Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Out foxing a problem

Ok, I didn't realise they are easier or harder to whistle in at different times of the year. I was in Vic in late Feb early March and we were calling (whistling) them in.

Savage little bastards
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

Hunter 308 if you come over harvesting again this year give me a call when you get near the end and we might be able to go and find a sambar for you.
    Snakes are not the big deal most people make them out to be. Only time I've seen them be aggressive is after I've done some thing to give them a reason to be.
    Puku at this time of year most foxes won't come to a whistle. An old cunning fox will run away at 100 miles an hour if it hears a whistle. I have neighbours who use a whistle all the time so the foxes around here are well trained.
    You would be surprised but even with a spot light you quite often need to use a bit of hunting nouse to out smart them.

Cheers Ackley
    hunter308 likes this.