Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Firearm confiscation

The PM is never gotten asked the hard questions on RNZ, and she pretty dodge them anyway she wants if there were any..
    But when you see how the two clowns in the morning and the one at 5pm seem to delect themselves in harassing the current opposition there no wonder that there is a serious bias in our national media.

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    The PM is never gotten asked the hard questions on RNZ, and she pretty dodge them anyway she wants if there were any..
    But when you see how the two clowns in the morning and the one at 5pm seem to delect themselves in harassing the current opposition there no wonder that there is a serious bias in our national media.
    Really? That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I disagree with you.

A majority of our media - led by that idiot Hoskings - is well right of centre and continuously shows a right wing bias.

I don’t know him or his style because I don’t listen to him.
    What media does he work for? Is it publicly funded?
    And it is good that right wing medias ask the hard questions.
    Finnwolf likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Really? That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I disagree with you.

A majority of our media - led by that idiot Hoskings - is well right of centre and continuously shows a right wing bias.
    Cindy’s friend, Mr Hoskings and we know what happened, to tough on the questions, I’m not coming back. He’s the only one that’s holds any of them to account
    Slug, 7mmwsm, blake and 3 others like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I don't think the Public Interest Journalisim Fund is the only lever the Govt has over the media - listening to the radio in the workshop I am bombarded by entreaties to get additional covid boosters etc - none of which would be free, i posit. I would be interested to see where the Govt sits in advertising spend in NZ's media over the last two ears. It would be more than a little naïve to think that has no effect on editorial direction.

I was somewhat skeptical about the original claim in this post, but I heard something from friends yesterday that might add to the scenario described.

Apparently, 6 uniformed cops turned up at one of their acquaintance's residence to deliver him a letter, advising him of the revokation of his firearms licence, and to take his firearms. No notice given, they just showed up.

His crime, I hear you ask? Well, locally (and maybe more widespread, but not sure) there is a group of people who seem to believe they can live in NZ under some "common law" constitution that grants them special rights, and relieves them of legal responsibilities prescribed by current NZ law. Apparently this "constitution" derives from a time prior to the ToW when the Federation of Tribes sent a Declaration of Independence of the United Tribes of New Zealand to the then King of England, who duly accepted and endorsed it. These people want to go back in time to the 1830's.

So, currently, these deluded individuals think they can not pay tax, drive unregistered vehicles, and exclude themselves from involvement with NZ Police. One individual who tried to sell me on the idea some months ago showed me a Schedule of Rates that he supposedly hands to cops that puts a price of various interactions with police, such as an hourly rate for answering their questions, through to a fixed fee of $2000 for being put in handcuffs. It's pretty crazy stuff.

You may recognise their vehicles, as their number plates look like personalised plates, displaying the word PRIVATE. But it's not legit as it's seven characters long, and I've seen them on numerous different vehicles in the area. You may recognise their residences as many fly the United Tribes flag at their gate. A notice at the gate will also advise that you are leaving the realm of NZ and entering some other dominion.

Anyway, the latest progression of this movement, and apparently what triggered the cops' visit, is for these individuals to send a letter to the cops stating that they are not bound by current NZ law, but subject to common law such as existed prior to the ToW. That being the case, how could the cops NOT turn up to take guns?

I'll keep an ear to the ground for further developments in you're interested. But remember, I'm only a messenger, so shoot if you will, but I'm only passing on what I heard, and thought to be a plausible scenario for why cops show up unannounced to take guns. And if this is the case, I support their action to take guns off people who claim not to be bound by current NZ law.

I think they refer to themselves s "Freeman of the Land" - Pain in the ass in the UK - and had the misfortune to get baled up by one at a (non gun related) club meeting.

The other club members, said it was time for him to go.

Absolute nut bars.

But yes - as schwen said - if you wrote to the police and tell them to shove their laws, and say you are not bound by them - you will get a visit - something about prodding a bear and all that.

I just say - pick your battles - and that is not one you can win.
    Moa Hunter and outlander like this.

you also see this periodically on that TV show motorway patrol- instead of just being polite and hearing the copper out ,they erupt into a blistering tirade which inevtiably fails when the ticket is handed over or the pink/green sticker is placed on the windscreen one bloke sometime ago erupted from his crappy truck like a bear with a bum full of piles,shoutin this shit -he was adorned with a fetching set of stainless steel cuffs,and whilst in the officers face-a wee whiff of ETOH was detected -Oh dearie me that was a day he shouldnt have got out of bed.

Also have a casual acquaintance w hose well down the rabbit hole(??up the rabbits bum too at times) whose right into this shit.He tried it on me ...told him Imretired from being paid to look after people with these views so take it some where else . feedback"Hes as nasty person".whoooooptydo
    Bryan, Micky Duck and Russian 22. like this.

Quote Originally Posted by schwen View Post
    I was somewhat skeptical about the original claim in this post, but I heard something from friends yesterday that might add to the scenario described.

Apparently, 6 uniformed cops turned up at one of their acquaintance's residence to deliver him a letter, advising him of the revokation of his firearms licence, and to take his firearms. No notice given, they just showed up.

His crime, I hear you ask? Well, locally (and maybe more widespread, but not sure) there is a group of people who seem to believe they can live in NZ under some "common law" constitution that grants them special rights, and relieves them of legal responsibilities prescribed by current NZ law. Apparently this "constitution" derives from a time prior to the ToW when the Federation of Tribes sent a Declaration of Independence of the United Tribes of New Zealand to the then King of England, who duly accepted and endorsed it. These people want to go back in time to the 1830's.

So, currently, these deluded individuals think they can not pay tax, drive unregistered vehicles, and exclude themselves from involvement with NZ Police. One individual who tried to sell me on the idea some months ago showed me a Schedule of Rates that he supposedly hands to cops that puts a price of various interactions with police, such as an hourly rate for answering their questions, through to a fixed fee of $2000 for being put in handcuffs. It's pretty crazy stuff.

You may recognise their vehicles, as their number plates look like personalised plates, displaying the word PRIVATE. But it's not legit as it's seven characters long, and I've seen them on numerous different vehicles in the area. You may recognise their residences as many fly the United Tribes flag at their gate. A notice at the gate will also advise that you are leaving the realm of NZ and entering some other dominion.

Anyway, the latest progression of this movement, and apparently what triggered the cops' visit, is for these individuals to send a letter to the cops stating that they are not bound by current NZ law, but subject to common law such as existed prior to the ToW. That being the case, how could the cops NOT turn up to take guns?

I'll keep an ear to the ground for further developments in you're interested. But remember, I'm only a messenger, so shoot if you will, but I'm only passing on what I heard, and thought to be a plausible scenario for why cops show up unannounced to take guns. And if this is the case, I support their action to take guns off people who claim not to be bound by current NZ law.
    So are these guys a subgroup of the "sovereign citizen" nut bars? And its pretty much a given that refusal to follow the law of NZ will cause issues with being deemed fit and propper.
    Micky Duck likes this.

MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Doghead View Post
    I think they refer to themselves s "Freeman of the Land" - Pain in the ass in the UK - and had the misfortune to get baled up by one at a (non gun related) club meeting.

The other club members, said it was time for him to go.

Absolute nut bars.

But yes - as schwen said - if you wrote to the police and tell them to shove their laws, and say you are not bound by them - you will get a visit - something about prodding a bear and all that.

I just say - pick your battles - and that is not one you can win.

My MPI lawyer friend tells me that the lowlifes who blatantly disregard recreational fishing bag and size limits often claim to be in this camp. It doesn't stand up in court

That said, with the direction in which NZ society is moving with the blessing of government in some instances, I'm sure we will see more of this kind of thing.
    Micky Duck and outlander like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    So are these guys a subgroup of the "sovereign citizen" nut bars? And its pretty much a given that refusal to follow the law of NZ will cause issues with being deemed fit and propper.
    Yup, and at the same time put their hands out for government benefits, healthcare, want to use our roads and so forth.

Wow, I have learned something about a group of people I had no idea existed...

I'd suggest that if they were involved in a serious accident and got an eftpos machine waved at them prior to getting sorted they'd be most upset.
    outlander and Finnwolf like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    So is the incident Hotsoup is referring to one this crazy bunch or is someone presuming?
    Not presuming, just a possible scenario.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

The same thing happened locally but the office girl rang the bloke to ask what time would suit a visit from plod.
    Hard to believe, he claimed he had no Firearms on the property and safe empty.
    Same bloke has tried the conversation with me about all that shit.
    I explained he was barking up the wrong tree!

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk
    Micky Duck likes this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

And therein is the problem. From a Police perspective If you're going to have to serve a firearms revocation notice there's no way that you could ring and let the person know you're coming. That gives them the opportunity to get rid of their guns and clean out their gun safe.

As a fully licensed firearms owner, I don't want people without license's having access to guns. Some of them use those guns for illegal means, and this just adds fuel and momentum to the anti gun lobby, taxinda and her cronies, and every other loopy who says gun owners are all blood thirsty lunatics looking for an opportunity to shoot anything.

Or these special 'soverign' people who think no rules apply to them other than what suits them at any given time.

Have dealt with a few of these special people in my time. They march to the beat of a different drum
    Last edited by tac a1; 22-10-2022 at 08:15 AM.