Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Firearm confiscation

Firearm confiscation

Hi team. I'm aware there was a similar thread on this but I can't find it.

Was just around at my folks place. They were upset as apparently their close friends in Te Awamutu had 6 police officers show up in the night to confiscate firearms, all of which were 'apparently' legal..

Has anyone heard anything about this happening? It sounds absurd to me and I'm struggling to believe it..

Sorry for the speculative thread. Just passing on info here as the farmers that that this happen are extremely upset and traumatized (their words) from the experience.

Gone but not forgotten
    If I recall correctly the other thread was in the Buy and Sell section.

Gone but not forgotten
    hotsoup likes this.

Ok a lot of flak in that thread. Posted as I called BS on my folks story, thought I'd enquire here.

Admin please delete thread, I don't have any proof of this. Not looking for trouble
    Huk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hotsoup View Post
    Admin please delete thread, I don't have any proof of this. Not looking for trouble
    You previously stated “ Was just around at my folks place. They were upset as apparently their close friends in Te Awamutu had 6 police officers show up in the night to confiscate firearms, all of which were 'apparently' legal.. ”
    So while not proof, either your parents just made it up, or it happened and they have good reason to be upset. Which is it?

I doubt the police went in without cause. Assuming it did happen. I guess it’s around was the cause justified? If it happened.
    rugerman likes this.

My folks are straight shooters, they would not make this up. They're adamant this happened.

I agree, the police must have a genuine reason. I'm in the process of finding more details
    rugerman and Maxx like this.

My folks are straight shooters, they would not make this up. They're adamant this happened. I agree, the police must have a genuine reason. I'm in the process of finding more details
    Get the phone number of the people it happened to and give them a call. Get the information directly.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

My folks are straight shooters, they would not make this up. They're adamant this happened.

I agree, the police must have a genuine reason. I'm in the process of finding more details
    I didn’t think for a moment anything other.
    Older folk don’t seem to have the same propensity for exaggeration or plain old bullshitting.

I’m a little perplexed as to why some on here are so aggressive in trying to shut this down? (The other thread) A little before my time on here but perhaps due to fear of being evicted by the mods?

I have more than a fair degree of respect for the police. I would like to think I’m a good citizen, I’m certainly law abiding, apart from my preference to drive faster than the speed limit on suitable roads.
    But… I don’t like where we’re heading with firearms licensing. I don’t believe all police are squeaky clean. I think political influence is in play at times when it probably shouldn’t.

Not sure how many of you have seen what happened to the Bluff publican who had anti Govt posters on his pub wall? (Police shakedown)

This needs to be exposed, bought to the public’s attention.
    You can’t rely on the media, they are under resourced, in terms of money ability and talent.

However the flip side is, you/we can’t rely on the internet either, we’re all aware it’s the breeding ground of every recent conspiracy. And if that’s the motive for shutting this down, that’s great.
    But for those with direct access and or the ability to do a little digging and get to the bottom of it.
    Let’s see if there’s any proof. There may well be a very good reason.

For example, I understand if there has been an incident of some kind which may provoke a gun owner to seek retribution, the police will confiscate firearms until the red mist has cleared. In my opinion a good practice.
    6x47, Moa Hunter, hotsoup and 2 others like this.

Gone but not forgotten
    Yeah, but that was 10 months ago.

And apparently it's still happening. The couple have taken the situation to court, will update if I hear anymore info
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    The media in NZ are not under resourced - they are owned completely by the labour government.
    Who pays the piper calls the tune - so no dissenting view will ever be printed or presented.
    And the amalgamation of TVNZ and RNZ won’t improve that position on little bit.
    outlander, pennyless and OGM like this.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    The media in NZ are not under resourced - they are owned completely by the labour government.
    Who pays the piper calls the tune - so no dissenting view will ever be printed or presented.
    Owned? Really??
    No dissenting view?? Ever??

I totally accept that the MSM editorial is at times sympathetic to labour by dint of their (journos) personal politics, but nothing else.

When you say "owned" I guess that you are referring to the Public Interest Journalism Fund? What do you know about the purpose of that and how it is distributed?
    Last edited by Tahr; 07-10-2022 at 12:03 PM.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Owned? Really??
    No dissenting view?? Ever??

I totally accept that the MSM editorial is at times sympathetic to labour by dint of their (journos) personal politics, but nothing else.

When you say "owned" I guess that you are referring to the Public Interest Journalism Fund? What do you know about the purpose of that and how it is distributed?
    LOL
    outlander likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt