Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree341Likes

Thread: Goodbye possums, rats and stoats

What a fantastic cash cow, pledging to eradicate something that can't be eradicated. And making the public think they are doing it in the name of the greater good! I need to get into this poison business

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    What a fantastic cash cow, pledging to eradicate something that can't be eradicated. And making the public think they are doing it in the name of the greater good! I need to get into this poison business
    That is exactly what this is and always has been.

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk
    deer243 and blake like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

R93
    How are they going to eradicate rats etc when pests keep entering the country.

Look at those poor bastard pea farmers. Shut down for 2 years because of a weaval.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Possums are already targeted by OSPRI and they have rights of entry on private property whenever they feel like invoking their powers under the Biosecurity Act.
    This "new" ploy is intended to cover ALL of New Zealand, yours and my lands.
    I would advise you to sit up and pay close attention to what these people and government minions really intend.
    I told the bastards from Horizons to fuck off after they implyed we had to have bait stations on our property.Took me about 30 minutes to get rid off the fat bastard.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    How are they going to eradicate rats etc when pests keep entering the country.

Look at those poor bastard pea farmers. Shut down for 2 years because of a weaval.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Mabey we ban all imports.
    build ships to take our exports and they are not not allowed back within 50 miles of shore.
    NO international air travel either.

We coukd become a quaker country

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk
    Steve123 likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    How are they going to eradicate rats etc when pests keep entering parliament.
    Fixed it.
    veitnamcam, Dundee and Shanes215 like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

So, for every two dollars local councils and private sector put in, the gvt puts in 1$.
    As council money is public money from tax payers anyway, we tax payers put 2$ in and the private sector puts in 1$, does that sounds logical?
    Now , how a private company is going to be able to get funded? I know g Morgan and his mates could be generous, but they are still here for business and having some kind of returns. So unless it is donations from NZ public or separately funded by gvt I can t see where money would come from.

Now if there was a bounty on rats, stoats, hedgehog , possums...etc. that would better motivate the population to act and be better for economy. At 1$ a possum, those 28 millions would help to eradicate almost 1/2 of the population. Say $2 a stoat, because they are doing a lot of damage and are not that easy to catch. 1/2$ a hedgehog , and 1$ for ten rats. Cats would be free :-) at least it would be good money to would get back into the economy specially in the rural areas.

Because I can see that predator free company being created, and spending their first $10 millions on iPhones, flash Utes , computers and all the administrative shit before they have killed a single rat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    I told the bastards from Horizons to fuck off after they implyed we had to have bait stations on our property.Took me about 30 minutes to get rid off the fat bastard.
    You fucking babble on he probably was looking to escape
    Dundee, Woody and WallyR like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    No human society has succeeded in eliminating cancer, we shouldn't bother giving it a go

Richard Prosser is a moron hth
    Why is he a moron? Is it based on fact or is it a subjective opinion? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tiroatedson View Post
    Why is he a moron? Is it based on fact or is it a subjective opinion? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He states things that are rubbish, or disingenuously misrepresented, as fact; also; he's a politician - what do you expect?

Either a moron, or cynically appealing to margin agenda groups to grub for his pathetic portion of the vote. Take your pick.

Politicians genuinely believe that they're here to save ourselves from ourselves. If you don't agree with what they say, you're treated as an idiot.

Considering they are our employees, the ambiguous morals and high sense of entitlement is pretty shit tbh.
    gadgetman and WallyR like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    He states things that are rubbish, or disingenuously misrepresented, as fact; also; he's a politician - what do you expect?

Either a moron, or cynically appealing to margin agenda groups to grub for his pathetic portion of the vote. Take your pick.
    Don't you mean to two politicians that made the original press / media statement about this proposal?

My thoughts after a few days to sink in. Administration costs will take most money available. Then I read Morgan expert on all, farcebook stuff on the subject. Charge the tourist a levies when they come here, then the penny drops for me. Tourist in the bush near you and hairy arsed hunters need to stay home so they will kill deer ect as a buy kill with 1080. The mono rail to the fiords will raise its head again soon. Then all decent patches of bush will have some form of quick access. The rich just don't spend shitloads for no return and the tourist dollar is easy pickings. Local councils / government on the other hand spend up bigtime with no thought of where the money comes from. DOC love tourists and if you don't believe it just check out how many idiots are choppered off the Tongariro crossing wearing jandals shorts and singlet cos the sun was shining when we set off. Best thing the hunter can do is run bear grills type tours. Eat you own shit, drink you own piss tour, or is that a stag night I cant remember.
    Woody and WallyR like this.

deer243 and Steve123 like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Have been at a block that has not had poison ever, but the odd trap has been set. The possums were numerous, running up the road in, hear them around the dwelling at night. The Tui's and Pigeons and other birds were also there in great numbers also. Confusing.
    gadgetman and Cspence like this.