Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree293Likes

Thread: Eugenie Sage

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    a 15 amp wall socket will supply a max of 3600 Watts of energy per hour at 100% AC to DC conversion ( not possible but close, maybe 95%) but lets take all that at 100% for maths
    next issue is power generation, most of our juice comes from hydro and i'm pretty happy about that, what these muppets dont realise is that the more energy (electric) you want the more water has to flow.
    at present a dam may have 8 turbines, in the day it runs 5 with 3 spare for heavy loading (super cold nights/hot days when people run heat pumps) at night most people go home so industrial use goes down and demand goes down
    now start adding everyone charging up their electric car at night and those turbines need to be run all the time
    end result hydro will not supply the electricity required
    I was told that our dams do not have the Penstock / Turbine capacity to use all of the incoming water in an 'average' recharge year. Therefore water is spilt down the Waitaki and never used for generation. Is this true.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by A330driver View Post
    Moa hunter,that’s pretty funny mate...and your right,......but when your big day comes and you step up to the big-boy 300WM CALIBRE,and that’s the “party” I belong too,.......you will lament the same thing about that ......
    I agree the 300WM is a formidable stag slaying machine A330 driver. No stag can withstand it's power. But hunting, as 270 owners know is not all about blasting the quarry; it is also about the joy of the sounds of the bush and hearing the stags themselves …..something made difficult with tinnitus

Bus driver
    Mate ... if it’s any consolation,I too,own a 270,awesome calibre.I was merely pulling your chain.If you ever need some great earplugs,let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    I agree the 300WM is a formidable stag slaying machine A330 driver. No stag can withstand it's power. But hunting, as 270 owners know is not all about blasting the quarry; it is also about the joy of the sounds of the bush and hearing the stags themselves …..something made difficult with tinnitus
    Moa Hunter likes this.
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by A330driver View Post
    Mate ... if it’s any consolation,I too,own a 270,awesome calibre.I was merely pulling your chain.If you ever need some great earplugs,let me know.
    Good on ya mate !!!

Has there been any follow up to Eugenie saying Cunter's on live TV? Any apology as such?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Has there been any follow up to Eugenie saying Cunter's on live TV? Any apology as such?
    Not so you'd notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    Not so you'd notice.
    From what I have seen there has been no apology, but there has been no Eugenie Sage either.....Like she has disappeared into the office and refuses to come out....

Banned
    Double Double, Boil and Bubble
    Mathias likes this.

Why are we still talking about her?
    WOFTAM

Waste Of F......... Time And Money
    csmiffy likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    WOFTAM
    Because we are a bunch of CU***RS
    Moa Hunter and csmiffy like this.

Banned
    WOFTAM
    Because we are now in the winding down phase from the earlier intense forum action that lead to the climax of the TV announcement - so we are now in the after-play stage to use a coital analogy
    Maca49 likes this.

WOFTAM
    Im not done talking any one else hear about how 17500 Tahr were to be shot yet they have or had 100,000 rounds of ammo sitting in the states , averages out at just under 6 rounds per animal , assuming its only the Tahr they are targeting , another rumour I heard is the wallis,s purchased 2 brand new 500,s for the occasion , just what id been told not 100% if its correct .
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Im not done talking any one else hear about how 17500 Tahr were to be shot yet they have or had 100,000 rounds of ammo sitting in the states , averages out at just under 6 rounds per animal , assuming its only the Tahr they are targeting , another rumour I heard is the wallis,s purchased 2 brand new 500,s for the occasion , just what id been told not 100% if its correct .
    have read elsewhere that the chopper purchase story is 99.9% BS, but given this gubments record for spending up big time to achieve targets, nothing would surprise me
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

2x 500s is like a Hughes 1000.