzle brake giving it too much cloud. So I took it off and lined up with the barrel on the mini tripod. Fired another few shots, no sigh of speed. So I placed the device under the barrel and IN front of the barrel, both no success. All of the positioning of the bullet seeker was level with the barrel and pointed to the target as much as I can. So today this device has not been a reliable equipment at all or it is really sensitive to something I'm not aware of.
    The app is not very easy to use and designed with pretty dumb user interface that does not make sense.
    Definitely not as good as the labradar so far.

Then I changed to the bench to shoot my K31 Swiss old stick, no speed shown again. This really started to fk me off.
    Then comes the CZ 22lr, first go, no speed, placed really close to the barrel, finally showed reliable speed.
    I still can't work out why it would not show speed for the previous attempts.

The button on the unit is really shit, press it so many times for it to react, and it does not click like a button should.
    It feels like a Mosin Nagant trigger, press it soft, press it hard, press it harder, and again.
    Fuck this, start pressing softer again, ahha.... it turned on. Lucky me, it worked. lol
    Second time I try to turn it on or off, have to go through the same shit again.
    I started to think what a piece of shit this is, waste of time and money. ( Sorry this was my real thoughts, not meant to say these nowadays, are we!!?? )

So I'm gonna talk to the manufacturer and tell them my experience.

For now whoever wants to buy one, I suggestion is " Don't !!"

Anyone else wants to share their experience or give me some tips or information from the manufacturer.
    Please post here so we all get an idea of where this product will take us.

Cheers.

Lee

Name:  IMG_0297.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  361.4 KB

Thank you for update Lee... Im sure noswal will chime in at some point with his thoughts/experiences!
    lee308 likes this.

My experiences are much the same. Some days it works perfectly, other days you want to throw it in the rubbish….so no different to the Labradar really.

Couple of things to always ensure
    - keep battery as full as possible. It’s less reliable the lower the battery,
    - Mount as close to barrel bore as possible (70mm or less)
    - don’t use in conjunction with other electronic devices I.e. can’t use Labradar at same time
    - turn off all your other Apps while using the BS

I bought mine directly from manufacturers, so I haven’t bothered sending it back yet. But all these issues are well known (search on SnipersHide). A mate has all these same issues with his locally purchased unit and is being fobbed-off by the NZ agent claiming it’s operator error.
    lee308 likes this.

I've never had issues this bad with a Labradar. I have had issues when there were more than 1 Labradar within 10 meters.

I have a reply from the Australian agent who i bought it from.

"Have you securely mounted and aligned the radar on the barrel with the supplied bracket? This will test if the unit and app are working, everything else is a positioning error.

If you have muzzle blast between the radar and bullet you will need the parabolic adapter.

The Bulletseeker app has been updated so make sure you have the latest version.

https://www.speedtracker.tech/forum "

I will work on it and see what I can sort out and give people an update.
    But as a reasonably experienced precision reloader and shooter, if it takes this much effort to make a device to work, then it is not worth the money they are asking for.

Stick to a Labradar for now, guys, until further updates.

Labradar with RAT, life is perfect.

Yeah, I know this thread is about the Bulletseaker but -
    Only real Labradar issue I have is bluetooth comms. My latest Samsung struggles to connect and mid string drops out. An old POS Huawei phone which I intended throwing out connects perfectly every time and doesn't drop out. I'm now using it as a non connected phone dedicated to my Labradar.

The Bluetooth app is not perfect by any means but is miles better than using the Labradar screen. I communicated with the app developer who appears independant of the Labradar Canadian company. He was not interested at all in my concerns/recommendations.

Apologies @lee308 for the intrusion but if I didn't have the LR I would also now own a Bulletseaker.

They now called Speedtracker m4. lots of people are having problems. And the selling agents has responded to me to say that they will replace my unit. But their app is really shit. said I need to update the app. but there is nowwhere to find it. This current app you Can't delete a string of shots, can't add to a string of shots, can't see rifle information easily. can't get back to home page, and when you do get to see some speed, you don't know which string of shots it is adding the last shot to. everything is just a cluster fuck compare to how easy labradar is. I'm really surprised that they are selling a product that is in its current state, it is really not a developed product to sell. Not even a half developed product.
    zimmer, dannyb and Stump like this.

To delete a string, you have to go into the string page, select the correct string and scroll down to ‘delete string’…it highlighted red at the bottom.

To add shots to a string, you select the correct string from the string page, then go back to home page. It will identify the selected string as being active (says ‘active string: ABC123’). Then it will pick up shots and add them to that string. I’ve done this back and forth across 2 rifles in a single range session. However if Bluetooth connection is lost, you have to turn off and start again.

Quote Originally Posted by gqhoon View Post
    To delete a string, you have to go into the string page, select the correct string and scroll down to ‘delete string’…it highlighted red at the bottom.

To add shots to a string, you select the correct string from the string page, then go back to home page. It will identify the selected string as being active (says ‘active string: ABC123’). Then it will pick up shots and add them to that string. I’ve done this back and forth across 2 rifles in a single range session. However if Bluetooth connection is lost, you have to turn off and start again.
    It is not as easy and straight forward as my labradar that is for sure. If I have to try and look for buttons on the screen so many times, it is not designed properly and needs a lot of improvement.
    They did tell me that my app was the testing version (why you would sell your customer a half developed product and let them go through this frustration is beyond me) and I need the newer version, so I have downloaded it and will try again when they sent me the new unit that actually turns on and off properly.

The NZ agent is very helpful and knowledgeable, had a good chat with him and he said the one I bought from Australia was the first batch and it was problematic from what he has heard. The ones he sold in NZ after I bought my one were updated version and work well. He will send me a new one and a parabolic adaptor (I have to pay extra for the adaptor to make it work with muzzle brakes or suppressors). He suggested to the manufacture that they should have this adaptor included as half the guns nowadays have a muzzle device. But the manufacturer would not do it without extra cost on top of an already high price. So watch this space. I have updated the app and will test the new version against the old version and take photos to show what is really going on.

I have used the bullet sniffer on a desert tech. Works every time with suppressed .308 barrel mounted on the handguard (about 150mm behind the front of the suppressor). However with a longer suppressed 300 win mag barrel I had lots of trouble getting the thing to work. Tried everything including mounting to the suppressor and buying the useless parabolic adapter. Finally ended up extending a picattiny rail out past the end of the handguard at 0130 oclock postion to sit the BS 150mm behind the front of the suppressor. Seemed to work ok in this position. It had so much trouble picking up any shots from various .22 LR's that it was useless for that. The app is definately a bit basic and not intuitive. The instructions refer to settings that arent available in the app.
    lee308 likes this.

I got sent this link to understand where the radar beam is shooting out from the unit. I did track a lot of my 22lr shots no problem.
    So I guess it is very sensitive to positioning and alignment. One good thing about this is that once you have it aligned, it should be very accurate.
    But how much time you want to spend before you give up and call it a failure. I will give the replacement unit a try again, if there is further time wasting beyond my tolerance. I will report here again.

https://www.speedtracker.tech/forum/...ng-tips-tricks
    matagouri and Borris like this.