Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Firearm confiscation

We had one of these soveriegn citizen types at work on a trial a couple of months back. If he was anything to go by they shouldn't be allowed firearms.

It was pretty weird to hear him ranting about government suveillance while willingly carrying around a smartphone and belonging to a bunch of social media groups where he interacts with other like minded people.
    Pack out heavy

Sovereign Citizens not recognizing the law of the land?

They are quite happy to obey certain laws when it suits - like driving on the left side of the road etc.

But I wonder how good they’d be with firearms laws?
    Micky Duck and outlander like this.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Really? That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I disagree with you.

A majority of our media - led by that idiot Hoskings - is well right of centre and continuously shows a right wing bias.

You must be extremely left leaning if you consider our media right leaning . Also I'd be interested to know what proportion Hoskings audience are left wing "hate listeners" , even though we probably agree on most things I can't stand the guy and never listen to him or read his columns but every terminally online lefty seems to know what he said five minutes ago.

The only upside to our media bias is after next years election I doubt we're going to see any articles that are the equivalent of "Arderns latest relateable parenting moment", pics of Luxons kids birthday cakes or stories about his kid walking in on a zoom call.
    Pack out heavy

The SovCit muppets are insane. I've had a couple come into work here at GC and argue with me that I should sell them a firearm. Had wee ID cards and wanted me to get on the horn with their "ambassador" who would tell me it's all legal etc. Fucking funny, I had a good time with them.
    308, Steve123, Moa Hunter and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by paremata View Post
    You must be extremely left leaning if you consider our media right leaning . Also I'd be interested to know what proportion Hoskings audience are left wing "hate listeners" , even though we probably agree on most things I can't stand the guy and never listen to him or read his columns but every terminally online lefty seems to know what he said five minutes ago.
    I listen to Hoskings in the morning, sometimes he's funny, others he's a bit meh. But I listen for entertainment, sometimes he does wind the ministers up and it's quite funny. Someone at work had me up about him - "he said xxx on 27th of May 2018, then he said yyy in August 14 2022... what do you think of that!?!?!". I was like did he really? Don't care... I can think for myself - he's just a radio host.

Quote Originally Posted by vulcannz View Post
    I listen to Hoskings in the morning, sometimes he's funny, others he's a bit meh. But I listen for entertainment, sometimes he does wind the ministers up and it's quite funny. Someone at work had me up about him - "he said xxx on 27th of May 2018, then he said yyy in August 14 2022... what do you think of that!?!?!". I was like did he really? Don't care... I can think for myself - he's just a radio host.
    Hilarious. It’s amazing how many people who loathe him and Sean Plunkett can do that . I think life’s to short to listen to John Campbell and Paddy Gower , where do these people find the time?
    Pack out heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    The SovCit muppets are insane. I've had a couple come into work here at GC and argue with me that I should sell them a firearm. Had wee ID cards and wanted me to get on the horn with their "ambassador" who would tell me it's all legal etc. Fucking funny, I had a good time with them.
    The hard part to swallow with these roosters is that they totally believe their own bullshit, and if you disagree with them, then you're the enemy. Like I say, they march to the beat of their own drum.............
    Steve123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tac a1 View Post
    The hard part to swallow with these roosters is that they totally believe their own bullshit, and if you disagree with them, then you're the enemy. Like I say, they march to the beat of their own drum.............

Their drum is warped and ruptured, stupid twats the lot of them.
    paremata likes this.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

People like them have been around for years.
    Worked in spare parts ford garage in Tokoroa had this joker come in wanting a bit for his Falcon.
    Got toey when I said I need to lift the bonnet to check details.
    Then wanted discount for being a man of the cloth.
    Needless to say the price covered some smoko for the boys.
    But they are convinced they are ......
    308 likes this.

Sounds like some other people I could name.

Quote Originally Posted by OGM View Post
    So it appears their overly frequent interaction with 'the man' is a bit self-inflicted.
    Always good for a laugh on Police 10/7 when they pull one over, no drivers license, no WOF, no rego, piece of shit car and usually no job - but still expect the right to use tax-payers roads.
    rugerman likes this.