Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree293Likes

Thread: Eugenie Sage

Defamation. Not deformation. Slight difference.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    I think we could handle a little deformation of the green party..........Getting them out of shape could be fun to watch...
    csmiffy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    I think we could handle a little deformation of the green party..........Getting them out of shape could be fun to watch...
    ever seen a thin politician ?
    Steve123 likes this.

Nice pick up gimp. I’m in the States at the moment and they spell funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Nice pick up gimp. I’m in the States at the moment and they spell funny.
    They spell funny ..same here eh. The word Hunters is now spelt with a C .

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    Totally agree Tahr. Also we should not loose sight of our goal - to have well managed game herds in balance with the environment. That is what is important, not a lot of 'school yard 'she called me names BS'. I actually don't care what I get called or imagine I've been called if I get managed game herds. At this point the Minister has shown that she will listen and consider, and that alone deserves respect.
    absolutely agree on this point : "I actually don't care what I get called or imagine I've been called if I get managed game herds." .... with one rider, based on robust science and data. Not emotive shit about daisies.

But i don't think we have any solid evidence yet, that Sage and F&B have done anything other than "be seen to listen".
    Belated consultation was a good step, albeit they were politically embarrassed into having to do so!! But until we hard evidence in writing and action as to exactly what the "revised Tahr cull plan" is, then I'm sorry but I don't trust these loonies and they have a long way to go to earn my respect.
    Sideshow likes this.

Although both involve getting bent out of shape.
    timattalon and Moa Hunter like this.

Respect is earned, not a given because of your occupation or status. She has not earnt my respect, doubt she ever will. But I will be civil...........publicly!
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Husky1600 View Post
    Respect is earned, not a given because of your occupation or status. She has not earnt my respect, doubt she ever will. But I will be civil...........publicly!
    and that is it summed up perfect, we are supposed to be supportive and treat everyone as equals. at the end of the day not everyone deserves respect.
    i choose not to judge people for their gender, religion or race. there are good and bad people that fit into these categories. but i damn well refuse to think everyone is my equal

Quote Originally Posted by ethos View Post
    Most of them have no idea of how the world works outside Auckland or possibly Wellington.
    This is a labour friendly blog from a few days ago, read the comments and ingest the highbrow out of touch douchery on display:
    https://thestandard.org.nz/national-...king-at-tahrs/
    This mob don’t swear at you, they are better than you.
    I read some of the posts. Gotta like Chris73.

Quote Originally Posted by Husky1600 View Post
    Respect is contextual. In this context it's respecting her and Governments right to have a contra opinion or policy to yours (or in this case, ours). Respecting her behaviour or approach is another matter, albeit that it does not absolve us from being respectful in our interactions with her and what we say.

Occupation or status has nothing to do with it.

As an example, I do not agree with your opinion on this but I respect your right to have it. It is no reason for me to be uncivil. If you were uncivil and I was to match your behaviour not only would it be destructive, but I would also be breaching my own values.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Respect is contextual. In this context it's respecting her and Governments right to have a contra opinion or policy to yours (or in this case, ours). Respecting her behaviour or approach is another matter, albeit that it does not absolve us from being respectful in our interactions with her and what we say.

Occupation or status has nothing to do with it.

As an example, I do not agree with your opinion on this but I respect your right to have it. It is no reason for me to be uncivil. If you were uncivil and I was to match your behaviour not only would it be destructive, but I would also be breaching my own values.
    No disrespect like, but the world you think you live in does not exist, certainly not for me anyway and I'm not alone.......trust no one when it comes to politics,power and greed...I'll stick to that.
    H&K MAN and Sarvo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by doinit View Post
    No disrespect like, but the world you think you live in does not exist, certainly not for me anyway and I'm not alone.......trust no one when it comes to politics,power and greed...I'll stick to that.
    Trust has nothing to do with it. We can manage trust, or the lack of it.

The world I live in does exist. Its actually the same world that the Thar Foundation and GAC live in, and look at what they just achieved. They were respectful, and are managing trust. And getting results.
    Last edited by Tahr; 05-10-2018 at 12:59 PM.
    kiwijames, Nick-D and Boaraxa like this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by doinit View Post
    From your post doinit, I believe that you have missed the point made by Tahr. If hunters want their sport and rights to enjoy that very sport to be respected, then we must also act in such a way that endears respect. May I add ; People in politics are a certain type. They enjoy the public profile, the power and other trappings. That is how they are. We don't need to trust Politicians in order to understand how the system works and work it. we need to set our goals and work towards those aims.
    The biggest threat to hunting is 'Forest and bird'. That organisation has an enormous 'War Chest' and a great deal of Political Respect as a reputable organisation. To counter F&B the first step is to act in a totally professional and respectful manner.
    Gimp, Tahr and others have made this point over and over but there are still people on this forum who for some reason cannot understand a simple message. I don't want to make a disrespectful comment on a public forum about those people, but I am sure thinking it....
    Tahr, chainsaw and Russian 22. like this.

You lot have made the British news papers.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-live-air.html