Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree275Likes

Thread: Dundee Yards

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    @Dundee to be verified and witnessed by the local Presbyterian Minister.
    Why him? who he?

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    That would never work. The minister would become sidetracked trying to exorcise the Watties demons.
    Most Presbyterians I know would freak out and run away from a demon. A Watties demon......well, that could force them to go live in a different time zone.
    Dundee likes this.

@Dundee
    Got a Stirling 1400 w/2.5X cheapie given to me by BIL.
    Shoots better than I can, with whatever I feed it.
    Most shots under 75 M though.
    Dundee likes this.

X heaps on the stirling. I have a 14p that I got for my first 22 back in about 87-88.
    Always shot well.
    Dundee likes this.

Good shooting weather it was 193 yards or 19.3 yards you got him fair and square.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    Why him? who he?
    Well Max, the choice of which religious representative to act as validator is simple really. We want Dundee to have a fair unweighted opportunity of success. If a Catholic Priest was selected this would be unfair to Dundee as the shot was from a prone position and having a Priest standing behind whilst lying prone would potentially affect Dundees concentration.
    An Anglican Minister would be no good as he / she would want to be paid. The same goes for a Jewish Rabbi. A Methodist would only attend if Dundee was a non drinker. A Muslim Cleric would be concerned that the Hare was facing Mecca. A Seventh Day Adventist Minister might turn out to be vegetarian and not approve. A Lutheran would want a Hare to take home to eat on Boxing Day. The list goes on and in the end we are left with selecting a Stoic Presbyterian Minister who wont turn from duty.
    Dundee, 223nut, Cordite and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    When we walked the milford track back in 83 I think it was we met an old retired farmer from pio pio half way through the first day. He was coming back from Milford having gone both ways. Footwear was a pair of redbands he'd worn gumboots all his life . Mind you we had solid rain for the rest of the trip and suddenly his footwear seemed a good choice
    On a school trip walked around Waikaremoana in gumboots. 40+ years ago.
    They were beauty on all the wet bits.
    Mind you used to run round in either barefeet ,gumboots or footy boots.
    Then graduated to lace up gumboots Ashleys? with No 8 wire laces.
    Wore them for years when shepherding.
    Picked up hay in often in jandels.
    Dundee, Moa Hunter and Sideshow like this.

Well Max, the choice of which religious representative to act as validator is simple really. We want Dundee to have a fair unweighted opportunity of success. If a Catholic Priest was selected this would be unfair to Dundee as the shot was from a prone position and having a Priest standing behind whilst lying prone would potentially affect Dundees concentration.
    An Anglican Minister would be no good as he / she would want to be paid. The same goes for a Jewish Rabbi. A Methodist would only attend if Dundee was a non drinker. A Muslim Cleric would be concerned that the Hare was facing Mecca. A Seventh Day Adventist Minister might turn out to be vegetarian and not approve. A Lutheran would want a Hare to take home to eat on Boxing Day. The list goes on and in the end we are left with selecting a Stoic Presbyterian Minister who wont turn from duty.
    A stoic Presbyterian would likely class @Dundee's attitude to tomato sauce as a perversion, an addiction, or both.
    Dundee likes this.

I think the hare saw that gold plated trophy scope and played dead and the dog found it.
    Dundee and Moa Hunter like this.

@Dundee I am laying down the gauntlet, a challenge to you Sir. I will wager that you cannot repeat the shot.
    Let us see you shoot a life size crouching hare target at the same place and same distance, to be verified and witnessed by the local Presbyterian Minister.
    Well at least if he missed the 2nd time he could always blame his rifle....well at least the stock or the scope, No one would argue!
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzo View Post
    I think the hare saw that gold plated trophy scope and played dead and the dog found it.
    What about a Gold Hare...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_vju27U-sA

As previously reported I was shooting a roughly hare-sized alloy plate at 230m with a .22LR and CCI subs last week, after @rossi.45’s motivation. I think I hit the plate second shot? @Wingman will remember. Helps that he’s set all dope. After that it was plink... plink...plink.

So its 10 cred points from. Myth confirmed in my book.

Naysayers probably haven’a even tried!
    Dundee likes this.

I did shoot a white hare too with the stirling 14p even the unbelievers can't match that!
    Scouser, Moa Hunter and Sideshow like this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Boaraxa and Sideshow like this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Banned
    So @Dundee are you willing to accept my challenge and repeat your extraordinary feat of field marksmanship ? ( A suggestion to 'Mythbusters' perhaps?)
    It is he wheel tracks in the grass and the quad faced the wrong way that have created the doubt.
    Having been referred to as an 'unbeliever' at the start of the post is the reason that I suggested a clergyman validate the shot. If you cannot repeat, then the right person will be on hand to observe you repent.
    Dundee and Max Headroom like this.