Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tikka7mm08
  • 1 Post By Tikka7mm08

Thread: Gear Review: Labradar Recoil Activated Trigger (RAT)

Gear Review: Labradar Recoil Activated Trigger (RAT)

There is nothing worse (there probably is) than doing load development and the Labradar doesn't pick up a shot.

This often happens with a suppressor as the reduced noise doesn't set off the trigger to the Labradar to tell it to start measuring.

I tried the Labradar mic and that was a help but at times couldn't get the set up right to be 100% sure it would work. At other times if there was a breeze it would trigger a false reading before a ahot and if you didn't notice you would lose that shot as you need to hit enter on the unit to arm again.

Reading about the RAT on the forum I jumped in. It was AUD120 plus post so I was hoping it would be an improvement.

I gave it a test in windy conditions that would have ruled out using the Labradar with my suppressed 308 Montana. It comes with a good length of velcro that allows fixing to side of the rifle well out of the way.

Pleased to report it worked flawlessly with 100% reading reliability. The trigger itself weighs nothing and its location on the rifle will not affect POI. This is important as was one of the reasons I moved from other chrony's. Of couse when not shooting a suppressed rifle you can use the Labradar as normal without the RAT.

https://grenfellarmouringservice.com...cid=0000000047

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    zimmer likes this.

R93
    Sounds like the go. However I have never had an issue with my radar not triggering unless I lined it up wrong.
    To be fair I don't muck around in much wind and normally fire from hard cover inside a sheltered range.

Even subsonic 22 works for me.

The app fucks me off every now and then but by far the best chrony on the market.
    Can shoot the rifle and when finished, with a couple presses of the button shoot a pistol over it.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Yeah hands down the best chrony there is.
    R93 likes this.

Main issue the RAT solved for me is the LabRadar being false triggered by shooters firing next to me. Even a couple of shooters away would false trigger it as well.

Also, with shooting at my club off their concrete benchs there is not enough room at the end of the bench to position the LR at a good position near the muzzle. It meant that I had to always cart a tripod to the range and set it up just fwd of the bench edge. Position near the muzzle is now not an issue and the tripod stays at home.

Have yet to try the RAT with a 22 rf.
    Last edited by zimmer; 19-11-2020 at 08:22 AM.

I haven't but have a suppressed ruger 10/22 and will try that with subs.